Favorite President & Why?

17 Jul 2010 10:07 #21 by outdoor338
Wayne :yeahthat:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Jul 2010 10:16 - 17 Jul 2010 16:14 #22 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Favorite President & Why?
You guys are easily impressed...George Bush in flight suit got you all excited

17 Jul 2010 12:24 #23 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Favorite President & Why?

Vice Lord wrote:

major bean wrote: Theodore Roosevelt. He was the puppet of no man. He found the right balance between big business and the worker. Had enough foresight to establish the national parks. After he lost his son in war he was open minded enough to reconsider a life-long belief in the glory of soldiering.

He was a sickly bespectacled kid that overcompensated when he grew up..A typical republican...All fluff, no substance. You know how you "guys" saw George Bush Jr as a tough guy? All it took was a few posed pictures of him clearing wood with his sleeves rolled up and you thought he was John Wayne..A few pictures of Teddy in a military costume on a horse, or him shooting Elephants in Africa and you closet queens get all excited....

So easily minipulated

The modern Republican & Democrat platforms changed during the Great Depression. Teddy Roosevelt was a major trust/corporate/monopolybuster and conservationist.

Before FDR, blacks voted for Republicans and Dems were the party of racists.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

17 Jul 2010 16:13 #24 by UNDER MODERATION

SS109 wrote:

Vice Lord wrote:

major bean wrote: Theodore Roosevelt. He was the puppet of no man. He found the right balance between big business and the worker. Had enough foresight to establish the national parks. After he lost his son in war he was open minded enough to reconsider a life-long belief in the glory of soldiering.

He was a sickly bespectacled kid that overcompensated when he grew up..A typical republican...All fluff, no substance. You know how you "guys" saw George Bush Jr as a tough guy? All it took was a few posed pictures of him clearing wood with his sleeves rolled up and you thought he was John Wayne..A few pictures of Teddy in a military costume on a horse, or him shooting Elephants in Africa and you closet queens get all excited....

So easily minipulated

The modern Republican & Democrat platforms changed during the Great Depression. Teddy Roosevelt was a major trust/corporate/monopolybuster and conservationist.

Before FDR, blacks voted for Republicans and Dems were the party of racists.

Funny how it completlty flip flops like that....

17 Jul 2010 16:29 #25 by Wayne Harrison
Exactly WHEN are you leaving VL? Or did ou change your mind.

17 Jul 2010 17:43 #26 by UNDER MODERATION

Wayne Harrison wrote: Exactly WHEN are you leaving VL? Or did ou change your mind.

Tonight will probably be it..I have 2 people to notify and they haven't logged on in the last few days...

17 Jul 2010 19:57 #27 by benri
Replied by benri on topic Favorite President & Why?
Hi --Here is the heresy post.... I vote Jimmy Carter...he inherited one of the many Republican messes and did a good job in a difficult time and probably won't be recognized for it in our lifetimes. He directly addressed our dependency on oil...the a$$holes in congress didn't do anything because they are all paid off. BP? no surprise.

As past Prez he wins hands down in my book for all his humanitarian efforts.

'Globalization, as defined by rich people like us, is a very nice thing... you are talking about the Internet, you are talking about cell phones, you are talking about computers. This doesn't affect two-thirds of the people of the world' - Jimmy Carter

Please don't go VL. I know you were waiting for me to post.

17 Jul 2010 20:04 #28 by UNDER MODERATION

benri wrote: Hi --Here is the heresy post.... I vote Jimmy Carter...he inherited one of the many Republican messes and did a good job in a difficult time and probably won't be recognized for it in our lifetimes. He directly addressed our dependency on oil...the a$$holes in congress didn't do anything because they are all paid off. BP? no surprise.

As past Prez he wins hands down in my book for all his humanitarian efforts.

'Globalization, as defined by rich people like us, is a very nice thing... you are talking about the Internet, you are talking about cell phones, you are talking about computers. This doesn't affect two-thirds of the people of the world' - Jimmy Carter

Please don't go VL. I know you were waiting for me to post.

Oh thanks..I like Carter too- He tried to go against the big money interests and for that he was demonized. I think thats why Obama isn't doing too much, he knows he can't beat these guys.

17 Jul 2010 20:13 #29 by benri
Replied by benri on topic Favorite President & Why?
Agreed, there are some definite similarities between Carter & Obama and the shared "demonization". Their hands were & are tied when it came to enacting long term change. Who can beat these guys???? or are we all just puppets?

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds