Mail in Ballots

27 Jul 2010 07:36 #31 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Mail in Ballots
This year, the locations for voting will be different. We now have polling center instead of polling places. You may go to any of these locations to cast your vote this year.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Jul 2010 09:03 #32 by mama bear
Replied by mama bear on topic Mail in Ballots
Red Flag: Early Voting
Early voting will begin August 2, 2010 through August 6, 2010, Monday through Friday, 7:00 am - 6:00 pm.

* Fairplay Clerk and Recorder, 501 Main Street, Fairplay, CO
* Bailey Motor Vehicle, 50865 Highway 285, Bailey, CO

I THOUGHT THE COUNTY OFFICES WERE CLOSED ON FRIDAYS

and WILL ELECTRONIC VOTING BOOTHS BE AVAILABLE AT THOSE TWO LOCATIONS FOR EARLY VOTERS?

Red Flag:
On Election Day, Tuesday, August 10, 2010 ballots will be accepted at the Bailey Motor Vehicle Office from 7:00 am to 6:00 pm and at the Fairplay Clerk and Recorder's Office from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm. Ballots must be received by the Fairplay Clerk's Office no later than 7:00 pm Tuesday, August 10, 2010 in order to be counted in this election.

IF YOU VOID YOUR MAIL-IN BALLOT ON ELECTION DAY (AUG. 10TH) CAN YOU CAST YOUR VOTE ON THE ELECTRONIC MACHINE or ARE YOU FORCED TO VOTE ON THE PROVISIONAL BALLOT THAT TAKES 10 DAYS TO COUNT? (and, if that is the case, then might as well just turn in your mail-in ballot and forego a provisional ballot)

27 Jul 2010 10:51 #33 by Mtn Gramma
Replied by Mtn Gramma on topic Mail in Ballots

RidinHy06 wrote: Do any of you know where we take our mail-in ballots (between 8/2 and 8/5) to have them voided? I too am going to vote electronically. I didn't know we can check the SOS site to see if votes were cast. My daughter is Military and has already mailed hers. I did call the SOS and was told those go into a vault. I just hope it wasn't shredded.

You can take your mail-in ballot to either the Fairplay Clerk's office or the Bailey Clerk's office (in the sub-station) during normal business hours (which excludes Friday the 6th). They will void your mail-in ballot there and then you will vote on the electronic machine at that time.

27 Jul 2010 11:00 #34 by Mtn Gramma

mama bear wrote: Red Flag: Early Voting
Early voting will begin August 2, 2010 through August 6, 2010, Monday through Friday, 7:00 am - 6:00 pm.

* Fairplay Clerk and Recorder, 501 Main Street, Fairplay, CO
* Bailey Motor Vehicle, 50865 Highway 285, Bailey, CO

I THOUGHT THE COUNTY OFFICES WERE CLOSED ON FRIDAYS
Yes
and WILL ELECTRONIC VOTING BOOTHS BE AVAILABLE AT THOSE TWO LOCATIONS FOR EARLY VOTERS?
Yes

Red Flag:
On Election Day, Tuesday, August 10, 2010 ballots will be accepted at the Bailey Motor Vehicle Office from 7:00 am to 6:00 pm and at the Fairplay Clerk and Recorder's Office from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm. Ballots must be received by the Fairplay Clerk's Office no later than 7:00 pm Tuesday, August 10, 2010 in order to be counted in this election.

IF YOU VOID YOUR MAIL-IN BALLOT ON ELECTION DAY (AUG. 10TH) CAN YOU CAST YOUR VOTE ON THE ELECTRONIC MACHINE or ARE YOU FORCED TO VOTE ON THE PROVISIONAL BALLOT THAT TAKES 10 DAYS TO COUNT? (and, if that is the case, then might as well just turn in your mail-in ballot and forego a provisional ballot)
If you void your mail-in ballot on Election Day you will be required to cast a provisional ballot. You will not be allowed to vote on the electronic machines, per the ParkCo Clerk's Office yesterday morning

27 Jul 2010 11:30 #35 by Mtn Gramma
Well, well, well. Called the Clerk's office about the legal posting in the Flume to ask about the "submit by Friday but you're not open Friday" and the person I talked to said that by statute they have to be open Friday for early voting. I asked her where this had been posted so that people would know, and she said it's on the county website. I haven't bothered to check it out but it's pretty lame that they wouldn't let people know in a better fashion.

I also mentioned the year that people got to the clerk's office in Bailey after 5 (which was their closing time back then) and she said that 7:00pm is the closing time on election day.

Bottom line, the information posted in their legal notice in the Flume is accurate according to one of the clerks I spoke with.

