5-4: SUPREMES EXTEND GUN RIGHTS NATIONWIDE

28 Jun 2010 16:59 #21 by LOL
Viking, you have to speak nicer to them. Liberals and Lefties prefer that you call them progressives nowdays I believe, it just sounds so much softer. Actually they don't like to be labeled as really anything I don't think. They are just caring, compassionate thinkers, wanting to make the world a better place. Now doesn't that sound nicer? :)

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Jun 2010 17:04 #22 by JMC

Joe wrote: Viking, you have to speak nicer to them. Liberals and Lefties prefer that you call them progressives nowdays I believe, it just sounds so much softer. Actually they don't like to be labeled as really anything I don't think. They are just caring, compassionate thinkers, wanting to make the world a better place. Now doesn't that sound nicer? :)

Thank you, thank you very much! A very sensitive bunch for sure. I for one enjoy name calling,cheap labels and love to go a few rounds sometimes with a worthy opposing knucklehead.

28 Jun 2010 17:08 #23 by The Viking

Joe wrote: Viking, you have to speak nicer to them. Liberals and Lefties prefer that you call them progressives nowdays I believe, it just sounds so much softer. Actually they don't like to be labeled as really anything I don't think. They are just caring, compassionate thinkers, wanting to make the world a better place. Now doesn't that sound nicer? :)

I didn't think I was being that mean but I do understand that many on the left are trying to run from the word 'liberal' now a days. I for one am proud to be called a Conservative. But duly noted. I am reposting my question here in a more politically correct manner.

I have noticed that not one person formerly know as a Liberal, who switched to a progressive until they realized they are way out ther marxists, so now are just called, 'caring, compassionate thinkers, wanting to make the world a better place', (as long as they can do it with other people's money), have joined in this celebration or discussion. Is there a reason? I would think all Americans would be happy.

Is that better? :biggrin:

28 Jun 2010 17:10 - 28 Jun 2010 17:12 #24 by LOL
JMC I thought your post and answer was good. I was just trying to answer Vikings questions. I know you are cool and can spar with the best of us. Keep it up, love the debate! :)

Very Funny Viking! :) :) You get 2 smiles!

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

28 Jun 2010 17:10 #25 by The Viking

JMC wrote:

Thank you, thank you very much! A very sensitive bunch for sure. I for one enjoy name calling,cheap labels and love to go a few rounds sometimes with a worthy opposing knucklehead.

All I said was Liberal. So now the left thinks that is a bad name? Hmmmmmm?????

28 Jun 2010 17:16 #26 by JMC

The Viking wrote:

I didn't think I was being that mean but I do understand that many on the left are trying to run from the word 'liberal' now a days. I for one am proud to be called a Conservative. But duly noted. I am reposting my question here in a more politically correct manner.

I have noticed that not one person formerly know as a Liberal, who switched to a progressive until they realized they are way out ther marxists, so now are just called, 'caring, compassionate thinkers, wanting to make the world a better place', (as long as they can do it with other people's money), have joined in this celebration or discussion. Is there a reason? I would think all Americans would be happy.

See 2 posts above, asked and answered. I thought rednecks could read. No PC here!

28 Jun 2010 17:17 - 28 Jun 2010 17:29 #27 by LOL
JMC is a flaming LIB! :)

28 Jun 2010 17:19 - 28 Jun 2010 17:23 #28 by The Viking

JMC wrote:

The Viking wrote: I have noticed that not one Liberal has joined in this celebration or discussion. Is there a reason? I would think all Americans would be happy.

I support this decision, but also believe that the 2nd amendment 'as written' allows someone to carry a missile launcher in downtown Denver. The Constitution needs to reflect technology that the founders could never imagine. How would you like the pressure of making a decision today that would effect people 200 years from now . We can't possibly know how science and knowledge will change our understanding of the world.
The court made the right decision in this case (by law) but communities should have some ability to decide at the local level what they want for themselves.Isn't that what conservatives are all about.
A very activist decision that in this case I agree with.

You actually think following the Constitution was an activist decision? So if you lived in Chicago and you had guns all your life which the Constitution says you can, and then all of the sudden some left wing nut job Like mayor Daley comes in and passes a law saying that you are no longer allowed as an American citizen to have your 2nd amendment rights recognized where you have lived for years. You think that is not an activist Mayor?

The SCOTUS just gave them back their 2nd amendment American born rights. You cannot own property and have lived somewhere most or all of your life or even a few years and then have an activist Mayor take away one of your constitutional rights. So now what? If you want to have your second ammendment rights recognized, you have to sell your home and move? That is not America.

So what if Bailey came out and said that no one in Bailey could any longer own a gun? Or what if they chose another amendment like the first amendment to get rid of, and told you that in Bailey you could no longer talk politics online. People can't just willy nilly pick ammendments to our Constitution that they want to take away from people. That is activism. The SCOTUS just overturned activism. I don't think they went far enough though.

28 Jun 2010 17:20 #29 by JMC

Joe wrote: JMC is a flamming LIB! :)

Geez Joe at least spell flaming right. ( never fammed anything in my life) I am a weird hybrid of a left leaning libertarian . But unlike the loony right on here I at least try to be consistent., not a partisan hack.

28 Jun 2010 17:21 #30 by The Viking

JMC wrote:

The Viking wrote:

See 2 posts above, asked and answered. I thought rednecks could read. No PC here!

We uns kan reed jus fiin. This here post wuz been tiped fore youalls wuz posted;

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds