Police draw guns on raw-milk sellers

27 Jul 2010 21:40 #11 by outdoor338
VL....I see ya missed me...I heard on my scanner someone fitting your description fell down a well head first..well, I guess it wasn't you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Jul 2010 22:46 #12 by Local_Historian
OMG- these people had milk, cheese and yogurt - clearly hardened crimminals.

Worried about it being raw milk? Then pasturize it yourself - my grandmother used to do this, it's so damn simple. A very simple how to - http://www.ehow.com/how_2069382_pasteur ... -home.html .

Personally, I find this pitiful. Arresting someone for selling foods outside a supermarket. Watch for raids on farmer's markets!

Frickin stupid.

27 Jul 2010 23:57 #13 by Mr Peabody
Hmmm.. It sounds as if we could convince the FDA that the illegals (sorry, I meant undocumented immigrants) were bringing raw milk into the country, they would have the border sealed immediately. :Whistle

28 Jul 2010 04:53 #14 by Rockdoc

Mr Peabody wrote: Hmmm.. It sounds as if we could convince the FDA that the illegals (sorry, I meant undocumented immigrants) were bringing raw milk into the country, they would have the border sealed immediately. :Whistle

Good one. I'm glad someone is thinking.

I do not know how I avoided TB, or how I managed to live as long as I have with all that raw milk I drank growing up. Ok sometimes mother would heat it to a boil, but most of the time we just drank it raw... with all that rich cream ummmmmmm good.

28 Jul 2010 08:38 #15 by Grady

major bean wrote: Whoa! Have you fellers seen the drastic rise in tuberculosis? It is being brought into the U.S. from Mexico. The reason that Mexico has such a high rate of TB is because they do not pasturize their milk. They immigrate illegally and bring TB into the our country. We have come a long way in providing safe milk for the millions of us citizens and now we want to forget how we eradicated this disease in the U.S. That is rather short sighted. Our government has the responsibility to safeguard the public safety.

Now, let's talk about a bunch of morons..................

Yes the rise in TB cases can be attributed to the numbers of illegals sneaking across our borders and staying here. But to say it’s because they drink raw milk in their home country is just wrong. TB is an airborne transmitted disease.

Tuberculosis (TB) is an infectious disease that usually infects the lungs, but can attack almost any part of the body. Tuberculosis is spread from person to person through the air. When a person with TB in their lungs or throat coughs, laughs, sneezes, sings, or even talks, the germs that cause TB may spread through the air. If another person breathes in these germs, there is a chance that they will become infected with tuberculosis.
It is not easy to become infected with tuberculosis. Usually a person has to be close to someone with TB disease for a long period of time. TB is usually spread between family members, close friends, and people who work or live together. TB is spread most easily in closed spaces over a long period of time.

http://www.lungusa.org/lung-disease/tub ... swodmQatYA

This whole this with the raw milk is another example of the nanny state.
Side note: I bet the number of new TB cases in Arizona drops dramatically in the next year, unless the feds are able to stop Arizona.

28 Jul 2010 13:23 #16 by AspenValley
I'd be willing to bet this has little to do with concern for food safety and everything to do with corporate lobbyists trying to ensure the artisanal farmers and cheesemakers don't cut too far into their monopolies.

28 Jul 2010 13:45 #17 by The Viking

AspenValley wrote: I'd be willing to bet this has little to do with concern for food safety and everything to do with corporate lobbyists trying to ensure the artisanal farmers and cheesemakers don't cut too far into their monopolies.

Kind of sounds like the old Chicago Mafia that ran the unions doesn't it? We will let them make a little money but if they start to affect our profits too much we will break some legs to send a message. I wonder where that came from. Hmmmmm??????

28 Jul 2010 18:13 - 28 Jul 2010 19:20 #18 by major bean
I know of an instance here in Colo where TB was transmitted at the coffee pot in the break room at work. The workers shared a plastic spoon to put sugar into their coffee and stir. One immigrant woman had TB. Now 3 people at that work place have TB.

What good does it do for me to pasturize my own milk at home and go to work and assiciate with you who have contracted TB from a cow? You need to read a little history of why pasturization was implemented in the first place. Contagious disease is not funny and must be considered in the light of "Love thy neighbor".

Everything that I have read in this thread is cock-eyed, suck-tooth smug nonsense.

Regards,
Major Bean

28 Jul 2010 19:06 #19 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Police draw guns on raw-milk sellers

Local_Historian wrote: OMG- these people had milk, cheese and yogurt - clearly hardened crimminals.

Worried about it being raw milk? Then pasturize it yourself - my grandmother used to do this, it's so damn simple. A very simple how to - http://www.ehow.com/how_2069382_pasteur ... -home.html .

Personally, I find this pitiful. Arresting someone for selling foods outside a supermarket. Watch for raids on farmer's markets!

Frickin stupid.

You guys really are somthing aren't ya? Where were you guys when the Patriot Act got shoved down our throats? Oh yeah, you were cheerleading and waving little flags..You dopes created this police state-Cause you were scared of terrorists, remember?

28 Jul 2010 19:18 #20 by major bean
Here is a link about the milk debate as it appears in Wikipedia. (I realize that Wikipedia is not the end-all source of information, but here it is):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_raw_milk_debate

Regards,
Major Bean

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds