The Limbaugh Statue

25 May 2012 16:37 #1 by Wallace Stegner

Missouri taxpayers footed the bill for security cameras to protect this statue, located in the Hall of Famous Missourians in Jefferson City.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 May 2012 16:45 #2 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic The Limbaugh Statue
Yes, I heard the taxpayers had to cough up $1,100 for security for the drug-ster...

25 May 2012 17:09 #3 by Reverend Revelant

LadyJazzer wrote: Yes, I heard the taxpayers had to cough up $1,100 for security for the drug-ster...

You mean like the 24 hours a day taxpayers cough up security for this drugster?

Obama's Hypocritical War on Marijuana

David Maraniss' book, Barack Obama: The Story, describes Obama as a marijuana enthusiast: "When a joint was making the rounds, he often elbowed his way in, out of turn, shouted 'Intercepted!' and took an extra hit," Maraniss writes. Maraniss also describes Obama's technique of "roof hits" while hot-boxing cars. "When the pot was gone, they tilted their heads back and sucked in the last bit of smoke from the ceiling," he writes. Obama has been less than shy about his drug use in the past, writing about the topic in Dreams from My Father, "Pot had helped, and booze; maybe a little blow when you could afford it," he writes in the memoir.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ethan-nad ... 46921.html

His high school year book and the dedication to all his pot smoking buddies.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

25 May 2012 17:23 #4 by Raees
Replied by Raees on topic The Limbaugh Statue
Why not show the whole entry?

50 Interesting facts about Barack Obama (2008)

http://dailycontributor.com/50-interest ... bama/1104/

25 May 2012 17:32 #5 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic The Limbaugh Statue
And that has WHAT to do, exactly, with the State of Missouri having to cough up money to protect that drug-using fat ba*tard on a private event over a statue?

Oh... I get it... When you don't have anything else, deflect, and put in "They did it too..." (Which I still don't see what it has to do with Limburger and his statue...)

25 May 2012 17:35 #6 by Reverend Revelant

Raees wrote: Why not show the whole entry?

50 Interesting facts about Barack Obama (2008)

http://dailycontributor.com/50-interest ... bama/1104/

Because that's the only image I had... thanks for the update... the crap on the desk makes a nice coda to his high fivin' pot smoking buddies.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

25 May 2012 18:10 #7 by Bard
Replied by Bard on topic The Limbaugh Statue
Presumably the cameras are for the whole hall, not just for that one statue. If that's a boondoggle, so is any museum.

25 May 2012 18:38 #8 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic The Limbaugh Statue
rofllol :rofl Outrageous.

LadyJazzer wrote: And that has WHAT to do, exactly, with the State of Missouri having to cough up money to protect that drug-using fat ba*tard on a private event over a statue?

Oh... I get it... When you don't have anything else, deflect, and put in "They did it too..." (Which I still don't see what it has to do with Limburger and his statue...)

25 May 2012 19:37 #9 by otisptoadwater
Replied by otisptoadwater on topic The Limbaugh Statue
What do you recon that much bronze goes for on the open market these days? Seeing that it is State property it makes sense that the State Gubment of Missouri would want to protect their property. The number of poor people have increased over the last three and a half years and it should come as no surprise that many have turned to thievery to try to provide for themselves and their families since there aren't many legitimate jobs available.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

25 May 2012 19:43 #10 by archer
Replied by archer on topic The Limbaugh Statue
Maybe they could put it outside and let the pigeons guard it.

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds