This could get ugly

24 May 2010 21:39 #1 by ScienceChic
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor ... =127095902
Korean Crisis May Lead To Greater U.S. Military Role

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 May 2010 21:57 #2 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic This could get ugly
This has the potential to get out of control fast. I've been wondering why the media isn't all over this. The N Korean gov.is itching to make an ugly scene. This will blow up to a crisis in the next week or two

24 May 2010 22:02 #3 by conifermtman
Replied by conifermtman on topic This could get ugly
When you act weak you will be tested. Right now Obama looks like a wuss and midget leader of North Korea is testing the waters.

24 May 2010 22:07 #4 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic This could get ugly
Think South Korea really needs to step up since US forces are occupied elsewhere.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

24 May 2010 22:32 #5 by Wayne Harrison
Replied by Wayne Harrison on topic This could get ugly
Maybe Kim Jong-il knows we've got all our soldiers in two wars and have even been using our national guard reserves for tours.. and we're basically stretched too thin to do anything. And WHO was it that got us into this?

Answer: The same guy who decided to go after non-existent weapons of mass destruction while ignoring the fact that North Korea was developing nuclear capability and a long range missile capable of hitting the United States. I never figured out why Bush thought Iraq was a bigger threat than North Korea.

24 May 2010 22:40 #6 by conifermtman
Replied by conifermtman on topic This could get ugly

WayneHarrison wrote: Maybe Kim Jong-il knows we've got all our soldiers in two wars and have even been using our national guard reserves for tours.. and we're basically stretched too thin to do anything. And WHO was it that got us into this?

Answer: The same guy who decided to go after non-existent weapons of mass destruction while ignoring the fact that North Korea was developing nuclear capability and a long range missile capable of hitting the United States. I never figured out why Bush thought Iraq was a bigger threat than North Korea.

Obama has been in charge for a while now. Why has he not changed things to your liking? After all he has the power to do so.

24 May 2010 23:11 #7 by Wayne Harrison
Replied by Wayne Harrison on topic This could get ugly
As I stated. Our our troops are tied up in Iraq and Afghanistan.

It's too late now, anyway. We should have done more when we had the capability.

25 May 2010 05:06 #8 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic This could get ugly

conifermtman wrote: When you act weak you will be tested. Right now Obama looks like a wuss and midget leader of North Korea is testing the waters.

AGREED!

25 May 2010 10:48 #9 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic This could get ugly

WayneHarrison wrote: Maybe Kim Jong-il knows we've got all our soldiers in two wars and have even been using our national guard reserves for tours.. and we're basically stretched too thin to do anything. And WHO was it that got us into this?

Actually North Korea was a bugbear for Clinton too, and I don't really know what you can do about it short of invading. 20 years of sanctions have done little to stem NK. This saber rattling might finally solve the issue. A classic pincer movement, with China crossing the river border and meeting up with ROK & US forces crossing the DMZ. Our ground forces are stretched thin, but the Air Force and Navy are fairly free.

BTW, North Korea just put their military on alert.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

25 May 2010 10:54 #10 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic This could get ugly
Do I hear war drums off in the distance?

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds