Park County Credit Card Big Spender TOP 5

27 Jul 2010 17:04 #31 by AV8OR
Did I hear someone mention (((recall)))?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Jul 2010 17:28 #32 by Tilt
Promises, promises

27 Jul 2010 17:57 #33 by bailey bud
I'm guessing some of the items on Mr. Kinz's card were personal - and (hopefully) weren't paid by the county.

He seems to have attended numerous professional development meetings.

They can add up, really quick.

27 Jul 2010 18:19 - 23 Jun 2013 16:55 #34 by major bean

Regards,
Major Bean

27 Jul 2010 20:27 #35 by Residenttroll returns
Anyone found the credit card points?

27 Jul 2010 20:42 #36 by mama bear

major bean wrote:

Wayne Harrison wrote: I'm not a Park County resident but I did see something in the county credit card charges that really infuriates me.

Some employees, like Sheriff Fred, have a county provided vehicle that they use instead of their own car.

So the county pays for the car and the county pays for the gas... thus saving the employee thousands of dollars a year. But the county employee, who pays nothing for transportation, charges Park County taxpayers to wash the county car. That really takes a lot of gall.

How about a contract that says, "We'll provide you with a car. We'll pay the gas for it. Keeping it clean is YOUR responsibility." ??

Every morning, between 6:00 & 6:30 AM I pass a black police SUV going south on 285. It comes up Turkey Creek Canyon on its way to Park County. I have met this SUV at various places along 285 every weekday morning for the past year and half, except for the last 2 months.

[/b]

That could be Mark Hancock. He lives in Westminster. He's been driving to and from work in his patrol car for years! I would really like this to be stopped! I feel that all county cars need to remain in the county and the employees who live "out" of county need to drive their PV to and from a location where they pick up/drop off the patrol car within the county. What a waste of money to we taxpayers! There are definitely areas that are easy to cut back on in the budget. If I ran my household like they run the county, I'd be on welfare!!

27 Jul 2010 20:45 #37 by Residenttroll returns
Deputies should be required to live in the same county they serve.

27 Jul 2010 20:52 #38 by mama bear
It used to be that way...Except for Mark....He was always an exception...But things have changed since 2006. I don't know how many, but, there are more deputies living outside the county and still have their patrol cars for take home.

27 Jul 2010 22:53 #39 by shilohloki
I can understand allowing deputies to live outside the county, we have a small base here from which to hire. Barring the fact that you are on either the SWAT or SORT teams, it shouldn't matter where you live. It doesn't most other places. However, that being said, you should not have the county paying your gas/car just because you choose to live that far out. That's your own responsibility.

27 Jul 2010 23:18 #40 by Local_Historian
I have many words, most inappropriate - so I'm gonna just say - what the what?

This is why we don't have money for necessary programs.

And now I want proof that fishing access was paid for by him - i want to see proof he paid the credit card back.

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds