Poll: Do You Miss George W?

07 Jul 2010 07:35 #1 by Wayne Harrison
George W. Bush left office 1 Year 5 Months 16 Days 21 Hours 33 Minutes and 16 Seconds ago.

There's a poll you can participate in on this page (WeMissW.com) but I don't think it's turning out as the producers of the poll expected:

http://wemissw.com/all

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Jul 2010 08:02 #2 by FredHayek
"W" spent way too much, but I still prefer him over Obama who spends even more and gets less results.
Maybe the rest of the stimulus money should actually go out in checks to the American people. Would seem to spread the money out better than just goverment workers and over priced infrastructure union jobs.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

07 Jul 2010 09:58 #3 by ufda king
Wayne, thanks for the liberal website! I see many liberal moonbats on the poll. Liberals can't seem to understand that Nobama is worthless. Nov will say a lot, and you lib's will spin like we have never seen before.

07 Jul 2010 10:22 #4 by PrintSmith
I am hard pressed to remember any president, outside of perhaps Jack Kennedy and Ronald Reagan, that was missed by the majority of the populace within a short period of leaving office. The people missed FDR so much they enacted an amendment to the Constitution to ensure that never again could the chief executive of our nation even come close to becoming a dictator like FDR.

07 Jul 2010 10:37 #5 by LopingAlong
W was a huge wart on America's backside. To even think of missing the idiot is appalling. I have Never been so excited to see a President leave. Personally, I thought he was the worst of the worst and Reagan had always held that endearment in my heart. Then, I thought W was the eqivelent of the anti-Christ. Surely, no one could be worse. And then, Palin came along as a possible VP--were they serious?? She would absolutely take the cake for me.

So, do I miss the baboon who couldn't think his way out of a paper sack? ...No. Not so much.

07 Jul 2010 10:44 #6 by FredHayek
And Obama seems to think too much. Imagine if "W" had taken so long before with Katrina as Obama did doing something about the oil spill.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

07 Jul 2010 10:51 #7 by archer
Replied by archer on topic Poll: Do You Miss George W?

SS109 wrote: And Obama seems to think too much. Imagine if "W" had taken so long before with Katrina as Obama did doing something about the oil spill.

apples/oranges.....the governemnt had ample warning about Katrina.....but still chose to wait and see, and was woefully unprepared to handle it. The oil spill came with no warning.....and there was a corporation involved that SHOULD have had a plan in place to handle such a spill.....but they too were unprepared to handle the catastrophy so the government had to step in.....

If you want to make disaster comparisons compare GW to BP....not to Obama, this spill SHOULD have been BP's responsibility, Katrina WAS our government's responsibility.

07 Jul 2010 11:18 #8 by pineinthegrass

archer wrote: If you want to make disaster comparisons compare GW to BP....not to Obama, this spill SHOULD have been BP's responsibility, Katrina WAS our government's responsibility.

What? BP caused the oil spill. Your comparision implies Bush caused Katrina.

Oh, back to the topic. No, I don't miss George Bush.

07 Jul 2010 11:43 #9 by archer
Replied by archer on topic Poll: Do You Miss George W?

pineinthegrass wrote:

archer wrote: If you want to make disaster comparisons compare GW to BP....not to Obama, this spill SHOULD have been BP's responsibility, Katrina WAS our government's responsibility.

What? BP caused the oil spill. Your comparision implies Bush caused Katrina.

Oh, back to the topic. No, I don't miss George Bush.

My comparison does not imply Bush caused Katrina, how you got that I have no idea. We were talking responses, and who should have had the response plan for each disaster. The gov't for Katrina (Mother nature caused that disaster, and I doubt anyone expected her to step up to the plate on the recovery). BP should have had a response for the oil spill.

back on topic.....I don't miss GW either, nor do I miss most previous presidents.

07 Jul 2010 12:49 #10 by LopingAlong
That's the thing--you end up having to vote in the lesser of two evils. I wish the whole two party system would just go away and the things that matter would be what people based their vote on. Instead, I see those who align themselves with "their" party so tightly that they can't even begin to look at the possibility that the "other side" might have something to offer that is better. Or maybe I'd be ok if at least the registered Independents could vote in the Primaries for whomever they chose. Who do I talk to about that? :)

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds