Military to continue sports spending

22 Jul 2012 16:12 #21 by navycpo7

TPP wrote: And get RID of the GANG BS in the military, This shocked me... I don't know why... but it seems that they're lowering they standards yet AGAIN.
These Slimeballs will only give the BRAVE Hero's a bad name, & tranish the code of honor that these folk live by...

Gangland: Basic Training
aired: Thu, Jan 10, 2008
"Basic Training" takes an inside look at the infiltration of street gangs into the United States military. Gang members in uniform are participating in serious criminal activity on or near U.S. military installations around the world. Our national security may be at risk as these gang members steal advanced weaponry, learn military tactics, distribute drugs and even commit murder.

http://tv.blinkx.com/show/gangland/00LjqDfr2eASw9hp-vRWkb7guLQ#s1e11

O Please Note that this aired in 2008, what's it like now?

There has been gang type stuff going on in the military as long as I can remember. At one point I remember them rounding up members of the KKK. The were all kicked out. Not sure if there is a real way to stop them from getting in or what a solution would even be.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Jul 2012 16:18 #22 by navycpo7

TPP wrote:

navycpo7 wrote:

Wallace Stegner wrote: If they can't cut this, there isn't much hope.

WASHINGTON -- NASCAR and bass fishing can count on the military to keep the sponsorship money coming.

A vote by the U.S. House of Representatives will allow NASCAR military sponsorships to continue.

The House voted Wednesday night to continue spending millions for the military to back sports to attract recruits for the all-volunteer force. On a vote of 216-202, the House rejected an amendment by Reps. Jack Kingston, R-Ga., and Betty McCollum, D-Minn., that would have trimmed $72.3 million for sports sponsorships from a $608 billion defense bill for fiscal 2013

http://espn.go.com/racing/story/_/id/8178681/house-rejects-amendment-defense

Here is another one of those items that should go away. Let the recruiters do thier jobs. We hear cut cut cut, yet they do something this stupid.

:thumbsup:

Where they need to start is with all the flag officers in the military. There was a story out couple of month ago about how a lot of the flag officers were making more in retirement than on active duty because of a flaw in how their retirement pay was figured. The US ratio of Flag officers to enlisted is small. Compared to all the other major player countries we are extremely top heavy. Then I would go through the Pentagon and I know for a fact there is a lot of jobs up there that have more than one person doing it, that only requires one person. Get rid of the double and triple players. Then lets start dealing with the stupidity of the damn uniform changes every other year. This is costing millions of dollars. Constantly changing uniforms. The Army is real good at it. I know my son has gone through 4 changes in about 5 years and now they are getting ready to do it again. Then we start on the defense contractors. That will save millions maybe even billions of so called cost overuns cause they did not bid the job correctly or failed to do the job correctly.

22 Jul 2012 17:51 - 22 Jul 2012 17:55 #23 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Military to continue sports spending
Uniforms!? Bw ha ha ha ha ha...................and maybe we could cut back on the size of the pizza slices in the px...Are you kidding?

How about we stop building aircraft carriers and nuclear submarines for just a few years? And extend the retirement age to 65 like it is in the private sector?

22 Jul 2012 17:54 #24 by UNDER MODERATION

navycpo7 wrote:

TPP wrote: And get RID of the GANG BS in the military, This shocked me... I don't know why... but it seems that they're lowering they standards yet AGAIN.
These Slimeballs will only give the BRAVE Hero's a bad name, & tranish the code of honor that these folk live by...

"Basic Training" takes an inside look at the infiltration of street gangs into the United States military. Gang members in uniform are participating in serious criminal activity on or near U.S. military installations around the world. Our national security may be at risk as these gang members steal advanced weaponry, learn military tactics, distribute drugs and even commit murder.

There has been gang type stuff going on in the military as long as I can remember. At one point I remember them rounding up members of the KKK. The were all kicked out. Not sure if there is a real way to stop them from getting in or what a solution would even be.

Thats because the military doesn't exactly attract free minds and independent thinkers- the military attracts the kind of people who join gangs, in fact they join the military for the same reason they would join a gang...

22 Jul 2012 18:31 #25 by FredHayek
VL? Did a GI steal candy from you as a baby? Lol

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

22 Jul 2012 19:09 #26 by UNDER MODERATION
My father was career Air Force during the 50's and 60's and I grew up on bases around the world....so

I don't hate the miltary but maybe you didn't notice, the cold war is over- We don't need Aircraft Carriers and nuculear subs to fight street ganglike groups of arabs living in remote mountian caves

23 Jul 2012 07:13 #27 by FredHayek
VL, did your Navy boyfriend write you a reverse Dear John when he was deployed overseas?

The military as a percentage of the budget is very small compared to entitlement spending. Even the new farm bill is mainly for food stamps.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

23 Jul 2012 07:19 #28 by TPP
Wrong, again, Sybil!
Your Dad was career Air Force, (Which I'll take as one of your few truths), THAT"S why you hate the military.
Figuring out now why you are the way you are, (only taken a couple of years), the insane mind is hard to get a handle on.

Agree, with everything your saying NavyCpo, question is how to stop it.. the question the was focused on was that the military was closing they're eyes to the problem. and that it REALLY got bad during The 'Nam.

Fred, :thumbsup:

23 Jul 2012 11:05 #29 by ComputerBreath

Thats it wrote:

navycpo7 wrote:

Thats because the military doesn't exactly attract free minds and independent thinkers- the military attracts the kind of people who join gangs, in fact they join the military for the same reason they would join a gang...

First of all, you just generalized the whole military population. Secondly: I'll absolutely dispute this...couldn't have made it in the civilian world after retirement if I wasn't a free mind or independent thinker. And I've never been affiliated with a gang, so that also is a general statement.

23 Jul 2012 12:19 #30 by BearMtnHIB
I know how billions can be cut from the military budget without any affect on the fighting capability of the military.

It's actually very simple....

STOP rebuilding and occupying nations that we wind up at war with. The world is no longer afraid of us- in fact many know that their country will be rebuilt better than before the war...(courtesy of the US taxpayer).

The Iraq mission was a 100% successful until we tries to be their police - their mayors - their construction managers. Same thing with Afganistan.

Our new motto should be "kick their ass - and take their gas". To hell with rebuilding these crapholes- let um eat the pile of rocks we leave behind for them. The military should stick to killing people (our enemies). Let them rebuild their own damn countries - and without any help from us.

If we did just that one thing- we could save billions and billions and billions.

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds