And you wonder why...

16 Jul 2010 20:24 #21 by dada
Replied by dada on topic And you wonder why...

Rockdoc Franz wrote:

Vice Lord wrote:

SS109 wrote: VL,
Do you honestly think that if we roll over to the Islamic fundamentalists they will stop attacking us?
And how far does this rollover go? Not let our women drive? Cover them up? Don't allow Muslims to switch religions?

No...Nothing like that...They don't care about that- Thats right up there with "they hate us for our freedoms"

We need quit blindly supporting Israel and quit trying to control the wealth, resources and politics of smaller weaker countries in the middle east...

Thats it

Most of us fail to understand the struggle between Palestinians and Jews. Living in the ME for ten years and then working intermittently here for another ten years has given me a clearer perspective. Isreal's actions are often deplorable. Their preemptive strikes are more often nothing more than an excuse to beat back the Palestinians throwing rocks with enormous firepower. It's typical bullying tactics. What gets lost in the shuffle is that the Palestinians actually occupied the "Isreal" long before the Jews. They have every right to live there, to have their own state, but no, Isreal will not allow it because of a perceived threat to their very existence. Isreal has many US leaders in her pockets and that is why there is a blind eye turned by us when the rest of the world decries Isreal's wrong doings. It is shameful and a central problem to our relationships with Arabs throughout the Middle East.

I agree with you on the treatment of Palestinians and the situation on the Gaza strip. And, yes the Palestinians were there before the Jews came BACK after wwII, but Israel is the land of the Israelis since 3000, BCE scholars for the most part agree, (i.e. Jerusalem).
Is Israel resorting to bad tactics, sure, but they are surrounded by intolerance, and Zion was a haven from all the intolerance against the Jews since way back in the day. Israel has every right to exist and insure it's existence, there needs to be a solution to the Gaza strip situation, frankly there needs to be a Palestinian state coexisting with Israel, but neither Fatah or Hamas will do that, and both are so backwards they fight each other before they fight Israel, Don't forget Egypt, Iran, Syria, Lebanon and every other Israeli head hunter they are surrounded by. Don't get me wrong, I agree Israel needs to tone down on Barbaric acts, but with no solution what are they to do

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Jul 2010 21:01 #22 by serenity
Replied by serenity on topic And you wonder why...
Thank you, dada, for saying what I could not.

To err is human, to forgive is canine~

16 Jul 2010 21:14 #23 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic And you wonder why...
Israel has every right to exist and insure it's existence, (Really? do you know we just created it on arab land after WW2- Just stole the land and created a country?)there needs to be a solution to the Gaza strip situation, frankly there needs to be a Palestinian state coexisting with Israel, (Yeah that might be a good idea since it's THIER LAND!) but neither Fatah or Hamas will do that, and both are so backwards (So backwards?- Yeah they're just all crazy- thats the problem) they fight each other before they fight Israel, Don't forget Egypt, Iran, Syria, Lebanon and every other Israeli head hunter they are surrounded by. Don't get me wrong, I agree Israel needs to tone down on Barbaric acts, but with no solution what are they to do

Ah, maybe stop stealing land and killing arabs...You're not the smartest pencil in the box are you dada?

16 Jul 2010 21:27 #24 by dada

serenity wrote: Thank you, dada, for saying what I could not.

Cheers, it's not that I am 100 pro supportive of Israeli actions, but Israel is defined by it's history associated with Judaism, and Jews are not just an Israeli community they are a world wide community, and yet those not in Israel still have an affinity with their homeland. I don't think it's that Israel has them all in their pockets as much as the fact that Judaism is a strong community across the international political landscape and practically all Jewish religious folk and even secular have an affinity with Israel.
Tolerance is the key, until the ME tolerates the Judaic right to self existence and recognizes Israel as a state, violence will continue (Jerusalem itself should be managed by and open to Jews, Muslims, Druz, and Christians, as it is holy to all of them, such management would not require Israel to loosen any hold on her sovereignty)

16 Jul 2010 21:33 #25 by serenity
Replied by serenity on topic And you wonder why...
VL - I notice you simply glossed over dada's mention of: but Israel is the land of the Israelis since 3000, BCE scholars for the most part agree, (i.e. Jerusalem).

Good night all until the morrow :thumbsup:

To err is human, to forgive is canine~

16 Jul 2010 21:37 #26 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic And you wonder why...

serenity wrote: VL - I notice you simply glossed over dada's mention of: but Israel is the land of the Israelis since 3000, BCE scholars for the most part agree, (i.e. Jerusalem).

And everyone agrees that Indians own your land...

16 Jul 2010 21:42 #27 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic And you wonder why...
Wait a minute, I don't agree that anyone else owns my land!

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

16 Jul 2010 21:44 #28 by dada

Vice Lord wrote: Israel has every right to exist and insure it's existence, (Really? do you know we just created it on arab land after WW2- Just stole the land and created a country?)there needs to be a solution to the Gaza strip situation, frankly there needs to be a Palestinian state coexisting with Israel, (Yeah that might be a good idea since it's THIER LAND!) but neither Fatah or Hamas will do that, and both are so backwards (So backwards?- Yeah they're just all crazy- thats the problem) they fight each other before they fight Israel, Don't forget Egypt, Iran, Syria, Lebanon and every other Israeli head hunter they are surrounded by. Don't get me wrong, I agree Israel needs to tone down on Barbaric acts, but with no solution what are they to do

Ah, maybe stop stealing land and killing arabs...You're not the smartest pencil in the box are you dada?

Thank You for deriding my character over an issue which you seem to have no grasp of. Yes Israel as a MODERN state has existed since the end of WWII. Have you ever read the Christian Bible's old testament, the near equivalent in Judaism is the Torah. Speaking from a scholarly point of view history has clearly shown proof of the existence of the Jews and their ordeal explained in the Torah. Exaggerated, most likely, history nonetheless, yes. Israel was originally known as Canaan the land of the Canaanites which again has been shown archaeologically to have existed along side Egypt and various cultures histories confirm this. When the Jews were "given" the land of Canaan after the 40 years in the desert (perhaps you remember this story now), It was known as the land of Israel, the 12 tribes (familiar yet), Then the Babylonians conquered and dispersed the Jews (they call this a Diaspora, FYI) in the 6th century, the Persians (FYI, now Iran) and Cyrus the great allowed the Jews to return to Jerusalem and they built the Temple a second time, until the Romans again conquered Israel in 333. From 333-till the end of WWII the Jews were exiled from THEIR homeland
(by the way Judaism dates to roughly 3-1000 BCE, Islam and Muhammad didn't even come until after Christianity in the 6th century CE and obviously Christianity dates to 0 AD (anno domini: in the year of our lord, scholars use CE and BCE: common era and before common era)
The Jews were dispersed and seeking a return to their own land (Zionism, perhaps you've heard of this), after Hitler killed 1/3 of them, they finally got their land back. So, I'm sorry dude, but the Israeli's and Jews have a history in the very same day modern Israel dating back way before Islam even existed, do me a favor and pick up a f**king history book, ignorance is a bane to your existence.

Time to create page: 0.136 seconds