Republican Party Too Extreme, Majority Of Americans Say

20 Dec 2012 12:53 #21 by LadyJazzer
Yep...I keep forgetting... You guys have your own polls...FauxNews, Rasmussen, ... :lol:

Good luck with that... How'd that work out for you last time?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Dec 2012 15:09 #22 by Soulshiner
The questions asked in the poll we are talking about.

1. Do you approve or disapprove of the way Barack Obama is handling his job as president?

2. 1. Do you approve or disapprove of the way Barack Obama is handling his job as president?
1A. (IF APPROVE) Do you approve strongly, or only moderately?
1B. (IF DISAPPROVE) Do you disapprove strongly, or only moderately?

3. Do you have more confidence in President Obama or in the Republicans in Congress to deal with the major issues facing the country today?

4. Do you approve or disapprove of the way John Boehner is handling his job as Speaker of the House?

5. Do you think it is good for the country or bad for the country that the Republican Party is in control
of the U.S. House of Representatives?

6. If the two parties can develop bipartisan solutions to the country's problems, which party do you
think should give up more of the proposals it supports -- the Democratic party or the Republican
party?

7. Overall, would you describe the views and policies of each of the following as too extreme, or as
generally mainstream?

8. As you may know, last year Congress and the President agreed to a program to reduce the federal deficit
that some people call the "fiscal cliff." Unless Congress and the President reach an agreement within the
next few weeks, tax rates will automatically rise in January for almost all Americans and major spending
cuts will automatically occur next year in most government spending programs, including military
programs.

If those automatic tax increases and spending cuts occur next year, do you think that would cause a
crisis, major problems, minor problems, or no problems at all for the United States?

9. If congress and the President do not reach an agreement by the end of the year and those automatic
tax increases and spending cuts occur, do you think that Barack Obama or the Republicans in
Congress would be more responsible for that?

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2012/image ... l18c-1.pdf

When you plant ice you're going to harvest wind. - Robert Hunter

20 Dec 2012 16:18 #23 by Mtn Gramma
Regardless of your political leanings, I find it amazing that the poll claims to represent the majority of Americans, given the numbers stated in the OP:

The CNN/ORC poll surveyed 620 adults by phone between Dec. 17 and Dec. 18, with a 4 percent margin of error.

20 Dec 2012 16:23 #24 by Martin Ent Inc
Majority of registered Democrats.

20 Dec 2012 19:30 #25 by gmule

Martin Ent Inc wrote: Majority of registered Democrats.

Agree :like:

20 Dec 2012 20:44 #26 by archer

Isn't that what y'all claimed when you saw the polls that had Obama winning a second term? Go ahead, stick your heads back in the sand and pretend all is ok with the Republican party.

20 Dec 2012 21:47 #27 by Blazer Bob

archer wrote:

Isn't that what y'all claimed when you saw the polls that had Obama winning a second term? Go ahead, stick your heads back in the sand and pretend all is ok with the Republican party.

There is not a soul in my circles that think all is OK with the republican party. How is everything with the democrat party?

20 Dec 2012 22:56 #28 by LadyJazzer

archer wrote:

Why, yes...It was... The polls "were weighted toward Democrats"... So they came up with their own doctored, "unweighted" polls... :lol: :rofllol :lol: :rofllol

How'd that work out for ya?

21 Dec 2012 07:47 #29 by PrintSmith

LadyJazzer wrote: Wisconsin: Walker is toast on the next election...

Seems to me you made similar predictions regarding his chances in the recall election. How'd that one work out for you?

21 Dec 2012 09:37 #30 by 2wlady
When I took statistics, any poll with a margin of error over 3+/- was getting pretty iffy.

What I'm hearing from some of you is that ANY poll should be thrown out. I'll remember that when you start spouting your Republican polls for the next issues and elections.

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds