Poor Clint

31 Aug 2012 20:48 #41 by Raees
Replied by Raees on topic Poor Clint

Hoot Owl wrote: I wonder where Oprah stands on all this, she pretty much rocked the vote for Obama last time around. Strangly silent. Or have I missed something?

Apr 2, 2012

Oprah Winfrey said today that while she is “not going to be out there” as a booster for President Obama during the 2012 general election campaign, her support has not dimmed.

“I’m 100 percent behind our president. I actually love our president, and have the utmost respect for him and that office and what it takes to be there,” Winfrey told Charlie Rose on CBS’ “This Morning.”

“I will not be out there because I’m trying to fix a network,” she said.
OWN, Winfrey’s cable network, has struggled to build an audience since it launched in January 2011 and recently laid off 30 employees, which she said was “difficult” to bear.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/20 ... out-there/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

31 Aug 2012 20:50 #42 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic Poor Clint
Yes, I figured that this was the usual flatulence blown out of the usual orifice:

Blazer Bob wrote: Oprah is voting for Romney.

31 Aug 2012 20:55 #43 by Raees

Blazer Bob wrote: Oprah is voting for Romney.

Oprah Still “in” with Obama: Quietly Gave Maximum Amount to 2012 Campaign

Oprah Winfrey and Barack Obama? Still very close. And Oprah is still supporting Obama, at least financially. While her boosterism isn’t what it was four years ago–she hasn’t had the President or First Lady on her OWN show yet– Oprah is still hanging in there. According to Federal Election records, she donated $10,000 to the Obama campaign on April 2, 2012. There are four entries for $2,500 apiece. She also gave the Democratic National Committee a donation of $30,800.

In lock step with Oprah is her best friend, Gayle King. Last summer, before she became an anchor on the CBS Morning News, King donated $5,000 directly to Obama and the same $30,800 to the DNC. She might not have been able to do that now as a CBS employee.

http://www.showbiz411.com/2012/06/08/op ... 2-campaign

31 Aug 2012 21:42 #44 by Soulshiner
Replied by Soulshiner on topic Poor Clint
Jon Stewart nailed it tonight.

When you plant ice you're going to harvest wind. - Robert Hunter

31 Aug 2012 22:47 #45 by Raees

Soulshiner wrote: Jon Stewart nailed it tonight.

Yeah, he tweeted "Tonight! We are on the air! Normally we don't work Fridays, but then the chair thing happened." rofllol

I noticed Ann Romney and whoever that is next to her really seemed to enjoy Clint's act.

01 Sep 2012 10:00 #46 by Raees

Martin Ent Inc wrote: Obama is an empty chair. (great example by Clint)

Looks as if it was over most liberals heads Most anuthing in life is over a liberals head.

Bill Maher agrees with you: Clint Nailed It.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/click/201 ... 34038.html

01 Sep 2012 18:06 #47 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic Poor Clint

01 Sep 2012 18:42 #48 by Soulshiner
Replied by Soulshiner on topic Poor Clint
Strange that the Republicans have chosen to run against Invisible Obama...

When you plant ice you're going to harvest wind. - Robert Hunter

01 Sep 2012 23:36 #49 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic Poor Clint
Not strange at all... The one they've been running against for the last 3-1/2 years is a figment of their imagination already...

02 Sep 2012 09:59 #50 by lionshead2010
Replied by lionshead2010 on topic Poor Clint
I'm truly sorry I missed Clint's skit. From the reaction the Dems and mainstream media are having...he was clearly hilarious and hit very close to the mark.

Old Rush spells it out for those who missed the nuance. HILARIOUS. Clint is laughing all the way to the bank.

Clint Got Under Obama's Skin

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2012/ ... ama_s_skin

Yeah, I loved Eastwood. I even thought that was bold and good. I'll tell you what, folks. Let me just give you a little hint on how to translate the left today.

The left -- and this is predictable. They're destroying Eastwood, and Hollywood types are destroying Eastwood. "Oh, Clint! What's happened to poor old Clint? Oh, he looks like he's got Alzheimer's. Oh, no. Did you see how old Clint was?

At 12:30 last night, somebody on behalf of Obama (and for all I know it was Obama himself) tweeted a picture of Obama in an official presidential chair. Looks like it's in the Cabinet Room. It might be in the Oval, but, regardless, it's the official presidential chair, and it's got a little miniature plaque on the back of the chair that says, "President US 2009." And the tweet is, "This seat is taken." Now, we've talked about this. So here they needle Obama. He's so transparent!

We can depict this guy as an empty chair. And it must have gotten to him because he tweeted at 12:30 or somebody did in his name -- that, "Nope, sorry. This seat's taken," rather than ignore it. See? See, here's somebody who chose the philosophy of responding, of replying, of fighting back, and now a lot of people are saying, "A-ha, it worked! It got under Obama's skin," and it did.

It took me awhile to figure out that Eastwood was looking at the empty chair. It was Obama there. He's having this imaginary conversation. Then, I realized what was going on. This is a great bit, and Eastwood was the essence of simplicity. How, if somebody's not doing a job, you let 'em go. Just simple as it could be. Real world simple. Plus, it was hilarious. It was funny. Of course, we are people who like laughing at Obama. The other side doesn't.

A person from Hollywood who actually speaks the truth. If someone isn't doing a job, you let them go. November can't come soon enough for me. rofllol

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds