What a GREAT IDEA!!!! Guns on College Campuses!!!

22 Jan 2013 20:05 #11 by Dadirtykid
My pistol was on a college campus today and no one was shot with it. I guess my gun isn't as evil as that gun in Texas.

Napalm sticks to kids.
Sometimes I would love to take a big stick and knock the stupid out of people.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Jan 2013 20:21 #12 by Rick

Dadirtykid wrote: My pistol was on a college campus today and no one was shot with it. I guess my gun isn't as evil as that gun in Texas.

Good for you. Hopefully you'll never have to use it... but if you do, you may give at least one person a fighting chance if faced with a maniac.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

22 Jan 2013 21:11 #13 by The Boss
Even if everyone agreed that there should be no guns on college campuses, or theaters or malls or within so many feet of something....

How is such a thing going to be enforced. Metal detectors? Checkpoints? I am just not sure that having the rules will change any of this as the cost to enforce such rules is extremely high (much higher than most insurance to pay out after) so businesses will no do it without regs...and then do you want to live in a checkpoint world, even if 500 or 5000 people a year die like this.

Again, even if you want the rules, how do you enforce them to make them meaningful and who will pay?

22 Jan 2013 21:14 #14 by Rick

on that note wrote: Even if everyone agreed that there should be no guns on college campuses, or theaters or malls or within so many feet of something....

How is such a thing going to be enforced. Metal detectors? Checkpoints? I am just not sure that having the rules will change any of this as the cost to enforce such rules is extremely high (much higher than most insurance to pay out after) so businesses will no do it without regs...and then do you want to live in a checkpoint world, even if 500 or 5000 people a year die like this.

Again, even if you want the rules, how do you enforce them to make them meaningful and who will pay?

Can't be enforced without serious breakthroughs in exray glasses.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

22 Jan 2013 21:21 #15 by Dadirtykid

on that note wrote: Even if everyone agreed that there should be no guns on college campuses, or theaters or malls or within so many feet of something....

The only people that obey those laws are legal gun owners. There truly is no way to enforce them without airport type security every where. So, they write other laws that they don't enforce to make everyone feel all warm and fuzzy and don't tackle the root of the problem.

Napalm sticks to kids.
Sometimes I would love to take a big stick and knock the stupid out of people.

22 Jan 2013 21:22 #16 by Rick

Dadirtykid wrote:

The only people that obey those laws are legal gun owners. There truly is no way to enforce them without airport type security every where. So, they write other laws that they don't enforce to make everyone feel all warm and fuzzy and don't tackle the root of the problem.

In a nutshell... :like:

George Orwell

22 Jan 2013 21:27 #17 by jf1acai
Yes, the whole thing about banning some weapons/magazines is nothing more than feel good bullshit, intended to make it look like something is being done while actually doing nothing at all about the problem, IMO.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds