President's Day: Favorite President?

20 Feb 2013 17:22 #21 by Arlen

chickaree wrote: There are bigots and racists in all political parties. It is silly in the extreme to claim otherwise.

Name the leaders. If you do not, then you believe in fairy tales and propaganda of the Democratic party.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Feb 2013 17:24 #22 by ScienceChic

chickaree wrote: There are bigots and racists in all political parties. It is silly in the extreme to claim otherwise.

:yeahthat: Bigotry and racism aren't a function of political affiliation, they are a learned behavior occurring long before one becomes able to vote. I could name quite a few, but what purpose would that serve other than to segregate us more and emphasize what's wrong with this nation and what's wrong with our political divide? Being a bigot or racist has nothing to do with being Republican or Democrat.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

20 Feb 2013 17:26 #23 by Arlen
I have shown you the leadership of the Democratic party who are racists and bigots as shown upon the public stage and history (recent history). You return with truisms. Do you not think that you may have been duped by the propaganda of the Democratic party, as I have suggested?

20 Feb 2013 17:30 #24 by chickaree

Science Chic wrote:

:yeahthat: Bigotry and racism aren't a function of political affiliation, they are a learned behavior occurring long before one becomes able to vote. I could name quite a few, but what purpose would that serve other than to segregate us more and emphasize what's wrong with this nation and what's wrong with our political divide? Being a bigot or racist has nothing to do with being Republican or Democrat.

:like:

20 Feb 2013 17:35 #25 by Arlen
The Republican leadership does not bend to the loathsome spirit of the more base character which would embrace racism and bigotry. This is what has been the strength of the Republican party since Lincoln. Higher ideals. The leadership has kept itself in the pursuit of lofty goals, not stuck in the mire as did the Democrat party.

Rather than repeat the absurd accusations that you have been taught by the Democratic party, give a factual list of the racist, bigoted Republican leaders. Until then, your assertion has no merit.

BE SCIENTIFIC: GIVE FACTS.

20 Feb 2013 17:42 #26 by chickaree
I could list many, in fact I am sure LadyJazzer will be on soon to do so. You will find her list as irrelevant as she finds yours. The two of you best represent what President Lincoln abhorred. "A house divided against itself cannot stand". I had to speak sharply to many of my very Republican friends who made cracks about watermelons and gang members when Obama was elected. Several of them are no longer friends as they could not tolerate my tolerance, so don't claim for a solitary second that there is no such thing as a Republican racist, I know and am related to many. I also know and am related to Democrat, Libertarian and Geeen Party racists. It's just the human condition.

20 Feb 2013 18:14 #27 by Arlen

chickaree wrote: I could list many, in fact I am sure LadyJazzer will be on soon to do so. You will find her list as irrelevant as she finds yours. The two of you best represent what President Lincoln abhorred. "A house divided against itself cannot stand". I had to speak sharply to many of my very Republican friends who made cracks about watermelons and gang members when Obama was elected. Several of them are no longer friends as they could not tolerate my tolerance, so don't claim for a solitary second that there is no such thing as a Republican racist, I know and am related to many. I also know and am related to Democrat, Libertarian and Geeen Party racists. It's just the human condition.

Here is the big difference, chickaree, the Democrats elect racists and bigots as their leaders! The racists and bigots have historically been the leaders of the Democrat party. A casual study of history will drive this point home.

And do not leave it to LJ to form your opinion. She is very hate-filled and cannot think clearly. You can see clearly if you will just give yourself the opportunity without LJ's jaundiced eye.

20 Feb 2013 18:24 #28 by Arlen

Science Chic wrote:

Trying to put yourself above the fray? But you still spout the filth of the Democrats in their slander of the Republicans.

20 Feb 2013 18:30 #29 by ScienceChic

Arlen wrote:

Science Chic wrote:

Trying to put yourself above the fray? But you still spout the filth of the Democrats in their slander of the Republicans.

Really? Find me an example...I double dog dare ya! :biggrin:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

20 Feb 2013 18:35 #30 by FredHayek
Jefferson Davis!

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds