Green Activists Trash Park on Earth Day

25 Apr 2012 21:20 #1 by otisptoadwater

Via Huffington Post:

San Francisco may be the greenest city in the nation, but some residents have a funny way of showing their appreciation.

Read more: http://nation.foxnews.com/earth-day/2012/04/24/green-activists-trash-park-earth-day#ixzz1t749aoEc

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Apr 2012 21:23 #2 by Residenttroll returns
rofllol rofllol

I am sure they hired a green certified refuse removal company and paid for some carbon offsets too.

25 Apr 2012 22:58 #3 by MWMGROUP
Treehuggers are such hypocrites!

25 Apr 2012 23:42 #4 by Blazer Bob
Stark contrast from the Tea Party.

26 Apr 2012 00:22 #5 by archer
And then there is the "rest of the story"

SFist's photos of a messier-than-usual aftermath at Fort Mason last Saturday got the right wingers frothing at the mouth, apparently. After the story was picked up by the Huffington Post, conservative bloggers from the Gateway Pundit and Fox Nation seized the opportunity to repurpose a couple photos along with an entirely fabricated story pinning the blame on Earth Day partiers and "Green Activists."

To set the record straight here, the people partying on Fort Mason Green last Saturday would hardly identify themselves as part of any particular group that promoted anything other than getting drunk on cheap beer. There was no organized Earth Day celebration, and (perhaps more to the point) the partying occurred on April 21st. Which would be the day before Earth Day, for those keeping score at home.

http://sfist.com/2012/04/24/fox_nation_ ... franci.php

26 Apr 2012 06:50 #6 by Photo-fish
Way to kill a (duplicate) thread with the real story Archer. :wink:

Since the story is obviuosly a pile of crap, why would Fox News feel the need to dump on a conservationist movement like Earth Day? Is Earth Day now a partisan issue?

For those of you screaming about greenies and tree huggers, have you EVER attended an Earth Day event? What would you label groups like Trout Unlimited or Jefferson Conservation District?

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

26 Apr 2012 07:15 #7 by Residenttroll returns
Question....why didn't the Earth Day folks pick up after them?

26 Apr 2012 08:27 #8 by Photo-fish

residenttroll wrote: Question....why didn't the Earth Day folks pick up after them?

They did. That next morning prior to the Earth Day activities.
http://missionlocal.org/2012/04/earth-day-celebration-at-dolores-park/

But you have absolutely nothing to say about the complete fabrication of this story by the media?

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

26 Apr 2012 10:06 #9 by FredHayek
Actually I have heard two differing excuse spinning stories so I am very sceptical that either one is accurate.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

26 Apr 2012 11:21 #10 by Rick
Well then at least we can chalk the Huffrag up as a faux news site that only flaming dumba$$ liberals could believe.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds