Meet the Candidates July 27 - disappointing!

27 Jul 2010 21:15 #1 by saraskyler
That was the most poorly run meeting I have ever been to. The moderator was rude to the candidates (Mark in particular), i think she thought she was funny. She allowed cross talk, and allowed the audience to go on and on giving their opinion on how things are run now and not even asking the candidates a question. All this after she stated that Robertsons Rules of Order would be followed - right, think she needed to read the rules

The newer candidates Tammy, Samantha and Michael were well spoken with great ides. Disappointed in Lillian's attitude in that she repeatedly rolled her eyes at comments made by the others, we aren't back in grade school.

Not sure what the "agenda" was for this meeting but was definitely not to meet the candidates.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Jul 2010 05:33 #2 by Let the Wildlife run PC
On the contrary.... their were SO MANY questions answered. Thats all I heard all night were questions towards the candidates, and not just an answer from one, but folks would ask their questions of all 3 commissioner candidates, and get answers. I believe this was the most informative "meet the candidates" and organized of all of them. It was so great that we the community were able to ask (any) questions, and not be a part of the "paid for by Fred" PCRCC redicules written, screened and memorized questions that no-one wanted to hear about. We finally heard the truth about our Jail in and that it will be broke by 2012, but we will STILL have to pay for it, "their is no contract for inmates". We got to hear many questions in regards to "what happens in the real world when members of Law Enforcement breaks the law" what SHOULD have happened. How folks have lost their respect and faith in our Law Enforcement from them holding so many secrets from us.

I also beleive that the commisioner candidates did very well at answering all the questions. Lillian really wants a change for transparency, and to stop the frivilous spending within the Sheriff Office and thoughout.

This meeting was completely "orderly", no yelling, no dis-respect. People finally got to speak and ask real questions of the realities that are occuring within our Sheriffs Office. How people don't want to be intimidated and kept from illegal wrong-doings within the Sheriffs Office anymore!!! We want to take our County back and stop the "behind closed door" lawsuits against our SO.

I felt it was the best of all meetings, even all of the candidates were relaxed and joking around a little. They were finally listening to US without the interruption of lies. I bet you could ask any one of our candidates how they felt about last night, and they would all state that, "that's the way these meetings should be" afterall, these meeting are for us, the ones that pay their paychecks. It was completely comfortable, and very informative!!

28 Jul 2010 06:32 #3 by Tilt
Although, Lillian did have two prior chances(temp commissioner)
to show her stuff and nothing happened.

28 Jul 2010 07:10 #4 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Meet the Candidates July 27 - disappointing!
You know this stuff is all subjective, right? And how questions are asked should not have much to do with the outcome.

The best way to look at a debate is to listen to all questions and all sides then make a decision. There is alot of yay team stuff here rather than, real thought. I see alot of people that do not like Fred so would you change your mind anyway? I would like to see a little more unbiased discussion. And discuss the issues not the candidates all the time. It seems the only issues that pop up are credit cards and how to get people out of office.

What issues does park county face?

28 Jul 2010 07:33 #5 by saraskyler
I would have liked to have heard more of what they were about and issues they believe in. Seems to be just a lot of rantings from audience about their dissatisfaction with SO, jail and issues personal to them (that the audience didn't really know about). I was there to hear the candidates speak to see what they had to offer PC.

As the coroner and sheriff candidates had no opposition there, it was good to hear where they were coming from. Impressed with both of them.

I have been to alot of meet the candidates meetings and the moderator let the meeting get out of hand, very unprofessional.

28 Jul 2010 07:46 - 28 Jul 2010 10:35 #6 by CC
The video is up. People can see for themselves.

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" www.285bound.com/Forums/video.php?page=5 " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">video.php?page=5<!-- l -->

I personally thought it was extremely informative.
Lot's of great questions asked.

28 Jul 2010 07:51 #7 by Let the Wildlife run PC
What a wonderful evening at the "Meet the Candidates". We were all within our Constitutional rights, being able to speak without muzzles put on our mouths or intimidation..... finally, we were HEARD!!!! It was the most comfortable, and relaxed "Meet the Candidates" since this whole thing started. Everyone, FINALLY got to ask their questions, and get direct, truthful, honest, informed, intellegent answers. WAY TO GO GUYS, you ALL rocked last night. It felt wonderful being part of a community united on all the issues, in wanting the "real" answers. Felt kinda like one big happy family. You are all the change we so desperately need!!!! :thumbsup:

28 Jul 2010 07:53 #8 by Let the Wildlife run PC

28 Jul 2010 08:03 #9 by jf1acai
Great job getting the videos posted so quickly!!

:10/10: :party :Thank you

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

28 Jul 2010 08:20 #10 by Scooby72
Watching the video now, any word on why FW wasn't there?

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds