Where do we go from here?

12 Aug 2012 09:13 #11 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Where do we go from here?

PrintSmith wrote: The division originates from the divergence of opinion regarding whether we are 50 sovereign States that have decided to cooperate with each other and delegated the power to exercise a limited portion of the individual sovereignty possessed to a common entity or whether we are in every instance a single sovereign entity.

There is not a single doubt in my mind that I am not a citizen of 50 States and that I am in fact a citizen of only one of them, the State of Colorado is the only one of the 50 of which I am a citizen. The United States exists only outside of them; when we refer to our own union we refer to these United States because they are, in fact, individually free and independent States.

Great points but I'll bet 90% of the population is clueless as to those facts... I don't believe those facts are being taught anymore. Seems like the liberal utopia woud be to remove all borders between states and have just one massive government that makes all "fair and equal". I think our real history is being erased from our memories by people who want more power year after year. That power can only be increased when state power is decreased.

Once we have more than half the country dependant on government entitlements, our hope for electing leaders who understand and are willing to fix the problem will be forever lost. We're almost there.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Aug 2012 09:50 #12 by plaidvillain

Jonathan Hemlock wrote: It is now time to decide! Do we favor increasing governmental control, assistance, rewards and entitlements,...

Which makes a great argument for never voting Republican again. I don't support increasing governmental control, like eliminating a woman's right to choose. And I don't support furthering the corporate assistance, rewards and entitlements. The wealth redistribution has got to stop. The middle class' pockets are being picked. More and more people slip into poverty, while the rich and powerful become outrageously rich and powerful. Isn't it disturbing that foreclosures and luxury item sales can be at all time highs at the same time?

Thanks for reminding me of some of the key hypocrisies of the current Republican party.

12 Aug 2012 11:15 #13 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Where do we go from here?

plaidvillain wrote:

Jonathan Hemlock wrote: It is now time to decide! Do we favor increasing governmental control, assistance, rewards and entitlements,...

Which makes a great argument for never voting Republican again. I don't support increasing governmental control, like eliminating a woman's right to choose. And I don't support furthering the corporate assistance, rewards and entitlements. The wealth redistribution has got to stop. The middle class' pockets are being picked. More and more people slip into poverty, while the rich and powerful become outrageously rich and powerful. Isn't it disturbing that foreclosures and luxury item sales can be at all time highs at the same time?

Thanks for reminding me of some of the key hypocrisies of the current Republican party.

Wealth disparity has increased under Obama, Pelosi, & Reid. Obama is a good talker but what has he actually put in place to fix this?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

12 Aug 2012 11:23 #14 by LadyJazzer
Wealth disparity continues because of the Bush policies enacted to make sure it happened, and the continued obstruction in the Senate to unravel it.

I love talking points that prove the Republican willingness to not only keep it in place, but campaign on enhancing it.

12 Aug 2012 11:25 #15 by plaidvillain
Fred, are you really gonna try to argue wealth disparity increasing under Obama is due to Obama? Your memory has got to be really short to think Obama is the cause of events that happened prior to his election. I recall a stock market and mortgage collapse that sent this nation into a whirlwind of job loss and recession, while a select minority of elite insiders made outrageous profits...and you're in full support of that system? The modern aristocracy? Open your wallet and bend over, Fred, the modern Republican party's got your back...

12 Aug 2012 11:55 #16 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Where do we go from here?

plaidvillain wrote: Fred, are you really gonna try to argue wealth disparity increasing under Obama is due to Obama? Your memory has got to be really short to think Obama is the cause of events that happened prior to his election. I recall a stock market and mortgage collapse that sent this nation into a whirlwind of job loss and recession, while a select minority of elite insiders made outrageous profits...and you're in full support of that system? The modern aristocracy? Open your wallet and bend over, Fred, the modern Republican party's got your back...

Obama sure hasn't helped the situation. It amazes me why you continue to support this man. Didn't earn a Nobel Peace Prize, hasn't fixed the economy, even when he owned Congress and the Senate. Didn't even write Obamacare that has his name on it, Pelosi & Reid took care of the legislation. One of the biggest empty suits to ever be President.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

12 Aug 2012 12:02 #17 by LadyJazzer
He never "owned" the Congress & the Senate... Good talking-point, but as usual a lie. Due to the rules of the Senate, and the statement within weeks of the inauguration that the "goal was to make Obama a one-term president", he never had that kind of control...

But, you knew that.

12 Aug 2012 12:26 #18 by Raees
Replied by Raees on topic Where do we go from here?

FredHayek wrote: Didn't even write Obamacare that has his name on it, Pelosi & Reid took care of the legislation. One of the biggest empty suits to ever be President.

I had no idea the President of the United States is supposed to WRITE legislation. Where is that in the Constitution exactly?

The only president to get Health Care Reform passed, even though others had tried. I'd say he's definitely not an empty suit. But please go on underestimating him as Republican leaders did during the health care debate they sat out, thinking it wouldn't pass anyway.

12 Aug 2012 12:51 #19 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Where do we go from here?
Nice to see you JH. Yeah, I know it is off topic.

12 Aug 2012 15:25 #20 by Something the Dog Said

PrintSmith wrote: The division originates from the divergence of opinion regarding whether we are 50 sovereign States that have decided to cooperate with each other and delegated the power to exercise a limited portion of the individual sovereignty possessed to a common entity or whether we are in every instance a single sovereign entity.

There is not a single doubt in my mind that I am not a citizen of 50 States and that I am in fact a citizen of only one of them, the State of Colorado is the only one of the 50 of which I am a citizen. The United States exists only outside of them; when we refer to our own union we refer to these United States because they are, in fact, individually free and independent States.

And here I thought we were "one nation" "indivisible with liberty and justice for all" and that "We the People of the United States, in Order toform a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility,provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure theBlessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establishthis Constitution for the United States of America."

Guess we need to do some rewriting of history to suit Printsmith.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds