Green Activists Trash Park on Earth Day

26 Apr 2012 13:05 #11 by Soulshiner
According to the parks website, http://www.doloresparkworks.org/2012/04/earth-day-picnic-sunday/ , the Earth Day celebration in Dolores Park was on Sunday and they actually cleaned up the mess, http://missionlocal.org/2012/04/earth-day-celebration-at-dolores-park/ . Sounds like that park has no trash cans and trash is an ongoing problem there.

There was no Earth Day celebration on Saturday there. Just people trashing the park on a normal day.

It's wrong for people to trash a park, but this story is completely misleading. Good thing the Earth Day celebration on Sunday cleaned up the mess.

I guess I'll go with the local and official websites instead of the stir up the base websites myself.

And if you read those websites, none of them say that the trash came from an Earth Day celebration. The trash was left on Earth Day, but not from a celebration. People do use those parks everyday, doesn't make them Earth Day celebrators. Neither the Fox or Huffington web stories say that Earth Day celebrations are responsible for the trash, they both say that the parks were cleaned on Sunday, the day of the OFFICIAL Earth Day celebrations. Show us where it says on either site that "Earth Day celebrators DID trash the place.".

When you plant ice you're going to harvest wind. - Robert Hunter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Apr 2012 13:10 #12 by archer
It doesn't matter to them SS.....one conservative has already admitted on another thread that the right have no morals, or scruples, about lying, cheating, or just plain making stuff up.

26 Apr 2012 14:09 #13 by Rick

archer wrote: It doesn't matter to them SS.....one conservative has already admitted on another thread that the right have no morals, or scruples, about lying, cheating, or just plain making stuff up.

Meaning ALL conservatives?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

26 Apr 2012 14:13 #14 by archer

CritiKalbILL wrote:

archer wrote: It doesn't matter to them SS.....one conservative has already admitted on another thread that the right have no morals, or scruples, about lying, cheating, or just plain making stuff up.

Meaning ALL conservatives?

did I say all conservatives?

26 Apr 2012 14:31 #15 by Rick
When you say "them", I'm assuming you mean more than one...and around here the broad brushers usually imply ALL. Sorry if that's not what you meant.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

26 Apr 2012 14:35 #16 by Photo-fish

CritiKalbILL wrote: around here the broad brushers usually imply ALL.

Kind of like when folks assume that if you are a greeny or treehugger or attend an Earth Day celebration you must also be a liberal?

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

26 Apr 2012 14:40 #17 by archer

CritiKalbILL wrote: When you say "them", I'm assuming you mean more than one...and around here the broad brushers usually imply ALL. Sorry if that's not what you meant.

You would have to ask PrintSmith if he meant ALL conservatives when he posted

The right is fine with hyperbole, we think it adds to the discourse and reveals how one truly feels about their opponents in the political arena, but we will insist that those who disagree maintain the standard they want imposed.

26 Apr 2012 21:17 #18 by Rick

Photo-fish wrote:

CritiKalbILL wrote: around here the broad brushers usually imply ALL.

Kind of like when folks assume that if you are a greeny or treehugger or attend an Earth Day celebration you must also be a liberal?

And who said that?

George Orwell

26 Apr 2012 21:36 #19 by Rick

archer wrote:

CritiKalbILL wrote: When you say "them", I'm assuming you mean more than one...and around here the broad brushers usually imply ALL. Sorry if that's not what you meant.

You would have to ask PrintSmith if he meant ALL conservatives when he posted

The right is fine with hyperbole, we think it adds to the discourse and reveals how one truly feels about their opponents in the political arena, but we will insist that those who disagree maintain the standard they want imposed.

Again, maybe I should make it a litttle more clear. Like yourself, I am an individual with my own individual beliefs. While I may call myself a conservative, I fit into very few molds that SOME liberals may BELIEVE I fit in. And if PS makes a statement, that doesn't me I agree with it unless I say :yeahthat: or something similar.

Even more than repetitive nasty insults, I really hate it when people assume to know where I stand on a given issue just because they think all conservatives think alike. I guarantee you'd be surprised to find out what I'm like in real life...what I've done, who I've helped, and especially the people I hang out with.

George Orwell

26 Apr 2012 21:40 #20 by LadyJazzer
Boy, the Righties are getting their chops busted today... First their standard "Obama Apology Tour" garbage gets blown all to hell, and now their fake story about Earth Day gets blown for the crap that it is; then their "campaign finance" crap gets blown all to hell... SUX to be you, don't it, Righties... :lol:

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds