"Christmas" Tree Issues

08 Dec 2012 21:15 #21 by Hoot Owl
Replied by Hoot Owl on topic "Christmas" Tree Issues

Jekyll wrote: They were beyond help at least a thousand years before our country was founded!

It is amazing that their civilization has survived. Who are we to interupt them?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Dec 2012 21:15 #22 by Jekyll
Replied by Jekyll on topic "Christmas" Tree Issues

Hoot Owl wrote:

Jekyll wrote: They were beyond help at least a thousand years before our country was founded!

It is amazing that their civilization has survived. Who are we to interupt them?

Thank you

09 Dec 2012 07:49 #23 by navycpo7
Replied by navycpo7 on topic "Christmas" Tree Issues

Jekyll wrote:

navycpo7 wrote:

Raees wrote: Funny how nobody pushes saying "Peace on Earth" anymore.

Follow these direction and you will hear it alot

Go to US STATE DEPT

Get special permission to go to Afghanistan

Get Pentagon to allow travel via military aircraft

Go talk to the men and women serving over there right now. Some on their 8th or 9th deployment away from family. You will hear it alot.

Or at least, "Get us the hell outta here so we can be truly HOME for Christmas."

Off topic: If you only knew how much I truly support our guys. We SHOULD get outta there, and let those bas***** ice themselves. They were beyond help at least a thousand years before our country was founded!

You pretty much stated what a lot of us in the military and veterans have been saying for a couple of years. There have been some high rankng officer that have basically said the same thing and they are no longer in the military (told to retire). A country that for hundreds of years has never been conquered, and NATO is trying to do it. We should pull out, let NATO deal with it if they want to, but that corrupt Karazi will be gone within months once we pull out, he is actually part of the problem.

09 Dec 2012 08:53 #24 by Local_Historian
I'll note that when all the Peace on Earth signs were up- we were also in the midst of wars. Perhaps people lost hope?

09 Dec 2012 11:09 #25 by Jekyll

Local_Historian wrote: I'll note that when all the Peace on Earth signs were up- we were also in the midst of wars. Perhaps people lost hope?

Or lost "interest." Also, Nav, I agree.
As for "Christmas" versus "Happy Holidays," the first is tradition, but political correctness has engrained the second, I think someone else here said it as such. Too many people with "rights" over ours, and if we say anything about it, we're "facists."

09 Dec 2012 11:45 #26 by Raees
Replied by Raees on topic "Christmas" Tree Issues
I wonder what Navy thinks of the recorded video greetings from local military oversees? They all say "Happy Holidays."

09 Dec 2012 11:47 #27 by Jekyll

Raees wrote: I wonder what Navy thinks of the recorded video greetings from local military oversees? They all say "Happy Holidays."

So they don't get lynched by the media and those that could be "offended."

09 Dec 2012 17:07 #28 by Raees
Replied by Raees on topic "Christmas" Tree Issues

09 Dec 2012 17:10 #29 by Jekyll

Raees wrote:

Okaaaaaay, you need to renew your medication I see. :biggrin:

09 Dec 2012 19:12 #30 by navycpo7
Replied by navycpo7 on topic "Christmas" Tree Issues

Raees wrote: I wonder what Navy thinks of the recorded video greetings from local military oversees? They all say "Happy Holidays."

Not all, a few have said "I want to wish my wife and kids and merry christmas and happy new year". Me personally, its whatever they want to say. I don't think anything of it. Their choice. Nothing wrong with it.

Just so you don't have to ask another stupid question like that, I say merry christmas or happy holidays without thinking about it, whats the big deal, I really don't give a damn who I offend by it, they don't like it they carry their arse on. They want politically correct, I am the wrong person.

Merry Christmas folks.

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds