Republican Party Too Extreme, Majority Of Americans Say

20 Dec 2012 09:23 #1 by LadyJazzer

Republican Party Too Extreme, Majority Of Americans Say: Poll

For the first time, a majority of Americans now say the Republican Party is too extreme, according to a poll released Thursday by CNN/ORC.

Fifty-three percent of people, including 22 percent of Republicans, said the GOP's views and policies have pushed them beyond the mainstream. The number is up dramatically from previous years. In 2010, fewer than 40 percent thought the party was too extreme.

Democrats were considered to be a "generally mainstream" party by 57 percent in the new poll.

"That's due in part to the fact that the Republican brand is not doing all that well," said Keating Holland, CNN's polling director.

Americans also say that they have far more confidence in President Barack Obama than in congressional Republicans, and that Republicans should compromise more in finding bipartisan solutions.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/2 ... 37757.html

Here's what you have created... Here is why you are going down the road to oblivion.

And they think if they put a Hispanic face or a Black face on the stage or in front of a microphone that is somehow supposed to translate to: "Look! We gots minorities too!" While, at the same time, absolutely NOTHING has changed in the party, and their hatred of Hispanics, and their marginalization of Blacks, and their hatred of the LGBT community, and their War-on-Women, and their war on Seniors continues unabated...

You're running out of old, angry white guys....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Dec 2012 09:29 #2 by FredHayek
The results of having a slanted media and polling low information voters and non-voters.
When you actually ask them platform questions, the Republicans do much better with the public.

LJ, really another slanted post from the Lefty Huffington Post Blog? Do you ever quote more mainstream sources?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

20 Dec 2012 09:31 #3 by LadyJazzer
It's a CNN poll...

I'm sure that polls from FauxNews will probably be much more accurate...That worked so well in the election with RMoney... :lol: :lol:

Jus' keep doin' what yer doin'.... PLEASE...

20 Dec 2012 09:35 #4 by LadyJazzer

Moderate Republicans Need To Withhold Money To RNC: New Jersey GOP Fundraiser

WASHINGTON -- A national moderate Republican leader is urging fellow party members to stop donations to the Republican National Committee until their policies become less conservative.

Candace Straight, the co-chairwoman of Republican Majority for Choice, told The Huffington Post that the Republican Party's swing to the right, marked by the rise of the Tea Party, has been turning off swaths of voters including women, minorities and young professionals -- a trend that contributed to GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney's defeat. She said it is time for moderates to take a stand to show party leaders a change is needed.

"Personally I think people should withhold money to the Republican National Committee until they show they are a 'big tent' party," Straight said. "If people continue to give the party money, they are doubling down on a losing proposition."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/2 ... 35063.html

I suppose that Candace Straight, the co-chairwoman of the Republican Majority for Choice, is a HuffPo plant too... :lol:

20 Dec 2012 09:46 #5 by navycpo7
I changed back to independent. I am so fed up with Bonehead and his "we don't want to raise taxes on those making more than 400,000 and even making more than a million. For what ever reason he thinks he is the one being so right, The whole damn congress needs to go away. We need to start fresh. I have no problem with it as my taxes went up in january of this year.

20 Dec 2012 11:47 #6 by Soulshiner

FredHayek wrote: The results of having a slanted media and polling low information voters and non-voters.
When you actually ask them platform questions, the Republicans do much better with the public.

Source please.

When you plant ice you're going to harvest wind. - Robert Hunter

20 Dec 2012 11:50 #7 by FredHayek
Source? The House staying Republican, more Republican governors were added.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

20 Dec 2012 11:51 #8 by LadyJazzer
So, in other words, you have nothing to prove anything you say other than your mouth.... Got it.

The "House staying Republican"...You mean, minus the 17 teabaggers who were voted out... Got it.

Speaking of Governors:

Oh, and by the way, Michigan Gov. Snyder... Plummeted from a DISAPPROVAL rating of 37% to 56%... Say g'bye...

Florida's Rick Scott:

Most Florida voters, including Republicans, would like to see Gov. Rick Scott (R) challenged in 2014, according to a poll released Wednesday by Quinnipiac University.

More than half of voters said Scott didn't deserve a second term, and 55 percent, including 53 percent of Republicans, wanted another candidate to challenge the governor in a primary. Scott's approval ratings, though improved from 2011, were also underwater.

Wisconsin: Walker is toast on the next election...

Look for Kasick to be in trouble... Yeah... Tell me again in a couple of years how great the GOTP is doing...

I wouldn't put much money on Virginia's Governor-Vaginal-Probe either...

Yep... As usual, they overreached...

20 Dec 2012 12:04 #9 by akilina
Doubt it LJ. Gun Control will probably be front and center in 2014 and Dems don't want to be talking about that if they want to win. It will make it easier for tea party and others to get their candidates in. We are working on it!

IN NOVEMBER 2014, WE HAVE A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN OUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND ONE-THIRD OF THE SENATE! DONT BLOW IT!

“When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex. Only whit man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.” Indian Chief Two Eagles

20 Dec 2012 12:08 #10 by LadyJazzer
Oh...I keep forgetting... You guys have your own polls...FauxNews, Rasmussen, ... :lol:

Good luck with that...

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds