Obama Legalizes Horse Slaughter for Human Consumption

30 Nov 2011 07:57 #1 by The Viking
Any thoughts on this? Obama signed this less than two weeks ago and I never saw anything about it on the news.

http://technorati.com/lifestyle/article ... for-human/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Nov 2011 08:02 #2 by znovkovic
Funny that it is filed under "lifestyle"? I wonder what else is under H2112 and it simply may have been swept with this legislation. Could it end up being the other white meat :pop

30 Nov 2011 08:06 #3 by znovkovic

30 Nov 2011 08:07 #4 by Reverend Revelant

The Viking wrote: Any thoughts on this? Obama signed this less than two weeks ago and I never saw anything about it on the news.

http://technorati.com/lifestyle/article ... for-human/

It's about time we catch up with the rest of the world. This is going to piss PETA off... wee!

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

30 Nov 2011 08:11 #5 by Rick
If we are forced to continue liberal economic policies, we may be eating cats and dogs too. Pass the soy sauce please.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

30 Nov 2011 08:17 #6 by znovkovic
yes and don't forget to mix with tofu....

30 Nov 2011 08:19 #7 by FredHayek
I don't have an issue with this, more cultural than anything else.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

30 Nov 2011 09:24 #8 by BearMtnHIB

LLIB wrote: If we are forced to continue liberal economic policies, we may be eating cats and dogs too. Pass the soy sauce please.

Exactly- a few more years of Obama- and we will be in a depression and happy to be eating horse. In fact during the depression many indeed did eat horse.

My favorite line on this subject is about 20 seconds into this movie clip- "I slaughtered this horse last tuesday- I'm afraid she's startin to turn". Cracks me up everytime I see it.
[youtube:3hrtxp5s]
[/youtube:3hrtxp5s]

30 Nov 2011 11:47 #9 by The Boss
No issues as long as I am not mandated to eat it.

Consumers can still choose. Certainly don't want some group far away telling me what nonhuman meat I am allowed to eat.

I bet many of us have eaten horse and not known it. Have you ever had a burger and notice you had a little extra giddy-up?

To be fair, didn't Obama do this in cooperation with the Legislature in the traditional manner (remember the cartoon)? Perhaps a better title should be "Obama approves of Congress's Horse Slaughter for Human Consumption plan"?

30 Nov 2011 11:52 #10 by Kate
Interesting that the article assigns the responsibility of the bill to the President, yet doesn't do the same to Congress, which wrote and passed the bill.

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds