Tell me something about yourself

10 Mar 2013 20:47 #21 by Local_Historian
OK - well, I rarely log in here anymore, but Science Chic posted this on the FB page, so...

Married 21 years, two adult children; eldest graduated college last May, other is a Marine. I'm a former History teacher, I write Colorado history for Examiner.com on occasion, I'm a school photographer, and I run a blog about trying to live a simpler life - http://lifeonthemountainside.blogspot.com/ as well as its counterpart on Facebook. I make a lot of toys and sell them online. I am owned by3 dogs and 7 chickens and soon to be owned by more(chickens, not dogs). I am starting to make a lot of our own foods because I'm annoyed by store prices - I can make bread, pasta, etc a lot cheaper than I can buy it ready made.

What did I forget?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Mar 2013 06:21 - 11 Mar 2013 13:17 #22 by FredHayek
Married 25 plus years. No kids. 3 dogs 2 from IMHS and one from JeffCo. Work in manufacturing operations. Yes, Virginia, there is still manufacturing in America. Same company for over 20 years almost from the opening. Degree in Economics/Finance and most of my schooling was private religious but no longer practicing.

Midwest born, but been out here since kindergarten. Couldn't imagine living anyplace else but the Northern Rockies.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

11 Mar 2013 12:37 #23 by ComputerBreath
Colorado native...graduated high school from Glenwood Springs 21 years after my mom graduated from there. Lots of family history in Colorado, on both sides of my family. My maternal great-grandfather was the dean of CU medical school and my paternal great-grandfather worked for the railroad in Fountain in the late 1800's/early 1900's. Decided I wanted to do something different with my life, so took up my high school counselor's suggestion of checking into the Air Force ('cuz they had the best food, according to him (he was former Army)). Spent 20 years serving my country in the Air Force in various locations around the U.S. and a couple locations overseas and loving every minute of it. Retired and moved back to God's country with my two wonderful sons. Work full-time at an adhesive manufacturing company in Breckenridge...again, loving most of it.

I read part of a book or books every single day. Beyond driving back and forth to work five days a week and once or twice a month to the Denver area to go to the commissary shopping, the rest of my time is spent at home with my doggies. I do occasionally like to craft...rubber stamping and lately painting ceramics.

11 Mar 2013 13:00 - 11 Mar 2013 13:25 #24 by netdude
Born in Pa.... but grew up in South Fla. Two adult kids 26 and 21 and a 6 year old border mix. My daughter trying to get into publishing full time (does free lance editing) my son is finishing a degree in engineering. Bought 10 acres of heaven up in the foothills west of Waterton back in 2004 due to the fact I promised my wife when the kids move out we would live somewhere in the mountains. I try to keep my promises, this one was easy to..

We built our own log home.. breaking ground in 2005. Ran the project as owner/builder and my wife and I did a good deal of the work.

I have a wonderful wife who works in the defense industry here in Denver over by Buckley AFB.

I have worked at the same company for 15 years as a network engineer.... we love living in the mountains, working on fixing about anything, playing guitar... reading, Red Rocks in one of my favorite places on earth and best place to see live music.... proud to be who I am and what I have done... prouder yet of being the son I am to two incredible people who gave me the tools in life to accomplish what I have.... proud to be a liberal, and proud to live in the best damn country there is...

11 Mar 2013 13:20 #25 by FOS
netdude....loved your "about me."

11 Mar 2013 17:32 #26 by gmule
I am married and have 3 daughters.
Attended West Jeff Elementary (the old building) West Jeff Middle and graduated from Evergreen High School.
I am production manager for an airplane manufacturing giant.

12 Mar 2013 09:10 #27 by Rick

gmule wrote: I am married and have 3 daughters.
Attended West Jeff Elementary (the old building) West Jeff Middle and graduated from Evergreen High School.

I went to the same schools and graduated in 81 :thumbsup:

Also have 3 kids, two girls and a boy. Degree in finance and self employed since 92 ... about the same time I became aware that I was no longer a liberal (although I could be considered a social liberal except for baby killing).

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

12 Mar 2013 11:15 #28 by gmule

Rick wrote:

gmule wrote: I am married and have 3 daughters.

I went to the same schools and graduated in 81 :thumbsup:

Also have 3 kids, two girls and a boy. Degree in finance and self employed since 92 ... about the same time I became aware that I was no longer a liberal (although I could be considered a social liberal except for baby killing).

I am a couple of years behind you. I graduated in '86

12 Mar 2013 15:42 #29 by RY
Replied by RY on topic Tell me something about yourself
I was born in Germany, lived in South America and England before coming to Bailey in 1995. I have 3 kids, 2 of which live nearby, my oldest lives in Germany; 2 sweet grandkids. Went back to school and got degrees in Multimedia/Graphic Arts, Holistic Health /certified Yoga Instructor before going into Real Estate in order to support myself and my children . I am enjoying and still doing everything I have done so far but also authored several books over the last few years. I am very happy about the freedom of working mostly out of my home and have to commute only twice a week. I love gardening, hiking, traveling, cooking and just BEING… mostly in nature.

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds