No Jobs Created In August

02 Sep 2011 14:10 #1 by FredHayek
So it looks like stimulus, payroll tax cuts, and tax cuts for the rich and corporations still aren't working.

What needs to change to create jobs? Obama is floating the idea of giving tax breaks to employers who hire new staff, but I don't know if that will work either.

Maybe a stimulus package for consumers? Get a $500 check for spending $5000 on durable goods in one month? A $1000 check for buying a house?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Sep 2011 14:36 #2 by archer
Replied by archer on topic No Jobs Created In August
If the Republicans are determined to give tax breaks to corporations so they will create jobs, how about tying the tax break to the number of jobs added to the payroll. The more employees you hire the greater the tax relief. That way the tax cut actually goes to creating jobs, not to investors and bigger management salaries. It would have to be based on a percentage of employees, so small businesses woulr get a break too.

02 Sep 2011 14:59 #3 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic No Jobs Created In August

archer wrote: If the Republicans are determined to give tax breaks to corporations so they will create jobs, how about tying the tax break to the number of jobs added to the payroll. The more employees you hire the greater the tax relief. That way the tax cut actually goes to creating jobs, not to investors and bigger management salaries. It would have to be based on a percentage of employees, so small businesses woulr get a break too.

It sort of already works that way, if you buy capital equipment, you can take it off your taxes and many times when you buy capital equipment, you are expanding and hiring new people. (Of course sometimes new capital equipment is intended to replace employees.) But I think even with the current capital equipment tax breaks, businesses are still too fearful to expand.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

02 Sep 2011 18:44 #4 by otisptoadwater
I don't think it can be said any better than this:

[youtube:fdo3utk6]
[/youtube:fdo3utk6]

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

02 Sep 2011 18:51 #5 by otisptoadwater
Small business owners predicted this outcome, here's an example from 17 October 2008:

[youtube:2282k1md]
[/youtube:2282k1md]

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

02 Sep 2011 19:11 #6 by lionshead2010
What WE need is ANOTHER four years of this. It's awesome!

Those thirteen indicators VL mentioned that reassure Obama's re-election. You have to wonder. What will the country look like in 2016?

Will there even be a country then or will we join an economic dynamo that is like the European Union in its current state?

02 Sep 2011 19:29 #7 by otisptoadwater

lionshead2010 wrote: What WE need is ANOTHER four years of this. It's awesome!

Will there even be a country then or will we join an economic dynamo that is like the European Union in its current state?

I want to believe that the majority of average Americans have had as much of this President as they can take/afford. Unfortunately the American public is well known for it's very short memory so we will need a September/October 2012 spoiler to remind the public that four more years of this is not going to be good for America or Americans.

02 Sep 2011 19:40 #8 by lionshead2010
I suspect the Administration has been told what must really be done to kick start the economy...and if they do those things they will lose their base.

So it appears we may very well have four more years of the same. The new round of BS started with the little circus stunt the President pulled on picking the night to address Congress. More BS.

How does that saying go? "The definition of insanity. Keep doing the same things over and over again....and expecting a different outcome."

:faint:

02 Sep 2011 19:59 #9 by conifermtman

otisptoadwater wrote: I don't think it can be said any better than this:

[youtube:iay3vtxl]

[/youtube:iay3vtxl]

That was awesome.

02 Sep 2011 20:05 #10 by conifermtman
Some of us knew that Obama was and still is an incompetent moron during the last election. Unfortunately, many people had to learn this the hard way. I hope all of you who voted for this idiot learned your lesson regardless of what flawed logic you used to convince yourself Obama was brilliant. As bad as the left made Bush out to be, Obama has been much worse and he now has a track record that proves it.

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds