Hebrew NOT dogs......

19 Jun 2012 10:45 - 19 Jun 2012 11:56 #1 by bailey bud
Conagra - the owner of the Hebrew National hot dog brand - is being sued by a group of individuals that claim their hot dogs are NOT kosher......

So - I need to wonder ---- what's the basis? Is it emotional trauma?

Somehow - having a very hard time empathizing with this......

Sure - I avoid pork products, myself
but I'm not going to tear my shirt sleeve over this......

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Jun 2012 10:47 #2 by Reverend Revelant

bailey bud wrote: Conagra - the owner of the Hebrew hot dog brand - is being sued by a group of individuals that claim their hot dogs are NOT kosher......

So - I need to wonder ---- what's the basis? Is it emotional trauma?

Somehow - having a very hard time empathizing with this......

Sure - I avoid pork products, myself

but I'm not going to tear my shirt sleeve over this......

Are you talking about Hebrew Nation brand? I've never heard of Hebrew brand.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

19 Jun 2012 11:32 #3 by Valle Girl
Replied by Valle Girl on topic Hebrew NOT dogs......
You do know what Khalas means yes? Are you an Islamist or just being silly? It's the only reason I can see why your sarcasm [over a hotdog] is aimed at a very profound Jewish tradition. Otherwise why "waste time" on conagras pending problem over kosher or non-kosher hotdogs.

Kriah is a Hebrew word meaning "tearing." It refers to the act of tearing one's clothes or cutting a black ribbon worn on one's clothes. This rending is a striking expression of grief and anger at the loss of a loved one.

khalas - خلص "enough"

Be nice....and don't drink the :Koolaid:

19 Jun 2012 11:49 #4 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Hebrew NOT dogs......
Sausages need to be made with pork anyway. Beef hot dogs smell funny. As do chicken and turkey dogs.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

19 Jun 2012 12:04 #5 by bailey bud
Replied by bailey bud on topic Hebrew NOT dogs......
To be clear - I'm not a jihadist -- let alone a Muslim. Just tired of bull crap.

I'm being cynical
I would not be surprised to see a passionate, class-action lawsuit to recover for the emotional trauma of eating unclean hot dogs. Muslims might even join in the fun, since a halal diet is very similar to a kosher one.

I lived in Arabia 4 years ---- not long enough to be fluent --- but long enough to acquire a decent working vocabulary.

Khalas reflects my sentiments in general - of political processes/efforts (impatient would be a fair description).
(it's my signature line).

My boss used it a lot ---- especially when people around him got a little too bureaucratic.

Don't worry - my wording isn't aimed at you
it simply reflects my impatience with nonsense.

19 Jun 2012 12:28 #6 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Hebrew NOT dogs......
I read a story about a group of vegetarian Indians lving in America who were served meat by accident. they sued and part of the terms were a trip to a sacred Indian river to cleanse themselves.

In before all the organic foods that aren't really organic.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

19 Jun 2012 13:19 #7 by Valle Girl
Replied by Valle Girl on topic Hebrew NOT dogs......

bailey bud wrote: To be clear - I'm not a jihadist -- let alone a Muslim. Just tired of bull crap.

I'm being cynical

I would not be surprised to see a passionate, class-action lawsuit to recover for the emotional trauma of eating unclean hot dogs. Muslims might even join in the fun, since a halal diet is very similar to a kosher one.

Don't worry - my wording isn't aimed at you
it simply reflects my impatience with nonsense.

I totally empathize with your cynicism. I too am highly cynical about many things as it relates to the cultural and political climate in which we currently allow ourselves to live. Key words allow ourselves, .however, let’s make certain that we do not misinterpret what we are writing.

I never wrote the word/term jihadist or Muslim. Jihadist and Islamist are two very different terms one from the other. One can be a Muslim and not be a jihadist as one can be a Catholic and or Lutheran and not practice Christian living.

For the sake of other readers:
I asked if you were an Islamist; which can be one who supports the Islamic faith in all spheres of life, or one who has extensive knowledge, through study, of Islam. A reaction to your sarcasm toward a Jewish tradition.

A Jihadist; is a Muslim who is involved in a jihad [armed holy war or spiritual struggle against infidels or more simply a Muslim’s personal striving for spiritual self-perfection].

When we post about a ridiculous lawsuit against Conagra it gives the plaintiff more than just their 15 minutes, but on the other hand if there weren’t consumer advocates out their doing the dirty work, companies such as Conagra can put any damn thing they choose in their products and we ingest it. We really aren’t a very discerning society are we? It’s really a matter of producers being honest and not full of “bull crap.” This lawsuit is representative of the concept of defending the guilty in order to protect the innocent yes?

The things American manufacturers put in their ingestible products is the very reason why the U.S. imports more than we export. We shouldn’t be importing beef and steel and textiles, we should be exporting them.

But we want clean skies, no more coal burning factories, and so on and so on and so on…..very complex yes. I am very cynical and also tired of the “bull crap.” I hadn’t posted in more than a year but this one was just too delicious to pass up. My wording isn’t aimed at you either…honestly.

Have a wonderful day. I hope you are posting out on your deck in this wonderful sunshine ‘cuz’ I am, al-hamdu lillah.
Khalas...and all that!

19 Jun 2012 13:36 #8 by bailey bud
Replied by bailey bud on topic Hebrew NOT dogs......
I apologize if I appear to be mocking Judaism -- it's not my intent. Rather, I'm mocking drama and over-reaction (my Muslim friends are good at over-reacting, as well)

Not really an Islamist ---- At the same time, hardly an Islamaphobe.

My studies of Islamic texts is not exactly thorough (limited to the Quran, and the Hadiths of Sahih al-Bukhari ).

It's not my life-calling to be a Muslim. I'm simply literate - and modestly respectful.

19 Jun 2012 14:20 #9 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic Hebrew NOT dogs......
Just be consistent with the rest of the religious cranks and I am cool.
If one religion is nonsense then they are all nonsense.

19 Jun 2012 14:33 #10 by pineinthegrass
After reading all of this, I'm ready to poke my eye out...

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds