Free Ringtone "You didn't build that!"

04 Sep 2012 17:59 #11 by Blazer Bob

Raees wrote: Here's a link to the video that will work: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OpWtP39 ... r_embedded

But you guys already know what he said in context, right? You would criticize him otherwise, I'm sure.

But this is just distraction. What the election comes down to is this:

If you believe all Americans should have health care and if you believe in a woman's right to chose, you will vote for Obama.

If you believe it should be every American for themselves and the government should decide what a woman does with her body, vote for Romney.

Angela, 2:10-2:23 on Raees link.

Raees, Contraception and health care. Really? Republicans believe in anarchy. Really? If that is what it comes down to for you, you might need an oil change.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Sep 2012 18:47 #12 by Soulshiner

TillerBee wrote: Remember when President Obama told business owners "You didn't build that!"?

Actually I don't, because he didn't tell them that. Why don't you guys try being honest for once when making your case?

When you plant ice you're going to harvest wind. - Robert Hunter

04 Sep 2012 18:51 #13 by PrintSmith

Raees wrote: But this is just distraction. What the election comes down to is this:

If you believe all Americans should have health care and if you believe in a woman's right to chose, you will vote for Obama.

If you believe it should be every American for themselves and the government should decide what a woman does with her body, vote for Romney.

Logic really isn't a strong suit with you, is it Raees. Whether your foray into false dilemma is entered into willingly or out of ignorance is irrelevant to me. That there is even a potential that you actually believe your written diarrhea is a very frightening thing. It is precisely the inability to reason with any degree of proficiency that your words demonstrate that is the greatest danger the union currently is facing.

04 Sep 2012 19:15 #14 by PonyTail
Out of context or in context. The words are his. I HEARD him. and I say - Yes! Yes I did build that! Do you think the government bent over and pulled the money out of their azz to do that? OUR tax dollars built that! There is one thing they could pull out - their heads! Give me a break on "that's how they get to your business (I can hear the whiny tone)." Your product or service and your attitude toward the people you do business with is what builds a business.

04 Sep 2012 19:25 #15 by Martin Ent Inc
[youtube:1q1b1zr6]
[/youtube:1q1b1zr6]

04 Sep 2012 19:39 #16 by Soulshiner
You HEARD WRONG. You are showing desperation by sticking to what you wanted him to say so you could bitch about it. It's sad that this is what you guys are basing any kind of argument on. SAD.

When you plant ice you're going to harvest wind. - Robert Hunter

04 Sep 2012 19:44 #17 by Raees

PrintSmith wrote:

Raees wrote: But this is just distraction. What the election comes down to is this:

Logic really isn't a strong suit with you, is it Raees. Whether your foray into false dilemma is entered into willingly or out of ignorance is irrelevant to me. That there is even a potential that you actually believe your written diarrhea is a very frightening thing. It is precisely the inability to reason with any degree of proficiency that your words demonstrate that is the greatest danger the union currently is facing.

Deflectors on maximum, huh PS?

04 Sep 2012 20:26 #18 by PonyTail
Gotta love Charles Krauthammer. He tells it like it is.

04 Sep 2012 20:45 #19 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Free Ringtone "You didn't build that!"

Soulshiner wrote: You disagree that someone who started up a business did not build the roads and utilities that allows them to be in business?

Jesus, you guys are getting wiggier by the fracking minute...

He may not have meant it (why didn't he straighten us out?)

If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business -- you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn’t get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.

I am actually in an internet history class right now and that is NOT why the internet was invented. It started out in academics and the first computer was built in the world war to decipher war messages without going over a radio. Then physicists used it and academics for email. When it started going viral, no one thought about making money until well after it was invented. So, there is one fact that is wrong. Government research did make the first computer. But colleges made the internet happen.

I am perfectly willing to say that he meant that 'it takes a village". If he has straightened us out somewhere please let me know. But he has not said that he retracts anything. OR meant it different, as far as I know. Somebody else made that happen, you didn't do it?

Now, I did not post the whole thing but here is a transcript.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-off ... e-virginia

04 Sep 2012 23:28 #20 by Blazer Bob

Wily Fox aka Angela wrote: you lie if you say you did not take his words out of context....go back to you bubbles... don't you ever tire of hating so much?

Come on. You are a great mediator. Do you really think that everyone that does not see it your way is a liar or a hater. You are smarter than that.

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds