Mail in Ballots

26 Jul 2010 16:09 #21 by Nmysys
Replied by Nmysys on topic Mail in Ballots
Mtn Grandma:

You left off a word after counted, Accurately.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Jul 2010 17:20 #22 by RidinHy06
Replied by RidinHy06 on topic Mail in Ballots
Thank you Mtn Gramma for additional info. I plan to do the same. That way I'll know my vote WILL be counted! Do you know if all the polling stations will have electronic machines?

26 Jul 2010 18:09 #23 by Let the Wildlife run PC
So which ones are the "early polling places", that we can surrender our mail-in's, and vote in a machine? And you said between 8-2 and 8-5?

26 Jul 2010 21:20 - 26 Jul 2010 21:28 #24 by Mtn Gramma
Replied by Mtn Gramma on topic Mail in Ballots

Nmysys wrote: Mtn Grandma:

You left off a word after counted, Accurately.

Getting pretty sassy there, for an old, um, older guy . . . . . lol

26 Jul 2010 21:25 #25 by Mtn Gramma
Replied by Mtn Gramma on topic Mail in Ballots
Don't know if all the voting centers will have electronic machines or not -- didn't think to ask.

The early polling places are the Clerk's office in Fairplay and the Clerk's office in the Bailey Sub-station, per the notice in the Flume. BUT the notice also says "during regular business hours, Monday through Friday" but they aren't open on Fridays.

26 Jul 2010 22:30 #26 by Scooby72
Replied by Scooby72 on topic Mail in Ballots
I'm generally pretty skeptical but this whole voter fraud thing is difficult to believe. I know this kind of stuff happens. I could be wrong, but I have not had any personal experiences of voter fraud and reading about alleged voter fraud is not really a valid reason for me to call the SoS. If those who have proof step forward, then something can be done. But, the SoS isn't going to take this serious without some sort of valid concern. What I will say is if you are someone who has witnessed it and can prove it, IMO you are morally responsible for bringing this to light to SoS.

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out. I received my mail in ballot and I will be dropping it off closer to election day. I work at the VA in Denver and it's difficult to get to a polling place at a decent hour.

Just my 2 cents, rant on. :)

26 Jul 2010 22:43 #27 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Mail in Ballots
Well.... I would check the SOS website to see if your vote was cast. I will vote on 8/10/10

26 Jul 2010 22:46 #28 by Scooby72
Replied by Scooby72 on topic Mail in Ballots

Becky wrote: Well.... I would check the SOS website to see if your vote was cast. I will vote on 8/10/10

I will for sure, that's one thing I always do. I'd like to make a photocopy of my ballot, but not sure if that is legal.

27 Jul 2010 07:06 #29 by RidinHy06
Replied by RidinHy06 on topic Mail in Ballots
Do any of you know where we take our mail-in ballots (between 8/2 and 8/5) to have them voided? I too am going to vote electronically. I didn't know we can check the SOS site to see if votes were cast. My daughter is Military and has already mailed hers. I did call the SOS and was told those go into a vault. I just hope it wasn't shredded.

27 Jul 2010 07:32 - 27 Jul 2010 07:37 #30 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Mail in Ballots

Notice of Election
In accordance with provisions of Section 1-5-205, Colorado State Statues, notice is hereby given for a Primary Election to be held in Park County:

* Tuesday, August 10, 2010
* 7:00 am - 7:00 pm

Vote Center Locations
Bailey
Platte Canyon Community Church
4954 CO Rd 64
Bailey, CO

Platte Canyon Fire Station #2
153 Dellwood Drive
Bailey, CO

Hutchison Lumber
186 Mount Evand Blvd
Pine, CO

Fairplay
Fairplay Fairbarn
880 Bogue Street
Fairplay, CO

Lake George
Lake George Fire Department
8951 CO Rd 90
Lake George, CO

Guffey
Community Center
1625 CO Rd 102
Guffey, CO

Mail In Ballots
Mail-In ballots may be obtained from the Fairplay Clerk and Recorders Office at 501 Main Street, Fairplay, CO.
You may request a mail-in ballot by sending your:

* Name
* Physical Address
* Mailing Address
* Date of birth
* Drivers license number
* Last 4 digits of your Social Security number
* Your Signature

Send to the Clerk and Recorder at P.O. Box 220, Fairplay, CO 80456 or Fax (719) 836-4348.

The last day to request a mail-in ballot is August 3, 2010.

Mail-in ballots may be deposited at the following locations Monday through Friday, 7:00 am - 6:00 pm.

* Fairplay Clerk and Recorder's Office, 501 Main Street, Fairplay, CO
* Bailey Motor Vehicle Office, 59865 Highway 285, Bailey, CO

On Election Day, Tuesday, August 10, 2010 ballots will be accepted at the Bailey Motor Vehicle Office from 7:00 am to 6:00 pm and at the Fairplay Clerk and Recorder's Office from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm. Ballots must be received by the Fairplay Clerk's Office no later than 7:00 pm Tuesday, August 10, 2010 in order to be counted in this election.

Early Voting
Early voting will begin August 2, 2010 through August 6, 2010, Monday through Friday, 7:00 am - 6:00 pm.

* Fairplay Clerk and Recorder, 501 Main Street, Fairplay, CO
* Bailey Motor Vehicle, 50865 Highway 285, Bailey, CO

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds