Someone else who could have used some 'gun control'

11 Jan 2013 09:00 #11 by Rick

chickaree wrote: If you live a life built around violence, it can't surprise you to die a violent death. Even before we had guns, we killed each other.

As our country becomes more and more dependant and the population feels more and more entitled, I BELIEVE, we are creating more and more narcissists who will eventually snap when their own sick needs are not met. I'll bet whoever killed this guy thought of himself as some sort of hero for "the cause".

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Jan 2013 13:04 #12 by Raees

akilina wrote: They do in Ecuador where I volunteer even when they don't have guns.

What does the Army use there?

The defense forces of Ecuador are reported to have 134,000 firearms.

The estimated total number of guns held by civilians in Ecuador is 370,000.

n a comparison of the number of privately owned guns in 178 countries, Ecuador ranked at No. 96.

http://www.gunpolicy.org/firearms/region/ecuador

11 Jan 2013 13:23 #13 by akilina

Raees wrote:

akilina wrote: They do in Ecuador where I volunteer even when they don't have guns.

What does the Army use there?

The defense forces of Ecuador are reported to have 134,000 firearms.

The estimated total number of guns held by civilians in Ecuador is 370,000.

n a comparison of the number of privately owned guns in 178 countries, Ecuador ranked at No. 96.

http://www.gunpolicy.org/firearms/region/ecuador

It looks like you answered your own question. Wasn't referring to their defense forces. I was talking about individuals so poor who can't afford guns. Guess what? They still have weapons - spears with snake venom.

Ahhh but you knew all this, you just meant to harass.

IN NOVEMBER 2014, WE HAVE A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN OUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND ONE-THIRD OF THE SENATE! DONT BLOW IT!

“When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex. Only whit man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.” Indian Chief Two Eagles

11 Jan 2013 13:26 #14 by Raees
Ah, so when you stated "they don't have guns" you meant the people too poor to have guns don't have guns. Not that they don't have guns.

So that's pretty much ANY country then.

11 Jan 2013 13:30 #15 by akilina
Are we going to parse sentences for the rest of the thread and deflect from the thread?

IN NOVEMBER 2014, WE HAVE A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN OUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND ONE-THIRD OF THE SENATE! DONT BLOW IT!

“When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex. Only whit man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.” Indian Chief Two Eagles

11 Jan 2013 13:35 #16 by Raees
Just keeping the conversation honest. I'll have to consider my stance on poison-tipped spear control for Ecuador.

11 Jan 2013 13:53 #17 by BadgerKustoms

LadyJazzer wrote:

Keith Ratliff, a 32 year old guy from Georgia is a big ole gun fan. He had a You Tube channel where he promoted high-powered guns and explosives. It’s calledFPSRussia.

Ratliff, along with Kyle Lamar Myers, who appears in the popular online videos, operate the “FPSRussia” YouTube channel, which has 3.4 million subscribers. Videos posted on the channel have racked up more than a half-billion views. According to YouTube, FPSRussia is the ninth-most popular channel on the website.

Ratliff also operated a company out of Carnesville called FPS Industries. In video gamer jargon, FPS stands for first person shooter.

Best I can tell the YouTubes do nothing but celebrate anti-personnel weapons.

Well, Keith – who may well have been the best armed guy in Georgia, which is saying’ something – was found dead last week. A gunshot wound to the back of his head. At his business. You know, where he keeps his weapons.

Back to the drawing board on the that whole argument, Wayne.

Someone else who could have used some 'gun control'...(And I don't mean "using two hands.")

Wow, what a completely bias, largely inaccurate account of events cited... Keith was tied to a chair, and shot in an execution type style to the back of the head. The investigation continues and a murderer is still at large. (Or would you like to have all the guns in the vault arrested? Did one of those do it? And then lock themselves back up afterward so no one would suspect it?)

As it turns out, the world can indeed be a VERY small place:
Would you like to contact Kyle Myers directly on this matter and see if he'll clear up a few things? Perhaps he'd even voice it here and show how much foolishness is cited in your quote there LadyJazzer. That can indeed be arranged.

Keith was a behind the scenes guy for the whole FPSRussia/YouTube thing and not someone I ever got the pleasure to converse with sadly, and a very good friend of Kyle's. Kyle plays the Dimitri character seen in the episodes and gives factual information and history about various firearms and then shoots them on a designated and safe range. An interesting day job when you scratch only the surface of it.... and then you'd be wrong. You see FPS Industries (among other things) provides 'foley' or sound ready effects for various film and even video game production. Through the use of video and audio technology, the firearms direct role is to grab accurate sound. Don't know how many of you have been on a movie set, but when firearms are show there and they 'pop', well its a rather pathetic sounding thing, more so to benefit actor and SF/X, (that means special effects) reaction. Later on, foley techs, "people who make sounds" go in and edit in the correct, or at least objectionably believeable audio. Similar things go into the digitizing and illustrating of video games for that 'realism' aspect consumers demand. Sounds such as these coming from FPS Industries are rather sought after. The FPSRussia thing was basically born out of fun during their actual 'work'. I should also mention that there are a HUGE variety of firearms you'll see in FPSRussia episodes that are/were not owned by either Keith or Kyle, they were rentals often paid for by companies wanting to use a specific firearm for their production. Yes, they perhaps own quite a few themselves, but nothing near the amounts or classifications there/of, that they filmed and recorded.

And in closing, if anyone is interested, the FPSRussia bit did actually land Kyle Myers another job voice acting for a videogame developed by Treyarch and produced by Activision, Call of Duty Black Ops 2, in which Kyle plays a Russian named Dimitri. (But that's about the extent of my knowledge on that particular matter.) But I'm sure I can get MUCH, MUCH MORE! Always nice when the real facts are but an e-mail or phone call away huh? :thumbsup:

Just keep doing what you're doing.

Badger

11 Jan 2013 13:57 #18 by LadyJazzer
Oh, I plan to...

The bar here has been set so low, that it will be no problem.

11 Jan 2013 13:59 #19 by BadgerKustoms
I have to say, when half-truths and misinformation are all you're able to work with, and you're actually comfortable with it.... there is indeed a problem.

Badger

11 Jan 2013 14:01 #20 by LadyJazzer
Half-truths and misinformation were all we listened to from the Right during the whole election season; (indeed the last 4 years). As I said, the bar here has been set so low, that it will be no problem.

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds