Someone else who could have used some 'gun control'

10 Jan 2013 08:55 - 12 Jan 2013 10:17 #1 by LadyJazzer

Keith Ratliff, a 32 year old guy from Georgia is a big ole gun fan. He had a You Tube channel where he promoted high-powered guns and explosives. It’s calledFPSRussia.

Ratliff also operated a company out of Carnesville called FPS Industries. In video gamer jargon, FPS stands for first person shooter.

Best I can tell the YouTubes do nothing but celebrate anti-personnel weapons .

Well, Keith – who may well have been the best armed guy in Georgia, which is saying’ something – was found dead last week. A gunshot wound to the back of his head. At his business. You know, where he keeps his weapons.

Back to the drawing board on the that whole argument, Wayne.

http://juanitajean.com/2013/01/09/the-o ... ith-a-gun/

Someone else who could have used some 'gun control'...(And I don't mean "using two hands.")

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Jan 2013 09:05 #2 by FredHayek
This one is very interesting. Because many guns were left at the scene of the crime so it doesn't appear to be a burglary.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

10 Jan 2013 09:18 #3 by chickaree
He was a very funny man. That is sad, but it sounds like he was killed by someone he knew. No one thinks that being heavily armed will keep you 100% safe. Any soldier can tell you that. By the same token, the same person would likely have killed this guy with another instrument had a gun not been available.

10 Jan 2013 10:54 #4 by akilina
In Ecuador they use spears laced with snake venom. We better outlaw spears and snakes.

IN NOVEMBER 2014, WE HAVE A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN OUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND ONE-THIRD OF THE SENATE! DONT BLOW IT!

“When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex. Only whit man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.” Indian Chief Two Eagles

10 Jan 2013 12:20 #5 by archer

akilina wrote: In Ecuador they use spears laced with snake venom. We better outlaw spears and snakes.

Were you planning a move to Equador? And what does that have to do with the United States?

10 Jan 2013 12:56 #6 by Jekyll

archer wrote:

akilina wrote: In Ecuador they use spears laced with snake venom. We better outlaw spears and snakes.

Were you planning a move to Equador? And what does that have to do with the United States?

Maybe akilina is saying that if all firearms were outlawed effectively, we would be down to laced spears??? Dunno.

10 Jan 2013 19:48 #7 by The Boss

LadyJazzer wrote:

Keith Ratliff, a 32 year old guy from Georgia is a big ole gun fan. He had a You Tube channel where he promoted high-powered guns and explosives. It’s calledFPSRussia.

Ratliff, along with Kyle Lamar Myers, who appears in the popular online videos, operate the “FPSRussia” YouTube channel, which has 3.4 million subscribers. Videos posted on the channel have racked up more than a half-billion views. According to YouTube, FPSRussia is the ninth-most popular channel on the website.

Ratliff also operated a company out of Carnesville called FPS Industries. In video gamer jargon, FPS stands for first person shooter.

Best I can tell the YouTubes do nothing but celebrate anti-personnel weapons.

Well, Keith – who may well have been the best armed guy in Georgia, which is saying’ something – was found dead last week. A gunshot wound to the back of his head. At his business. You know, where he keeps his weapons.

Back to the drawing board on the that whole argument, Wayne.

Someone else who could have used some 'gun control'...(And I don't mean "using two hands.")

I am not sure I see why this has anything to do with gun control as a political issue with recent topics.

One gunshot wound. My sense is that we will be left with plenty of guns that would allow this to happen even under the strictest of bans being considered. This kind of sounds like an abortion doctor killing, perhaps someone hated guns so much they shot the guy.

10 Jan 2013 20:10 #8 by akilina

Jekyll wrote:

archer wrote:

Maybe akilina is saying that if all firearms were outlawed effectively, we would be down to laced spears??? Dunno.

You can legislate ad infinitum and people will still find ways to kill each other. They do in Ecuador where I volunteer even when they don't have guns.

IN NOVEMBER 2014, WE HAVE A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO CLEAN OUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE AND ONE-THIRD OF THE SENATE! DONT BLOW IT!

“When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex. Only whit man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that.” Indian Chief Two Eagles

11 Jan 2013 00:42 #9 by Jekyll

akilina wrote:

Jekyll wrote:

archer wrote:

You can legislate ad infinitum and people will still find ways to kill each other. They do in Ecuador where I volunteer even when they don't have guns.

Agreed.

11 Jan 2013 08:35 #10 by chickaree
If you live a life built around violence, it can't surprise you to die a violent death. Even before we had guns, we killed each other.

Time to create page: 0.149 seconds