27 Jul 2010 11:39 #36 by Let the Wildlife run PC
I've been doing some investigating, and from this morning till now 11:30am, the posting changed on the Parkco web-site. This morning it stated that we could: "do the early voting at ANY precinct (Aug 2-5) just surrender your mail-in ballot, then use the machine". Now I just checked the very same place on their web-site, and it states: "early voting takes place only AT the two motor vehicle buildings, Fairplay and Bailey", but it now states nothing about our mail in ballots, needing to be surrendered???? But I did get this after I verified that I am registered, republican:

Mail-in Ballot Stage Information
You have requested a mail-in ballot. Voters who have requested and received a mail-in ballot must vote that ballot. If you wish to vote in person at your polling place or during early voting, you will be required to vote using a provisional ballot. Voters who wish to use accessible voting equipment instead of a mail-in ballot should contact their county clerk and recorder.

I sure don't ever remember checking that box for "mail-in", because I was involved in some fraud in the last Sheriff election, I wouldn't have checked it!!

So I still dunno, there are so many mixed directions on what we're suppose to do? Bottom line, can I go in on August 2-5th, surrender my mail-in, and vote in the machine? :VeryScared:

27 Jul 2010 11:45 #37 by Let the Wildlife run PC

RidinHy06 wrote: I didn't know we can check the SOS site to see if votes were cast.

Can we call the SOS, or get on-line with the SOS's website to find out if our vote was counted when the time comes?

27 Jul 2010 11:49 #38 by Mtn Gramma

4evryoung wrote:

RidinHy06 wrote: I didn't know we can check the SOS site to see if votes were cast.

Can we call the SOS, or get on-line with the SOS's website to find out if our vote was counted when the time comes?

I don't believe they can tell you if your vote was counted (I think they assume it is), only that it was received.

can I go in on August 2-5th, surrender my mail-in, and vote in the machine?

Yes.

27 Jul 2010 12:07 #39 by Let the Wildlife run PC
Parkco's web-site info:

31-July Sat.
Last day for the county clerk to give published notice of the Primary Election. (No later than 10 days
before the Primary Election)
1-5-205(1)
31-July Sat.
Early voting may begin at the early voting polling places for the Primary Election with approval of the board
of county commissioners. (10 days before the Primary Election)
1-8-202
31-July Sat.
Counting of early voters' ballots may begin 10 days prior to the election. No results can be disclosed until
after 7:00 p.m. on election day.
1-8-302(2)
2-Aug. Mon.
Constitutional deadline to file an initiative petition with the Secretary of State for the 2010 General
Election, no later than 3:00 p.m. (Article V, Section 1(2) of the Colorado Constitution requires that the
petition be filed 3 months before the election; however, statute sets the deadline at 3 months and 3
weeks before the election.)
Art V, Sect. 1(2)
1-40-108
1-40-107(5)
2-Aug. Mon.
Last day for judicial candidates to file a Declaration of Intent. (Not less than 3 months prior to General
Election)
Art. VI, Sect. 25
2-Aug. Mon.
First day that walk-in voting locations (service centers) may be open for Primary Elections conducted by
mail ballot. (8 days prior to and on election day, except Sunday)
1-7.5-107(4.5)(c)
3-Aug. Tue.
Elections setup records for the Primary Election are due to Secretary of State. (No later than the 7th day
prior to the Primary Election)
SOS Rule 11.7.1
3-Aug. Tue.
Last day to apply for a mail-in ballot for the Primary Election if the ballot is to be mailed. (7th day prior to
the election)
1-8-104(3)
4-Aug. Wed. Last day to establish polling places for the General Election. (90 days before the General Election)
1-5-102.5
SOS Rule 7.3
4-Aug. Wed.
Last day for designated election official to notify an unaffiliated candidate of whether the amended
nominating petition is sufficient. (No later than the 90th day before the General Election)
1-4-912(1)
6-Aug. Fri.
Last day for early voting at the early voting polling places for the Primary Election. (Close of business the
Friday before the Primary Election)
1-8-208(3)
6-Aug. Fri.
Last day to apply for a mail-in ballot for the Primary Election if the ballot is picked up in person.
(Close of business the Friday before the Primary Election)
1-8-104(3)
10-Aug. Tue.
PRIMARY ELECTION
(Polls open 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.)
1-4-101(1)
AUGUST, 2010
Last Updated 05/02/10
Use this as a reference guide only. Always refer to the Colorado Constitution,
Revised Statutes, and Secretary of State Rules for applicable provisions. Page 4 of 7
Bernie Buescher
Secretary of State 2010 Election Calendar Primary Election: Aug. 10, 2010
General Election: Nov. 2, 2010
10-Aug. Tue.
All mail/mail-in ballots and emergency mail-in ballots must be in the hands of the county clerk no later
than 7:00 p.m. on election day. Except for ballots cast by absent uniformed service electors serving outside
the U.S., which must be voted and transmitted no later than 7:00 P.M. on election day and received no
later than the close of business on the 8th day after election day.
1-8-113(1)(a)
1-8-115(1)(b)
1-8-115(2)
11-Aug. Wed.
Last day for the Secretary of State to issue statements of sufficiency or insufficiency for initiative petitions
filed on July 12th. (No more than 30 calendar days after the petition is filed)
1-40-116(2);
Art. V, Sec. 1(2)
12-Aug. Thu.
Deadline for the Secretary of State to notify all counties of which voting devices and which race or races
have been selected for auditing purposes is 7:00 p.m. (Within 48 hours after the close of polls)
SOS Rule 11.5.4.1
12-Aug. Thu.
Deadline for the county clerk to send missing signature, signature verification, and missing ID letters for
mail/mail-in ballots.
Deadline for the county clerk to send missing signature letters for provisional ballots.
(Within 3 days from signature/ID verification but no later than 2 days after election day)
1-7.5-107(3.5)(d)
1-7.5-107.3
1-8-113(3)(d)
1-8-114.5(2)(a)
1-8.5-105(3)(a)
18-Aug. Wed.
Last day for ballots cast by absent uniformed service electors serving outside the U.S., to be received by
the county clerk in order to be counted. (No later than close of business on the 8th day after election day.
Ballots must have been voted and transmitted by 7:00 P.M. on election day)
1-8-113(1)(a)(ii)
18-Aug. Wed.
Last day for elector to cure signature discrepancy or missing signature, or to provide missing ID for
mail/mail-in ballot to be counted.
Last day for elector to cure missing signature for provisional ballot to be counted.
(Within 8 days after election day)
1-7.5-107(3.5)(d)
1-7.5-107.3
1-8-113(3)(d)
1-8-114.5(2)(a)
1-8.5-105(3)(a)
20-Aug. Fri.
Last day for verification and counting of provisional ballots to be completed. (Within 10 days after the
Primary Election)
1-8.5-105(5)
23-Aug. Mon.
The County Board of Canvassers shall prepare official Abstract of Votes for the Primary Election and
immediately deliver a copy to the Secretary of State. (No later than the 13th day after the Primary
Election)
1-10-102(1)
23-Aug. Mon.
Counties shall report the results of the post-election audit to the Secretary of State. (No later than 5 p.m.
on the 13th day after the Primary Election)
SOS Rule 11.5.4.11
24-Aug. Tue.
Intergovernmental agreements to be signed by county clerks and political subdivisions. (No later than 70
days before the General Election)
1-7-116(2)
24-Aug. Tue.
Last day for a write-in candidate to file an Affidavit of Intent for the General Election. (By the close of
business on the 70th day before the General Election)
1-4-1102(1)
30-Aug. Mon.
Last day for Secretary of State to compile, total the returns and order appropriate recounts of the Primary
Election. (No later than the 20th day after the Primary Election)
1-10-103(2)
30-Aug. Mon.
Last day interested parties may request a recount of the Primary Election at their own expense.
(Within 20 days after the Primary Election)

27 Jul 2010 13:04 #40 by chocolove
Replied by chocolove on topic Mail in Ballots

4evryoung wrote: I've been doing some investigating, and from this morning till now 11:30am, the posting changed on the Parkco web-site. This morning it stated that we could: "do the early voting at ANY precinct (Aug 2-5) just surrender your mail-in ballot, then use the machine". Now I just checked the very same place on their web-site, and it states: "early voting takes place only AT the two motor vehicle buildings, Fairplay and Bailey", but it now states nothing about our mail in ballots, needing to be surrendered???? But I did get this after I verified that I am registered, republican:

Mail-in Ballot Stage Information
You have requested a mail-in ballot. Voters who have requested and received a mail-in ballot must vote that ballot. If you wish to vote in person at your polling place or during early voting, you will be required to vote using a provisional ballot. Voters who wish to use accessible voting equipment instead of a mail-in ballot should contact their county clerk and recorder.

I sure don't ever remember checking that box for "mail-in", because I was involved in some fraud in the last Sheriff election, I wouldn't have checked it!!

So I still dunno, there are so many mixed directions on what we're suppose to do? Bottom line, can I go in on August 2-5th, surrender my mail-in, and vote in the machine? :VeryScared:

Mtn Gramma wrote:

4evryoung wrote:

I don't believe they can tell you if your vote was counted (I think they assume it is), only that it was received.

can I go in on August 2-5th, surrender my mail-in, and vote in the machine?

Yes.

Is anyone really sure whether we will be voting provisional or regular if we surrender our ballots and vote early. I know if we surrender them on election day it is provisional and on paper but early?

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds