I hope this is not true

25 May 2010 12:36 #11 by netdude
Replied by netdude on topic I hope this is not true

pchistory wrote: "On Monday, Obama is scheduled to participate in a Memorial Day ceremony at Abraham Lincoln National Cemetery in Elwood, Ill.

In Obama's absence, Vice President Joe Biden will participate in the customary wreath-laying ceremony at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier at Arlington National Cemetery outside Washington."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 03106.html

In other words.... JAPRTP

Just
Another
Petty
Right-wing
Talking
Point

Oh... the right wing blogo'o'sphere is chatting this same thing up.... so at least we know it's source.

http://michellemalkin.com/2010/05/25/ap ... -memorial/

:Whistle
:Koolaid:

Edited to add: During a previous republican presidents term, I complained allot about things, allot... but not this kind of petty 6th grade stuff, it was issues with policy... but not this kind of crap.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 May 2010 12:44 #12 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic I hope this is not true

netdude wrote:

pchistory wrote: "On Monday, Obama is scheduled to participate in a Memorial Day ceremony at Abraham Lincoln National Cemetery in Elwood, Ill.

In Obama's absence, Vice President Joe Biden will participate in the customary wreath-laying ceremony at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier at Arlington National Cemetery outside Washington."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 03106.html

In other words.... JAPRTP

Just
Another
Petty
Right-wing
Talking
Point

Oh... the right wing blogo'o'sphere is chatting this same thing up.... so at least we know it's source.

http://michellemalkin.com/2010/05/25/ap ... -memorial/

:Whistle
:Koolaid:

Edited to add: During a previous republican presidents term, I complained allot about things, allot... but not this kind of petty 6th grade stuff, it was issues with policy... but not this kind of crap.

I don't think it is just another talking point. I think it is pretty significant. President Bush never missed one while he had troops in 2 wars. Obama, after just having a vacation feels the need for another one while he has hundreds of thousands of our military in harms way, during a National Holiday that is specifically for them. But he never has been one who really cared what others thought or how others felt.

25 May 2010 12:51 #13 by pchistory
Replied by pchistory on topic I hope this is not true

The Viking wrote: I don't think it is just another talking point. I think it is pretty significant. President Bush never missed one while he had troops in 2 wars. Obama, after just having a vacation feels the need for another one while he has hundreds of thousands of our military in harms way, during a National Holiday that is specifically for them. But he never has been one who really cared what others thought or how others felt.

Uh, Memorial Day is not a National Holiday specifically for the "hundreds of thousands of our military in harms (sic) way". It is a day of remembrance for those who have died in our nation's service.

http://www.usmemorialday.org/backgrnd.html

25 May 2010 13:35 #14 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic I hope this is not true
Come on, folks, oblama has a b-ball game it's a holiday.
BTW, I'll be at Beaver Ranch for the parade & lunch.

25 May 2010 13:45 #15 by Residenttroll returns
I heard that Teleprompter One was staying behind for the ceremony.

25 May 2010 13:50 #16 by The Viking

residenttroll wrote: I heard that Teleprompter One was staying behind for the ceremony.

:CryingLOL: Too funny! But if he did that, who is going to tell him when to clap and who to cheer for at the Blackhawks game? And I love your Avatar!

25 May 2010 13:55 #17 by The Viking

pchistory wrote:

The Viking wrote: I don't think it is just another talking point. I think it is pretty significant. President Bush never missed one while he had troops in 2 wars. Obama, after just having a vacation feels the need for another one while he has hundreds of thousands of our military in harms way, during a National Holiday that is specifically for them. But he never has been one who really cared what others thought or how others felt.

Uh, Memorial Day is not a National Holiday specifically for the "hundreds of thousands of our military in harms (sic) way". It is a day of remembrance for those who have died in our nation's service.

http://www.usmemorialday.org/backgrnd.html

Um....I know what Memorial Day is for. But in my opinion it is for all military Past and Present who served this nation! I honor those still alive and protecting this country on that day too. I think we should be honoring them everyday we have freedom! And why isn't he honoring those who died under his command in the last 16 months? Their lives aren't worth taking a day off to honor them?

25 May 2010 13:56 #18 by Residenttroll returns
Don't worry Viking, there's enough strings coming off his arms by the unions and banks...that someone pull them to cheer at the Blackhawks game.

27 May 2010 15:30 #19 by Photo-fish
Replied by Photo-fish on topic I hope this is not true
Is it Tradition? Seems to me that it has only been tradition for the last 3 or 4 sitting presidents. "in a time of war" - seems to be forever lately. He is s'posed to be at a ceremony in Illinois that day. I bet the folks at that ceremony will be most appreciative. He could be like others (ie. most) in this country, go camping and/or put a flag out, fire up the grill, throw horseshoes and drink beer.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

27 May 2010 16:39 #20 by PrintSmith
Replied by PrintSmith on topic I hope this is not true
And what better way could there be to celebrate the liberty purchased with their blood than to enjoy the freedom that they gave the last full measure of their devotion to secure for the posterity of the nation? Well, perhaps an assembled Congress repealing their evil deed from last Christmas Eve might actually be a better symbolic gesture, but apart from that I'm hard pressed to think of a better one.

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds