Poll: Do You Miss George W?

07 Jul 2010 15:23 #11 by Tilt
Replied by Tilt on topic Poll: Do You Miss George W?
W??---And I thought "C" ran the country

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Jul 2010 15:57 #12 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Poll: Do You Miss George W?
Days Until Barack Obama is Out of Office

07 Jul 2010 16:03 #13 by archer
Replied by archer on topic Poll: Do You Miss George W?

Becky wrote: 928
Days Until Barack Obama is Out of Office

Yeah, I remember saying that about GW....then it didn't happen and we had to start the count all over again.

07 Jul 2010 16:15 #14 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Poll: Do You Miss George W?
darn that vote!

07 Jul 2010 16:24 #15 by PrintSmith

LopingAlong wrote: That's the thing--you end up having to vote in the lesser of two evils. I wish the whole two party system would just go away and the things that matter would be what people based their vote on. Instead, I see those who align themselves with "their" party so tightly that they can't even begin to look at the possibility that the "other side" might have something to offer that is better. Or maybe I'd be ok if at least the registered Independents could vote in the Primaries for whomever they chose. Who do I talk to about that? :)

You can register with one of the parties up until July 10th (IIRC) if you wish to have a say in the primary elections. No reason a party that you are not a member of should allow you to pick the candidate for that party, is there?

Myself, I'm thinking of changing my registration to the Democrats for the primary so I can vote for Bennet. I think I owe it to the conservative cause to ensure that the weakest Democrat is chosen for the fall elections...............

07 Jul 2010 16:38 #16 by Hoot Owl

PrintSmith wrote:
Myself, I'm thinking of changing my registration to the Democrats for the primary so I can vote for Bennet. I think I owe it to the conservative cause to ensure that the weakest Democrat is chosen for the fall elections...............

Really? Why not promote the best candidate instead of the worst? That Karma thing might bite you in the butt. If Bennet gets elected, we will remind you that you put him on the ballot. Ridiculous machinations to get what you want

07 Jul 2010 16:40 #17 by archer
Replied by archer on topic Poll: Do You Miss George W?

Hoot Owl wrote:

PrintSmith wrote:

Really? Why not promote the best candidate instead of the worst? That Karma thing might bite you in the butt. If Bennet gets elected, we will remind you that you put him on the ballot. Ridiculous machinations to get what you want

Because it isn't about getting the best possible senator....it's about sticking it to the other party. Until this country looks past party to individuals, this kind of thinking by voters will prevail.

07 Jul 2010 16:47 #18 by Hoot Owl
Well that seems to be working well, doesn't it?

07 Jul 2010 17:09 #19 by LopingAlong

archer wrote:

Hoot Owl wrote:

PrintSmith wrote:

Because it isn't about getting the best possible senator....it's about sticking it to the other party. Until this country looks past party to individuals, this kind of thinking by voters will prevail.

Thank you, Archer!
This is my point exactly. It's like we are voting based on sports team mentality. "I'm on the red team and our team is better than the blue team" and Vice versa.

In reality, the two party system promotes this ignorant sheep-herd mentality better than anything else. Most people are too lazy (or too ignorant) IMO to make up their own minds. It's easier to say that we are on Team A and therefore will do what the Team A people tell us to do. NO need to think, to decide what we like. We figure we've signed up for the team because we like their symbolic meaning and so no need for any further thought. Just follow the herd, do as the team coach says we should, carry on. Until that changes, this idiotic pattern will continue and just get worse.

07 Jul 2010 17:10 #20 by PrintSmith

archer wrote:

Hoot Owl wrote:

PrintSmith wrote:

Ah, but it is about getting the best possible Senator. IMNTBHO either Buck or Norton would be a better choice than Bennet or Romanoff. Thus the chances of getting the best possible Senator are enhanced when the weaker of the two potential candidates they could be facing is the one that they end up facing. If Bennet does win the primary and the fall election and is returned to Washington for another 6 years where he has the opportunity to visit more harm upon the nation than he did with his deciding vote for cloture on "Health Care Reform" it will be because so many Democrats voted for a member of their party instead of the best possible Senator.........

Time to create page: 0.139 seconds