Offshore Tactics Helped Increase Romneys’ Wealth

03 Oct 2012 14:47 #21 by BearMtnHIB
It's Obama's policies- and to be fair- some of those policies were used under Bush as well. The policy of "bailing out losers"- is so damaging to our economy it's not even funny.

But it's been 4 years now, and those are Obama's policies now- and this is Obama's recession. Maybe we will not convince the LJ's of the world, but all we need is 50.1%.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Oct 2012 15:04 #22 by Dadirtykid

BearMtnHIB wrote: Maybe we will not convince the LJ's of the world, but all we need is 50.1%.

Actually, in a 2 person race somebody could win the Electorial College with less than 40% of the overall popular vote. They would just have to win the right areas. I did a paper on it a few years back. I'll have to find it.

Napalm sticks to kids.
Sometimes I would love to take a big stick and knock the stupid out of people.

03 Oct 2012 15:20 #23 by FredHayek

Dadirtykid wrote:

BearMtnHIB wrote: Maybe we will not convince the LJ's of the world, but all we need is 50.1%.

Actually, in a 2 person race somebody could win the Electorial College with less than 40% of the overall popular vote. They would just have to win the right areas. I did a paper on it a few years back. I'll have to find it.

Interesting, everything would have to fall into place, like California & New York voting 90% for Obama and nearly all the other states having Romney win by 51%.

I saw your name and first thought it was another VL alias. Instead it was an intelligent addition to the dialogue. :thumbsup:

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

03 Oct 2012 16:54 #24 by PrintSmith

Democracy4Sale wrote: No, Hoover just caused the Great Depression... That worked out well....

And Bush caused the worst Recession SINCE the Great Depression... That worked out well, too.....

Another interesting tidbit of history regarding both of these presidents and their successors. Both presidents tried to forestall the economic hit by expanding federal government spending, or "stimulating" the economy, both failed to do so. Both of their successors doubled down on the policy that didn't work for their predecessor only to find that it didn't work for them either and in both instances the length and depth of the economic downturn was enhanced by their attempts to do more of what failed to stop the train in the first place.

03 Oct 2012 17:44 #25 by LadyJazzer

BearMtnHIB wrote: but all we need is 50.1%.

Well, seeing as how he's already told 47% that they are moochers, takers, and Randroid scum, that mean's he's only got 3.1% to play with...

04 Oct 2012 13:17 - 04 Oct 2012 14:09 #26 by FredHayek

Democracy4Sale wrote:

BearMtnHIB wrote: but all we need is 50.1%.

Well, seeing as how he's already told 47% that they are moochers, takers, and Randroid scum, that mean's he's only got 3.1% to play with...

But some of the smarter 47% realize they would rather be getting raises and better jobs versus extended unemployment benefits. And Obama has shown little ability to create good jobs no matter how much he spends. Sure Obama has created five million jobs over four years, but you have to work three of them at once to be able to afford to live.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

04 Oct 2012 13:53 #27 by LadyJazzer
Since only 1% of the 47% are people on welfare, that would mean that the other 46% who are retirees, elderly, disabled, veterans, active-duty military, and people who are working hard/employed/frequently working more than one job, but making less than $26,000/year would say you're a lying PoS.

04 Oct 2012 17:16 #28 by Grady

Democracy4Sale wrote: No, Hoover just caused the Great Depression... That worked out well....

And Bush caused the worst Recession SINCE the Great Depression... That worked out well, too.....

Damn; I was begining to think there might be a thread without a blame Bush comment. :Koolaid: Oh well maybe tomorrow.

04 Oct 2012 17:17 #29 by LadyJazzer
Yeah, the facts just keep coming back to bite you, don't they? They're such stubborn things...

:lol:

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds