Police draw guns on raw-milk sellers

28 Jul 2010 19:50 #21 by LOL
Interesting MB, learned alot. I don't drink milk much anyway, but good to know.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Aug 2010 00:21 #22 by Silent Lucidity

AspenValley wrote: I'd be willing to bet this has little to do with concern for food safety and everything to do with corporate lobbyists trying to ensure the artisanal farmers and cheesemakers don't cut too far into their monopolies.

Exactly what I was thinking. Everyone should see Food Inc.

01 Aug 2010 07:45 #23 by The Viking

Vice Lord wrote:

Local_Historian wrote: OMG- these people had milk, cheese and yogurt - clearly hardened crimminals.

Worried about it being raw milk? Then pasturize it yourself - my grandmother used to do this, it's so damn simple. A very simple how to - http://www.ehow.com/how_2069382_pasteur ... -home.html .

Personally, I find this pitiful. Arresting someone for selling foods outside a supermarket. Watch for raids on farmer's markets!

Frickin stupid.

You guys really are somthing aren't ya? Where were you guys when the Patriot Act got shoved down our throats? Oh yeah, you were cheerleading and waving little flags..You dopes created this police state-Cause you were scared of terrorists, remember?

I have asked this before and never gotten a legitimate response. How has the Patriot Act really affected or hurt your life? And which personal rights and freedoms of yours were taken away by this? Or is this just another left wing talking point that people are trained to say to deflect from real issues?

01 Aug 2010 10:00 #24 by Tilt
Vice Lord, yes a very left forum site. Seems to be room for
common sense to sneak in. They love to change the subject.

Patriot Act has brought out every little wanna be dictator
who has worked their way into our political system., with
Immunity!!. The Consitutional abuses this ongoing act
can best be displayed in many court cases. Best example
is Pottawattamie v McGhee(its OK for prosecutors, judges
and their fellow actors to frame you, with full immunity)..

01 Aug 2010 11:09 #25 by major bean
It is not just left wingers who are outraged about the Patriot Act. To be conservative is to be extremely reluctant to mess with our civil liberties. Now the gov can snoop concerning what books you read or just about anything that you do in life, and then deny that they have snooped because it involves national security. They can prosecute you in court and have secret evidence that you are not allowed to see, hear, or defend yourself against.
Republicans or Democrats; they are the same ilk. Rah! Rah! Go team spirit! That is all that those two parties stand for.

Regards,
Major Bean

01 Aug 2010 12:34 #26 by Local_Historian

Vice Lord wrote:

Local_Historian wrote: OMG- these people had milk, cheese and yogurt - clearly hardened crimminals.

Worried about it being raw milk? Then pasturize it yourself - my grandmother used to do this, it's so damn simple. A very simple how to - http://www.ehow.com/how_2069382_pasteur ... -home.html .

Personally, I find this pitiful. Arresting someone for selling foods outside a supermarket. Watch for raids on farmer's markets!

Frickin stupid.

You guys really are somthing aren't ya? Where were you guys when the Patriot Act got shoved down our throats? Oh yeah, you were cheerleading and waving little flags..You dopes created this police state-Cause you were scared of terrorists, remember?

Once again assuming you know my life. At that time, I lived 15 blocks from one of the biggest ammo dumps in the country. I wasn't waving any damn flag, I was trying to find a way to get my husband home from across country since no flights were going, and taking the advice of military friends to have things packed and ready to go, and not sleeping, waiting for the phone call to come to leave. Half the city I lived in locked down, schools closed for several days, and yes, people were scared.

Talk to my brother in law who got to watch the towers fall from the other side of the river - to this day, it is NOT something you joke about or talk sh** about to him or anyone he knows. He'll happily knock you flat for it. A close friend of mine, by the purest of damn luck, narrowly escaped getting blown up at the Pentagon. (But knowing you, next you're going to come up with another lie, claim you were in the towers.)

BUT, I am not a proponent of the patriot act, there are a lot of personal freedoms lost like not being able to travel without every damn thing in my possession fully scrutinized, unless I go by car. And even then, I cannot drive into Mexico or Canada anymore without having a damn good reason to be there - and a day trip for fun is no longer a damn good reason. People needing a passport up where I lived as a kid, just to go to work or to see family.

Moment I saw Bush get up to speak, all I could think of was a truckload of redneck vigilantes with their shotguns, out to kill anyone with a skin color that wasn't pure lilly white. At that point, my own damn government scared me more than any threat from another country, real or percieved, could. I'm personally damn glad the term limit WAS put into place, and I waited in dread for Bush to rescind it. OH, and I voted against him and everyone like him, every time.

It's one of the reasons I live here, and someday will live more remotely. It's one of the reasons I'm terrified of my son going into the Marines, because of the things it could do to him even if he never gets shot or injured. I worry he will become like my godfather who was a POW in Vietnam, who lived with us when he came home finally. I've never before and never since seen anyone so messed up, though some of my friends who came back from the Gulf came close.

But you wouldn't get it - you'll never get it. When people are having guns drawn on them for having raw milk - and raw milk only, we've gone way the f*** too far, and the focus is way off. Yet all around us, up here are meth labs, pot fields, people who hide up here for more nefarious reasons than wanting to get out of the city - and that's the way it is in ANY rural area. Yet we go after the people with milk. Yay us. What a great government we have.

Don't call my stupid terms you don't understand, or think you know my life or motives for the things I do. In fact, do my a favor and never address me again, here or in public.

Yes, I am choosing to take this personally - a choice I have made- because I don't have time or room in my life for people like you. I wouldn't interview you for anything, but I'd testify against you - get the difference? Now go away, go back to lying to your wife and acting like you're a big man. People are learning the difference.

Time to create page: 0.135 seconds