Meet the Candidates July 27 - disappointing!

28 Jul 2010 09:19 #11 by CC
He apparently had a prior engagement per his email to the moderator.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Jul 2010 09:38 #12 by RHT08
My guess would be posting his resume on Monster!!!! "Self proclaimed hero commander needs work!!!! I have the only qualifications to be Commander and have many awards from the Flume!! " rofllol :woo hoo: And to say this meeting was dissapointing?? I guess so if you were there and you have something to hide!!!!! Guilty conscious anyone????

28 Jul 2010 10:16 #13 by CC

28 Jul 2010 12:12 #14 by shilohloki
Just watched the video, I thought it was pretty good!
Whoever in the audience that mentioned contacting her if you want to meet up with Wayne from the FBI - please contact me! I want to be there. PM me, or if you can put me in contact with that lady of she isn't on here, PM me too.

28 Jul 2010 12:20 #15 by I am Woman

CinnamonGirl wrote: You know this stuff is all subjective, right? And how questions are asked should not have much to do with the outcome.

The best way to look at a debate is to listen to all questions and all sides then make a decision. There is alot of yay team stuff here rather than, real thought. I see alot of people that do not like Fred so would you change your mind anyway? I would like to see a little more unbiased discussion. And discuss the issues not the candidates all the time. It seems the only issues that pop up are credit cards and how to get people out of office.

What issues does park county face?

I'm not sure what you are asking, CinnamonGirl. After watching some of the meetings in person and watching the rest on video I feel like I have a good understanding of the county issues. There is concern about a jail that is over budget and very expensive to operate. People feel this issue needs to be resolved. There has been a great deal of concern expressed about wasteful spending, lack of accountability and unnecessary expenses. This seems like a very real issue that must be addressed. 2009 budget to train our law enforcement officers seemed too small to be effective. I consider training paramount to good law enforcement. Many have questioned expensive dinners and hotel charges on the county credit cards. Fiscal transparency is a legitimate issue as far as I'm concerned. Many of these issues would logically revolve around the individuals behind the desk. If they truly have not been acting in the best interest of the community, replacing them seems to be a good first step. The seriousness and number of lawsuits filed against our law enforcement agency are horrible. I agree with others that this is a very serious issue facing Park County. Often, the person and the issue are inseparable. I'm certain that people have looked at the issues in making their decisions.

28 Jul 2010 13:10 #16 by ColoradoXprss

CinnamonGirl wrote: The best way to look at a debate is to listen to all questions and all sides then make a decision. There is alot of yay team stuff here rather than, real thought. I see alot of people that do not like Fred so would you change your mind anyway? I would like to see a little more unbiased discussion. And discuss the issues not the candidates all the time. It seems the only issues that pop up are credit cards and how to get people out of office.

What issues does park county face?

First of all, this was NOT a debate, it was a "Meet the Candidates" where audience/citizen participation was encouraged by the Park County Candidates of the Park County Residents to ask their questions. IMHO there were many "REAL THOUGHT" questions asked to all the candidates and they all responded in kind as well as discussed the issues. Not sure where you were during this 3 hours "Meet the Candidates", but clearly not the one I witnessed. Secondly, there are a lot and I do mean a lot of financial spending issues which need to be addressed within the county, there are numerous credit card charges which should have been scrutinized way before the purchases where ever made; a "checks and balance" system needs to be in place which there is not. I for one am not going to continually sit back and allow our Park County elected officials to spend, spend, spend without accountability to the people of this County. It's morally and ethically wrong and if we the people do not step up and fight for what we believe in and do something to get our County back on track and make it profitable and a place where others would want to come and live and have their children grow up here, then "YOU" have no one to blame but yourselves. Hell maybe I should run for an office!!!
:-) :woo hoo: :wink:

28 Jul 2010 13:15 #17 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Meet the Candidates July 27 - disappointing!
Hi,

The videos are great information and a great resource. I was talking about the discussions on the forums.

28 Jul 2010 17:24 #18 by Cadillacokeefe
We found the meeting to be both entertaining & informative, and we thought that both the moderator and the candidates had a pretty good attitude about the questions, the timing and the whole event in general. Lots of questions asked & answered in a much more relaxed format than the debates. :thumbsup:

I have a question though - towards the beginning of the meeting someone "outed" a Denver Post reporter who was in the back of the room - anybody know why he was there, what he was covering and when the story/article/op-ed piece is going to run? I didn't know that the "big city" paper was so interested in our little old county... :huh: :popcorn:

28 Jul 2010 17:31 #19 by CC
He was doing a story on the hotly contested races around the state.
Many more people appear to be running for office this year and I believe he was exploring that.
The piece is supposed to run on Friday....I think

28 Jul 2010 17:32 #20 by CC
Cadillacokeefe, I love your signature.

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds