President's Day: Favorite President?

20 Feb 2013 18:47 #31 by chickaree

Arlen wrote:

chickaree wrote: I could list many, in fact I am sure LadyJazzer will be on soon to do so. You will find her list as irrelevant as she finds yours. The two of you best represent what President Lincoln abhorred. "A house divided against itself cannot stand". I had to speak sharply to many of my very Republican friends who made cracks about watermelons and gang members when Obama was elected. Several of them are no longer friends as they could not tolerate my tolerance, so don't claim for a solitary second that there is no such thing as a Republican racist, I know and am related to many. I also know and am related to Democrat, Libertarian and Geeen Party racists. It's just the human condition.

Here is the big difference, chickaree, the Democrats elect racists and bigots as their leaders! The racists and bigots have historically been the leaders of the Democrat party. A casual study of history will drive this point home.

And do not leave it to LJ to form your opinion. She is very hate-filled and cannot think clearly. You can see clearly if you will just give yourself the opportunity without LJ's jaundiced eye.

You remind me of her in many ways Arlen. Does the name Strom Thurmond ring a bell? Icouldcontinue list many others, but there is no point. All of us are flawed. To pretend you and your party is perfect and she and her party are evil is only fooling yourself.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Feb 2013 20:39 #32 by Moonchild

Photo-fish wrote: Theodore Roosevelt the first Green President
"TR" consistently lobbied Congress for wilderness protection, used the Forest Reserve Act of 1891 to set aside 150 million acres of timberland as public domains, and oversaw creation of the U.S. Forest Service. Roosevelt also created 50 wildlife refuges and five national parks.
Beyond those accomplishments, TR is well remembered as popularizing the ideas of good resource stewardship and respect for nature. That's not to say everything was idyllic in those years of heavy logging, mining, urbanization and rapid human expansion, but seeds of consciousness were sown.

:Cheer :goodpost: Thank you Mr. Photo-fish! :Love4:

20 Feb 2013 22:18 #33 by LadyJazzer
Regardless of what the party was "called" in some previous decade, the TRUTH is that the racists and bigots are in the Republican Party NOW, and coming up with a list that just regurgitates the party-name, when the roles have changed, and they go by a different name now, is laughable. (By the way, how is Trent Lott doing these days?)

But I could sit and watch the "The Conservative Fantasy History of Civil Rights" for .... minutes... :rofllol

20 Feb 2013 23:09 #34 by LadyJazzer

Arlen wrote: the Democrats elect racists and bigots as their leaders!...

Really?... Does that apply to County GOP chairpersons and/or leaders of the TeaBagger Party in states?

The founder of the Montana Tea Party Patriots posted on Facebook a racist photo of a box propped over a watermelon and attached to string, with the caption, “The Secret Service just uncovered a plot to kidnap the president.” Jennifer Olsen, who shared the “joke” on Facebook, is co-founder of Montana Shrugged: Tea Party Patriots and, amazingly, the county chair of the Montana GOP (there are only four for the entire state.)

So, just who is Jennifer Olsen?

“Jennifer Olsen, a petroleum engineer who was unemployed for years while the oil and gas industry was booming around her...

The newspaper mentions her many jobs, never mentioning that each employer was actually her father (Eric Olsen) and the companies were often idle due to “government oppression” or some other excuse Jennifer and Eric Olsen used while soliciting donations to progress their political agenda. During their long period of unemployment, Jennifer and her father founded Montana Shrugged, a “tea party” group that advocates selective federalism and operates in a divisive and dishonest manner. Jennifer Olsen also holds the chairwoman position on the Yellowstone County Republican Central Committee. In her free time, she files frivolous and unfounded political practices complaints and apparently scours the internet searching for racist anti-Obama material.

What exactly is it with the Republicans, the Tea Party, and racism?

* In October, a lynched Barack Obama effigy hanging from a tree is just a “Halloween decoration,” a California man told the Secret Service, when they knocked on his door after receiving complaints.

* Two weeks before that, a Mitt Romney supporter decided to express his disdain for President Obama in a blatantly racist manner, with an empty chair, two watermelons, a noose, and a sign in his front yard saying, “Go back to Kenya.”

...more

http://thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/pl ... ahoo!+Mail

Don't mind me... Posting FACTS is part of that "filled-with-hate" thing I do when I prove you are lying....

21 Feb 2013 14:18 #35 by Surveyor
Back to Pres's. Today is my favorite's B-day--Washington (the land surveyor). Second up: Jefferson (the prez who dreamed up the Public Land Survey System). Would they ever be shaking their heads looking at politics now.....

21 Feb 2013 14:41 #36 by chickaree
Shaking their heads in recognition perhaps.

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds