Noam Chomsky to RT: Bush torturer, Obama just kills

17 May 2012 21:23 #1 by otisptoadwater
[youtube:2esc6to4]
[/youtube:2esc6to4]

Russian Television (RT) and Noam Chomsky are not my usual sources but, what does it say about Obama's administration when Noam Chomsky comes out against him?

Noam's speaking style makes watching paint dry seem fast paced and exciting, fast forward to around 4:40 to get to the meat of the topic.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 May 2012 21:46 #2 by archer
LOL....not your usual sources? You would walk through hell just to find one more negative story about Obama. Your obsession is getting tedious.

17 May 2012 22:48 #3 by Blazer Bob

archer wrote: You would walk through hell just to find one more negative story about Obama.

Apparently that will not be necessary when folks like Chomsky take issue.

17 May 2012 23:10 #4 by otisptoadwater

archer wrote: You would walk through hell just to find one more negative story about Obama.

Nah, I just did a couple of quick searches of the Internet and then sorted out a few that I found interesting from the hundreds of stories that come up every time I look.

Just out of curiosity, do you disagree with what Noam Chomsky has to say on this matter?

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

17 May 2012 23:47 #5 by archer
Since I couldn't run the video on the cell phone, I looked up Noam Chomsky, and read some of his opinions.....like anyone, he says some stuff I agree with, some stuff I don't. I wasn't commenting his opinion, but on the prolific number of "hate Obama" posts you put out in a week, one right after another....often without any discussion by you. They just seem designed to flood this board with anti-Obama threads and bait the liberals. It is tedious, or did I already say that.

18 May 2012 00:59 #6 by Reverend Revelant

archer wrote: They just seem designed to flood this board with anti-Obama threads and bait the liberals.

Appears to be working... if your inane postings and frequency of commenting is any measure.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

18 May 2012 07:31 #7 by Rick

archer wrote: . They just seem designed to flood this board with anti-Obama threads and bait the liberals. It is tedious, or did I already say that.

Why the outrage? You comment on LJ's inane posts all the time that really have nothing of significant value to our lives. It's just a game of who can piss off who and you are a williing paticipant as well....deny it and I'll post the evidence.

So if you object to posts you belive are trolling on our side, don't consistently back the troll on your side (or just accept the game and move along).

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

18 May 2012 12:36 #8 by Whatevergreen

archer wrote: LOL....not your usual sources? You would walk through hell just to find one more negative story about Obama. Your obsession is getting tedious.

I have lost a bit of respect for Otis within the past few weeks. Answering his own posts when nobody else does and the constant false attack threads. He is slowly becoming the "DP" of 285bound. It is quite sad to witness. I think it will be hard to gain back the credibility that has been lost. IMHO

18 May 2012 13:44 #9 by Reverend Revelant

Whatevergreen wrote:

archer wrote: LOL....not your usual sources? You would walk through hell just to find one more negative story about Obama. Your obsession is getting tedious.

I have lost a bit of respect for Otis within the past few weeks. Answering his own posts when nobody else does and the constant false attack threads. He is slowly becoming the "DP" of 285bound. It is quite sad to witness. I think it will be hard to gain back the credibility that has been lost. IMHO

First off... I don't see him answering his own comments... at least not in this thread. And what if he does? I frequently come up with something I want to add to the what I first posted, even sometimes before anyone else has made a comment... and I add the information. What's wrong with that? And if you feel that his postings are "false attack threads" then why don't you contribute something to rebut what he has posted... or is it just easier for you to bitch and complain and not add anything to the conversation? It's quite sad.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

18 May 2012 15:18 #10 by otisptoadwater

Whatevergreen wrote:

So you're going to guilt me into not posting anti-Obama information? Get in line, plenty of people don't like me or my opinion and that's fine with me.

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds