Poor Clint

02 Sep 2012 10:02 #51 by Raees
Replied by Raees on topic Poor Clint
The president, in an interview with USA Today, suggested he was not offended by the actor's performance during the closing night of the Republican National Convention -- in which Eastwood engaged in a one-man repartee with an empty chair meant to represent Obama.

"I am a huge Clint Eastwood fan," the president said.

"One thing about being president or running for president -- if you're easily offended, you should probably choose another profession," Obama said.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/09 ... z25KRzEIvy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Sep 2012 10:13 #52 by lionshead2010
Replied by lionshead2010 on topic Poor Clint
That's what this means. His presidency is a failure. Everybody it knows. But there was so much hope, and there was so much emotion tied to Obama. So much invested! (Ohhhh, we love the guy and he's such a fresh face! He's the first black president. We wanted him to succeed so bad!) And the theory is that the tie, that the strength of that emotional bond is such that not even a failed presidency can break it. But -- but!

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2012/ ... dependents

Rush is killing me !!!

I get it folks. You feel badly about the whole slavery thing. I do too. You wanted to put a black man in the White House so badly to make up for all that bad stuff that happened in the 19th Century. Unfortunately, you put the wrong man there. You also allowed skin color to be a major deciding factor. I get that you were lulled into this.I get the whole guilt thing. But real adulthood is about realizing you have selected a bad course of action and being man (or woman) enough to change course. You elected him for the wrong reasons and he is failing miserably. Instead of accepting his failure and finding a new approach, you intend to stick with the "one who brung ya". In this case, when the future of the nation is at stake...I don't get your dedication.

02 Sep 2012 10:30 #53 by Raees
You and Rush also don't get why many people voted for him, apparently. It had nothing to do with wanting to "put a black man in the White House" or allowing skin color to be a major factor.

Between him and McCain, he was the best candidate.

02 Sep 2012 10:49 #54 by Raees
I wonder how long it will be before the right wing wackos latch on to this conspiracy theory:

According to Twitter, Obama's "This seat's taken" Tweet was the most retweeted of the Republican National Convention.

02 Sep 2012 14:48 #55 by LadyJazzer
Replied by LadyJazzer on topic Poor Clint

lionshead2010 wrote: That's what this means. His presidency is a failure. Everybody it knows. But there was so much hope, and there was so much emotion tied to Obama. So much invested! (Ohhhh, we love the guy and he's such a fresh face! He's the first black president. We wanted him to succeed so bad!) And the theory is that the tie, that the strength of that emotional bond is such that not even a failed presidency can break it. But -- but!

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2012/ ... dependents

Rush is killing me !!!

I get it folks. You feel badly about the whole slavery thing. I do too. You wanted to put a black man in the White House so badly to make up for all that bad stuff that happened in the 19th Century. Unfortunately, you put the wrong man there. You also allowed skin color to be a major deciding factor. I get that you were lulled into this.I get the whole guilt thing. But real adulthood is about realizing you have selected a bad course of action and being man (or woman) enough to change course. You elected him for the wrong reasons and he is failing miserably. Instead of accepting his failure and finding a new approach, you intend to stick with the "one who brung ya". In this case, when the future of the nation is at stake...I don't get your dedication.

Nah, I just don't want to vote for the tax-avoiding bat-sh*t-crazy rich white guy... But thanks for your concern... rofllol

02 Sep 2012 17:13 #56 by PonyTail
Replied by PonyTail on topic Poor Clint
And did the Connie Rice lipstick faux pas keep you from listening to her message? CBS did a big piece about that lipstick. IF you watched it, I'm sure you were all just mortified! BTW, I wonder how many of you watched it (with audio).

02 Sep 2012 17:59 #57 by Raees
I finally figured out the invisible chair at the RNC convention. It was to represent the invisible U.S. soldiers fighting in Afghanistan that were never mentioned by Romney is his speech. Clint was just preparing the audience.

02 Sep 2012 18:02 #58 by Raees

PonyTail wrote: And did the Connie Rice lipstick faux pas

Connie Rice? Who is Connie Rice? Are you talking about former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice?

Show her some respect by using her full name. She sure wasn't introduced to foreign heads of state by "Connie" Rice.

03 Sep 2012 09:33 #59 by PonyTail
Replied by PonyTail on topic Poor Clint
So, did you watch it?

03 Sep 2012 09:40 #60 by Raees
I watched HER not IT. Yes. Too bad she isn't interested in running, but then I think she'd go through the process and be chewed up and spit out just like Herman Cain, Rick Perry, Newt Gingrich, Pawlenty and all the other candidates who topped the polls for a week or two then fell under the bus.

At one point, they were each considered the darling of the party -- better than Mitt, but he persevered.

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds