Military to continue sports spending

22 Jul 2012 06:44 #11 by FredHayek

navycpo7 wrote: Thats all fine and dandy, but if I had to make a choice between thr troops getting better weapons to defend themselves or putting a logo on a race car, choice is pretty easy for me. The problem I have is I am real tired of those that do not understand what the cuts to our military will really do. Most are about as clueless as beach sand. I am also tired of the military having to bear the cost, due to the lack of ability of Congress and the white house just to damn stupid to get their sh*) together and do their damn jobs. I hear nothing but lets cut our defense budget, lets cut this lets cut that, but defense will take the biggest hit. Don't hear those idiots up in Washington cutting their budgets, lets cut the 36 million that goes to the two convention for both parties, lets cut all the pork BS that those ON BOTH SIDES like to pull. Lets, cut congresses budget, reduce thier staff let them see how the real world is, like they are doing with the men and women in the military. Lets reduce the budget that each congress person gets to run thier offices, same for the white house admin and the supreme court, I AM DAMN TIRED OF THE MILITARY ALWAYS HAVING TO CARRY THE BRUT OF THE BS. It gets old real fast.

To make it fair, ieveryone in goverment should have their budget reduced by 5%.

Instead the military is facing mandatory cuts which I predict won't happen. The lame duck congress and senate will take care of this. (The losing congressman can get jobs with military contractors.)

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Jul 2012 10:09 #12 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Military to continue sports spending

navycpo7 wrote: Thats all fine and dandy, but if I had to make a choice between thr troops getting better weapons to defend themselves or putting a logo on a race car, choice is pretty easy for me. The problem I have is I am real tired of those that do not understand what the cuts to our military will really do. Most are about as clueless as beach sand. I am also tired of the military having to bear the cost, due to the lack of ability of Congress and the white house just to damn stupid to get their sh*) together and do their damn jobs. I hear nothing but lets cut our defense budget, lets cut this lets cut that, but defense will take the biggest hit. Don't hear those idiots up in Washington cutting their budgets, lets cut the 36 million that goes to the two convention for both parties, lets cut all the pork BS that those ON BOTH SIDES like to pull. Lets, cut congresses budget, reduce thier staff let them see how the real world is, like they are doing with the men and women in the military. Lets reduce the budget that each congress person gets to run thier offices, same for the white house admin and the supreme court, I AM DAMN TIRED OF THE MILITARY ALWAYS HAVING TO CARRY THE BRUT OF THE BS. It gets old real fast.

Oh youre getting sick of it huh? Who gives a sh!t? ALL OF OUR MONEY IS GOING TO DEFENSE AND SECURITY AND WE DON"T HAVE A FORMIDABLE ENEMY. Do you understand? You act like the country is under siege or something!? Defense should be like 3% of our budget. You have a home I pressume? You have to defend that right, what if most of your money went into just defending your home? Wouldn't you think that was crazy? Especially when there NOTHING TO BE AFRAID OF!

Wake the F up America, we are getting fleeced every year, year after year - WE HAVE NOTHING TO FEAR

22 Jul 2012 10:26 #13 by navycpo7

XXX wrote:

Oh youre getting sick of it huh? Who gives a sh!t? ALL OF OUR MONEY IS GOING TO DEFENSE AND SECURITY AND WE DON"T HAVE A FORMIDABLE ENEMY. Do you understand? You act like the country is under siege or something!? Defense should be like 3% of our budget. You have a home I pressume? You have to defend that right, what if most of your money went into just defending your home? Wouldn't you think that was crazy? Especially when there NOTHING TO BE AFRAID OF!

Wake the F up America, we are getting fleeced every year, year after year - WE HAVE NOTHING TO FEAR

Hey stupid, want to run your mouth as usual go to the ring version, tell all your stupid lies there. You need to get a clue first though and for you that is going to be extremely difficult. Wow 'ALL OF OUR MONEY IS GOING TO DEFENSE AND SECURITY" all of our money, and there is more of us that do give a sh() than don't so you are in the minority, because the rest of us do have a clue. The 3% percent is about the size of your IQ so it will definitly be more than that. Its people like you that want to give this country away, not going to happen. You also live in your little bubble without knowing whats going on in the real world. You don't like it here, leave, since you like to tell your little stories about your wordly travels, go visit and stay elsewhere.

22 Jul 2012 11:00 #14 by Arlen
The military also spends money with CBS, ABC, NBC, and Fox. You will also see their ads in newspapers, magazines, etc. The Pentagon advertises in venues where they would expect results.

22 Jul 2012 11:28 #15 by navycpo7
OK so I let myself go again, happens. So to all here except vl, sorry about that I will attempt to refrain and I will back off. Should have stayed with the advice of a shipmate and leave him on ignore.

22 Jul 2012 15:52 #16 by UNDER MODERATION

navycpo7 wrote: Hey stupid!!!!!! want to run your mouth as usual go to the ring version, tell all your stupid lies there. You need to get a clue first though and for you that is going to be extremely difficult. Wow 'ALL OF OUR MONEY IS GOING TO DEFENSE AND SECURITY" all of our money, and there is more of us that do give a sh() than don't so you are in the minority, because the rest of us do have a clue. The 3% percent is about the size of your IQ so it will definitly be more than that. Its people like you that want to give this country away, not going to happen. You also live in your little bubble without knowing whats going on in the real world. You don't like it here, leave, since you like to tell your little stories about your wordly travels, go visit and stay elsewhere.

Trying to read that was like doing homework or something..Tedious. I think what youre trying to say is that America has real threats, threats that require a trillion dollars in spending a year to combat, right?

Well I disagree-Who are we afraid of again NavyCop? We have nothing to fear, but fear itself you coward. Man up and quit being afraid, you're supposed to be an American!

22 Jul 2012 15:55 #17 by UNDER MODERATION

navycpo7 wrote: OK so I let myself go again, happens.

Don't you think I should get a little credit for your blown gasket NC?

22 Jul 2012 15:57 #18 by TPP

navycpo7 wrote:

Wallace Stegner wrote: If they can't cut this, there isn't much hope.

WASHINGTON -- NASCAR and bass fishing can count on the military to keep the sponsorship money coming.

A vote by the U.S. House of Representatives will allow NASCAR military sponsorships to continue.

The House voted Wednesday night to continue spending millions for the military to back sports to attract recruits for the all-volunteer force. On a vote of 216-202, the House rejected an amendment by Reps. Jack Kingston, R-Ga., and Betty McCollum, D-Minn., that would have trimmed $72.3 million for sports sponsorships from a $608 billion defense bill for fiscal 2013

http://espn.go.com/racing/story/_/id/8178681/house-rejects-amendment-defense

Here is another one of those items that should go away. Let the recruiters do thier jobs. We hear cut cut cut, yet they do something this stupid.

:thumbsup:

22 Jul 2012 16:04 #19 by TPP
And get RID of the GANG BS in the military, This shocked me... I don't know why... but it seems that they're lowering they standards yet AGAIN.
These Slimeballs will only give the BRAVE Hero's a bad name, & tranish the code of honor that these folk live by...

Gangland: Basic Training
aired: Thu, Jan 10, 2008
"Basic Training" takes an inside look at the infiltration of street gangs into the United States military. Gang members in uniform are participating in serious criminal activity on or near U.S. military installations around the world. Our national security may be at risk as these gang members steal advanced weaponry, learn military tactics, distribute drugs and even commit murder.

http://tv.blinkx.com/show/gangland/00LjqDfr2eASw9hp-vRWkb7guLQ#s1e11

O Please Note that this aired in 2008, what's it like now?

22 Jul 2012 16:10 #20 by navycpo7

XXX wrote:

navycpo7 wrote: OK so I let myself go again, happens.

Don't you think I should get a little credit for your blown gasket NC?

Didn't blow a gasket, and since life is good, plus meds most likely won't, I having been laughing at your stupidity along with some other folks that have been reading your stuff. They all got a good laugh. Including one that happens to be a pilot. Both in the military and now civilian. By the way you never answered the question on which version of 747 you supposedly sat in the captain's seat. My note to all those on here but you had nothing to do with being upset, had alot to do with the language and wasting folks time. Your a joke, the only credit you get is for being so stupid.

Time to create page: 0.383 seconds