Where do we go from here?

11 Aug 2012 17:17 #1 by Jonathan Hemlock
I’ve become increasingly convinced that the fundamental and divisive issues which were debated by the Presidential Candidates, GW Bush and Al Gore, in the 2000 Presidential Campaign, still remain the particular issues which divide us now as an American nation. Those same fundamental and divisive issues have gained momentum towards a persistently divisive future for our nation’s social, economic, and political prospects. That is, and unless, we the people, cause our government to become a much more honestly representative government than it has been in the several recent years.

Looking further into the most recent past, and while continuing to think back to the 2000 Presidential debates, I must draw the conclusion that there still remains a very powerful division among the American people, (An almost 50%, 50% split among the American voters!), all continuing the discussion as to how we should progress as a sovereign nation.

It is now time to decide! Do we favor increasing governmental control, assistance, rewards and entitlements, or do we favor personal responsibility with individuality and the promise that good and fair lifelong practices, associated with a quality product, plus sound customer support and high performance, will always lead to success?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Aug 2012 17:46 #2 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Where do we go from here?
I believe the American public have chosen increased government over freedom. Increased debt over fiscal responsibility.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

11 Aug 2012 17:59 #3 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Where do we go from here?

Jonathan Hemlock wrote: I’ve become increasingly convinced that the fundamental and divisive issues which were debated by the Presidential Candidates, GW Bush and Al Gore, in the 2000 Presidential Campaign, still remain the particular issues which divide us now as an American nation. Those same fundamental and divisive issues have gained momentum towards a persistently divisive future for our nation’s social, economic, and political prospects. That is, and unless, we the people, cause our government to become a much more honestly representative government than it has been in the several recent years.

Looking further into the most recent past, and while continuing to think back to the 2000 Presidential debates, I must draw the conclusion that there still remains a very powerful division among the American people, (An almost 50%, 50% split among the American voters!), all continuing the discussion as to how we should progress as a sovereign nation.

It is now time to decide! Do we favor increasing governmental control, assistance, rewards and entitlements, or do we favor personal responsibility with individuality and the promise that good and fair lifelong practices, associated with a quality product, plus sound customer support and high performance, will always lead to success?

lol ...Deep thoughts from a doush-bag

11 Aug 2012 18:33 #4 by LadyJazzer
I've become increasingly convinced that the teabaggers and the extremists are bat-sh*t-crazy, and should be locked up before they hurt themselves...and anyone else.

I don't favor Romney, Ryan, any of the sleazebag GOP, and the entire so-called "Ryan Budget" is a joke, to reward millionaires & billionaires while screwing the middle class and retired....(Ayn Rand would be so proud...) Does that make it easy enough to understand my position?

11 Aug 2012 18:35 #5 by Raees
Replied by Raees on topic Where do we go from here?
Well, since they're both anti-choice, the nation's women know who not to vote for.

11 Aug 2012 18:44 #6 by Blazer Bob

Democracy4Sale wrote: I've become increasingly convinced that the teabaggers and the extremists are bat-sh*t-crazy, and should be locked up before they hurt themselves...and anyone else...............................................................................................................................................

Does that make it easy enough to understand my position?

There was never any doubt. You could save a lot of money by gassing them instead.

11 Aug 2012 18:45 #7 by LadyJazzer
If I thought I could get away with it....................................

It would clean up the gene-pool.

11 Aug 2012 18:48 #8 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Where do we go from here?

Raees wrote: Well, since they're both anti-choice, the nation's women know who not to vote for.

And I doubt the Baby Boomers like the idea of being a heartbeat away from losing Social Security.

12 Aug 2012 08:13 #9 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic Where do we go from here?

Jonathan Hemlock wrote: It is now time to decide! Do we favor increasing governmental control, assistance, rewards and entitlements, or do we favor personal responsibility with individuality and the promise that good and fair lifelong practices, associated with a quality product, plus sound customer support and high performance, will always lead to success?

Interesting post and questions. I would say the 20% independents and undecideds will decide the POTUS election, probably based on likeability factor, negative ads, or possibly a single personal favorite issue. The voters who decide based on personal responsibility vs government control are probably solid party-line voters. IMO

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

12 Aug 2012 08:54 #10 by PrintSmith
The division originates from the divergence of opinion regarding whether we are 50 sovereign States that have decided to cooperate with each other and delegated the power to exercise a limited portion of the individual sovereignty possessed to a common entity or whether we are in every instance a single sovereign entity.

There is not a single doubt in my mind that I am not a citizen of 50 States and that I am in fact a citizen of only one of them, the State of Colorado is the only one of the 50 of which I am a citizen. The United States exists only outside of them; when we refer to our own union we refer to these United States because they are, in fact, individually free and independent States.

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds