LaPierre claims 'looters ran wild'...

14 Feb 2013 14:18 - 15 Feb 2013 20:53 #1 by LadyJazzer
Here is what Bat-Sh*t-Crazy looks like....

NRA chief LaPierre claims 'looters ran wild in south Brooklyn' after Sandy, but Coney Island residents say he is full of it

In Wayne’s world, “looters ran wild in south Brooklyn” and the National Guard was nowhere to be found after Hurricane Sandy struck the city. That is the “hellish world” that fear-mongering NRA chief Wayne LaPierre has conjured up in a column to counter the growing demand for gun control.

“There was no food, water, or electricity,” LaPierre wrote in an essay Wednesday for The Daily Caller, a conservative website. “And if you wanted to walk several miles to get supplies, you better get back before dark, or you might not get home at all.”

LaPierre also made the preposterous claim that Mayor Bloomberg “refused to allow the National Guard into the city to restore civil order because Guardsmen carry guns!”

Never mind that NYPD stats showed that serious crime plunged in the aftermath of Sandy or that looting in Coney Island was largely limited to a few stores including a Key Food supermarket where 11 people were arrested for making off with food, water, toilet paper and diapers.

Also never mind that armed National Guardsmen were patrolling south Brooklyn and actively helping in rescue and recovery after the storm.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nra ... -1.1264387

Scarborough: Wayne LaPierre op-ed is ‘so laced with racial overtones’

I don’t know where to start…yeah, it’s responsible to own a gun; it’s responsible to protect your family; it’s responsible to have a handgun in your house; it’s responsible to have a shotgun; it’s responsible to have a hunting rifle, but Wayne LaPierre is suggesting if you are against Americans being able to own assault weapons with 30-round, high-capacity magazines…and he said, Hispanic drug gangs are coming to America. And those terrible people in Brooklyn. Don’t go out after dark. I mean, this is so laced with racial overtones…the Republican Party, if they were smart, their leaders today would condemn it, but they’re not smart; they’re scared, and if they keep running scared they’re going to lose more votes, they’re going to get hammered in future elections if they allow this clown to continue to lead them around by their nose. They’re shameful; they need to be leaders.

http://tv.msnbc.com/2013/02/14/scarboro ... overtones/

If you look in the Urban Dictionary under "Bat-Sh*t-Crazy", you'll find a picture of LaPierre...

And tomorrow, he gives his lunatic rebuttal to the "State of the Union" speech.... at the "National Wild Turkey Federation"... :rofllol :lol:

I'm not making this up... How appropriate... "Wild Turkeys", listening to this certifiable nut-job expounding his cretin post-apocalyptic fantasies...

Nope...You CAN'T make this stuff up...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Feb 2013 18:01 #2 by The Boss
If they did or did not is not the point, they could and it is not unreasonable or unprecedented to have such a thing happen. But that is way to deep for this issue.

15 Feb 2013 18:25 #3 by Dumblonde
He said it, his followers will remember it as if it were true.

15 Feb 2013 22:02 #4 by LadyJazzer

on that note wrote: If they did or did not is not the point, they could and it is not unreasonable or unprecedented to have such a thing happen. But that is way to deep for this issue.

Y'know, I was thinking the same thing about Ted Cruz in an earlier post. We don't have any facts, or proof that he's a pedophile that molests little boys in public restrooms... But whether he "did or did not is not the point...[He] could, and it is not unreasonable or unprecedented to have such a thing happen"--as you so astutely pointed out.

God, I love right-wing spin, rationalizations, and apologetics... I could sit and watch it for hours.

(I assume you meant "too deep", and not "to deep"?)

15 Feb 2013 22:32 #5 by jf1acai
There were no problems in New Orleans after Katrina either.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

15 Feb 2013 22:57 #6 by archer

jf1acai wrote: There were no problems in New Orleans after Katrina either.

Who claimed that?

15 Feb 2013 23:41 #7 by LadyJazzer
Seems like the problems revolved around some New Orleans Police Officers convicted, sentenced and imprisoned for shooting and killing two unarmed men ... You mean like THAT kind of problem?

16 Feb 2013 08:12 #8 by ScienceChic

jf1acai wrote: There were no problems in New Orleans after Katrina either.

Yeah, actually there were (hubby's company was the one that cleaned New Orleans up after Katrina). They even sent National guard in and imposed a curfew. Hubby's company had problems with people trying to impersonate them (they had bought special shirts with their logo and embroidered with Hurricane Katrina Recovery and people were making their own fake shirt copies. They had to instruct anyone expecting them to confirm they were wearing the correct shirt and had proper ID - they didn't have to do anything like that in any other cleanup/job site, even Baghdad and Kabul).

NYC did not have issues to that extent, but I do remember reading about some looting happening in the very early aftermath. Not to the extent that LaPierre makes it sound. Hubby's company also had the contract to clean up Staten Island and the areas designated disaster areas in NJ after Sandy. Remind me to tell you sometime the funny story of all the temp workers they hired and brought in (especially the white boys from the south) and booked a hotel in the city for them, and what happened the evening they all showed up in black SUVs to unload their belongings and stay. :biggrin:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds