Gov. Chris Christie’s Weight

05 Oct 2011 08:01 #1 by CinnamonGirl
Gov. Chris Christie’s Weight was created by CinnamonGirl
[youtube:131v6em1]
[/youtube:131v6em1]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Oct 2011 09:35 #2 by Wily Fox aka Angela
He does handle himself very well with the public. I like the fact that he doesn't try to go on counter attack, but faces it all head on and with great humor, himself. I liked his comment about his son telling him about new jokes he'd heard and his quick retort of "of course, he is grounded now". HA!

05 Oct 2011 09:43 #3 by Wayne Harrison
A heart attack waiting to happen.

05 Oct 2011 10:56 #4 by mittra303

Conservative Voice wrote: A heart attack waiting to happen.

Maybe, but still not a reason to have not tried running for President. Prior to JFK, many Presidents were overweight and it didn't hinder their ability to do the job. Hell, President Taft was so large he got stuck in a bathtub in the Whitehouse.

I don't necessarily agree with Christie's positions or politics, but definitely don't think he should have let his weight be a deciding factor in whether or not he ran.

05 Oct 2011 11:01 #5 by FredHayek

Conservative Voice wrote: A heart attack waiting to happen.

Multiple hearts attacks didn't seem to slow down Cheney, supposedly the true President from 2001 to 2008.

Anyone seen Cheney lately? He is almost unrecognizable.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

05 Oct 2011 11:13 #6 by mittra303

SS109 wrote: Multiple hearts attacks didn't seem to slow down Cheney, supposedly the true President from 2001 to 2008.

Anyone seen Cheney lately? He is almost unrecognizable.

In fact, he no longer has a pulse.

No, seriously, he's living without a heartbeat these days thanks to medical science.

05 Oct 2011 11:52 #7 by Wayne Harrison

mittra303 wrote: I don't necessarily agree with Christie's positions or politics, but definitely don't think he should have let his weight be a deciding factor in whether or not he ran.

Me either and I wasn't implying that. I was only stating the obvious.

Six weeks later, the New Jersey governor was briefly hospitalized for asthma — a condition that he has had for most of his life. Researchers say that many respiratory problems, including asthma, are worsened by obesity.

As he left the hospital, Christie acknowledged the connection. He described himself as “relatively healthy by all objective indicators,” but added that “if I weighed less, I’d be healthier.”

“The weight exacerbates everything,” he said.

And it does. According to the National Institutes of Health, obesity puts people at greater risk for Type 2 diabetes, coronary heart disease and stroke, certain types of cancer, sleep apnea, osteoarthritis, and gallbladder and liver disease.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/ ... story.html

Given the pressure that being president brings and knowing how that pressure can affect the health, I'd hope if Christie runs he'd have a very capable vice-president (an anti-Biden) at his side.

05 Oct 2011 12:43 #8 by Grady
Our current president is sucking in carcinogens and other poisons every day with his smoking addiction.

05 Oct 2011 13:05 #9 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Gov. Chris Christie’s Weight
Being overweight seems to be the last true acceptable prejudice. When you spend your life working hard for others sometimes the imbalance shows up somewhere else. Some people have bad metabolisms and if they don't eat perfectly they may gain weight. When you have a high stress job it can creep up on you. How awful is that. Of course I have to say Michael Moore has had those same things said about him. Jeez, when you have so many other things to use using weight is unfair.

05 Oct 2011 13:07 #10 by Kate
Replied by Kate on topic Gov. Chris Christie’s Weight

Grady wrote: Our current president is sucking in carcinogens and other poisons every day with his smoking addiction.

He quit this past February.

Barack Obama quits smoking after 30 years
Barack Obama has quit his 30-year cigarette habit after numerous failed attempts because he wants to be able to tell daughters he does not smoke, according to his wife Michelle.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... years.html

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds