Pres Obama's spending binge......

25 May 2012 13:00 #31 by Reverend Revelant

archer wrote: she's wrong, pure and simple. Unlike our conservative friends here, we liberals do not walk in lockstep with every democrat. Case in point.....all the slamming of Romney by some conservatives here stopped the moment they realized he was going to be their nominee, now he can do no wrong. Conservatives.....thy name is hypocrisy.

So... simple question. If you didn't like the Democratic nominee... you wouldn't vote for him/her?

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 May 2012 13:04 #32 by BearMtnHIB

LadyJazzer wrote: Well, then we should start by leaving the military budget cuts THAT WERE ALREADY AGREED TO in place; getting rid of the $4-Billion/year subsidies to the oil companies; increasing the tax-rates on those making over $250,000/year back to the pre-Bush rates of 39.6%; and taxing the income of the hedge-fund guys back to the same rates the rest of citizens pay instead of capital-gains rates; going after all of the millionaires who have been hiding their money in off-shore bank accounts, etc....

And since the two unnecessary wars were never paid for, we should start doing something about that.

Yep, we got screwed alright... It's time we put the GOP knuckle-draggers back in their place.

LJ- I'll go along with the military cuts- they need to cut military spending- I agree. We can get rid of the subsidies to the oil companies- they will just pass those costs on to the consumer (that's us). Actually I'm not aware of any subsidies that the oil companies get- the oil companies are the largest taxpayers in the USA- but if you say there's subsidies then fine- we can all pay a little more for gas. I'm for eliminating all subsidies anyway- that way the real costs of products are transparent.

But eliminating any subsidy is really just a tax increase.

Increasing tax rates on on those making over $250,000/year back to the pre-Bush rates of 39.6% or steal more of the income of the hedge-fund guys - this will just have a negative impact on the economy.

In fact- anytime you remove dollars from the private sector and shift it to government, you damage the economy- which results in less saving, spending and investing. It results in fewer jobs being created. The government will piss any ill-gotten gains away in the least efficient manner known to man.

And yes- we can start paying for the two unnecessary wars by cutting government spending down below what the current tax revenues bring in. That's how we can pay down the debt.

25 May 2012 13:21 #33 by archer

The Liberals GOP Twin wrote:

archer wrote: she's wrong, pure and simple. Unlike our conservative friends here, we liberals do not walk in lockstep with every democrat. Case in point.....all the slamming of Romney by some conservatives here stopped the moment they realized he was going to be their nominee, now he can do no wrong. Conservatives.....thy name is hypocrisy.

So... simple question. If you didn't like the Democratic nominee... you wouldn't vote for him/her?

yes.....I have not voted for the democrat nominee in the past.....I voted for Ross Perot over Bill Clinton.

25 May 2012 13:22 #34 by FredHayek

Poor reading comprehension? I haven't seen a lot of support for Romney, many more attacks on Obama. There is some defense of Romney when there are unfair charges against him. Like equating him with being an evil, immoral man when nearly every person who knows him or works with him finds him to be morally upstanding.

Just like the right tends to overblow how bad the Obama administration has been, I think there has been too much unfair characterization of Mitt.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

25 May 2012 13:28 #35 by Reverend Revelant

archer wrote:

yes.....I have not voted for the democrat nominee in the past.....I voted for Ross Perot over Bill Clinton.

Wow... I can't account for innate stupidity.

25 May 2012 13:37 #36 by archer

archer wrote:

You can't account for much of anything.....thanks for proving kate's point that your trolling, insulting posts do nothing to help attract people to this board.

25 May 2012 15:56 #37 by Reverend Revelant

archer wrote:

archer wrote:

You can't account for much of anything.....thanks for proving kate's point that your trolling, insulting posts do nothing to help attract people to this board.

Thanks for taking the bait Einstein :woo hoo:

25 May 2012 16:21 #38 by archer

archer wrote:

archer wrote:

:smurf:

25 May 2012 16:42 #39 by Kate

archer wrote:

archer wrote:

An admission of trolling from the Twin. Amazing.

Seriously, can you tone down your insults and baiting? It's almost as if you have nothing else to do but hang out on this board, waiting for liberals to post so you can jump on them. You're on here so much that I wonder if you are even employed.

If you want this board to die, keep doing what you're doing. I'm half a step out from leaving here because of you.

25 May 2012 16:54 #40 by Reverend Revelant

Kate wrote: An admission of trolling from the Twin. Amazing.

Seriously, can you tone down your insults and baiting? It's almost as if you have nothing else to do but hang out on this board, waiting for liberals to post so you can jump on them. You're on here so much that I wonder if you are even employed.

If you want this board to die, keep doing what you're doing. I'm half a step out from leaving here because of you.

Here we go with the insults again. JMC questioned my employment situation and whether I was nothing more than some kid sitting in my parents basement. I took him down a notch when I PM'ed him all my personal information. If you want, you're little Private Message box can contain all that info too? I have no probelm sending it to you.

I'll quite the witty chatter as soon as LJ does.

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds