We will have to look at who & what we are-Sandy Hook photos

14 Mar 2013 17:08 #21 by Rick

archer wrote:

Rick wrote:

archer wrote:

FredHayek wrote: We didn't show the death of Osama Bin Laden a terrorist why show the death of innocent children? Would you want the parents to have to see this time and time again? You are a heartless person. America knows what happened but you and the fat slob Michael Moore want to wallow in it. You do live up to your name.

And conservatives think it's quite OK to publish pictures of aborted fetuses, why one was posted here just today.....spare me your feigned outrage Fred.

What percentage of consrvatives are you talking about here? I don't remember answering that poll.

I think it's about the same percentage as froggers liberals.

frogger wrote: I am fascinated by the fact that liberals want those pictures published because they believe it suits their need

Frogger is just as wrong as you are, because neither of you can back those statements up with anything. Like SC said, those blanket generalizations are also blanket insults to those of us who don't think they way you IMAGINE we do.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Mar 2013 17:18 #22 by archer

Rick wrote:

archer wrote:

Rick wrote:

archer wrote:

FredHayek wrote: We didn't show the death of Osama Bin Laden a terrorist why show the death of innocent children? Would you want the parents to have to see this time and time again? You are a heartless person. America knows what happened but you and the fat slob Michael Moore want to wallow in it. You do live up to your name.

And conservatives think it's quite OK to publish pictures of aborted fetuses, why one was posted here just today.....spare me your feigned outrage Fred.

What percentage of consrvatives are you talking about here? I don't remember answering that poll.

I think it's about the same percentage as froggers liberals.

frogger wrote: I am fascinated by the fact that liberals want those pictures published because they believe it suits their need

Frogger is just as wrong as you are, because neither of you can back those statements up with anything. Like SC said, those blanket generalizations are also blanket insults to those of us who don't think they way you IMAGINE we do.

BINGO

that was the point.......and posters will never stop using the generic "liberals" or the generic "conservatives" to make their points.....and you will not stop pointing it out when a liberal does it and ignoring it when a conservative does it until it is pointed out to you.

Back to business....

14 Mar 2013 18:48 #23 by FOS
I could have mentioned you directly.

14 Mar 2013 18:54 #24 by archer
You could have, but then rather than a broad brush statement it would have been a lie.

15 Mar 2013 08:36 #25 by FOS
I didn't think I was to far off the mark for a few here.

15 Mar 2013 08:56 #26 by FredHayek
Per Fox News, some of the families are against Michael Moore's plan.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

15 Mar 2013 09:49 #27 by LadyJazzer

frogger wrote: I didn't think I was to far off the mark for a few here.

I don't think my assumptions and contempt for conservatives are "far off the mark for a few here" either.

16 Mar 2013 10:30 #28 by Arlen
Why compare lunatic mass murders with Democrat racists?
Are you saying that the common person is the same as the lunatic who killed at Sandy Hook? Are you saying that the common man is the same as the racist Democrat policies that produced the murder as quoted in the original post of this thread?

THAT IS NONSENSE. The premise of the original post is ridiculous. It is a non-starter.

16 Mar 2013 14:32 #29 by PrintSmith
From the original article linked to in the OP:

Most of us continue to say we "support the Second Amendment" as if it were written by God (or we're just afraid of being seen as anti-American). But this amendment was written by the same white men who thought a Negro was only 3/5 human. We've done nothing to revise or repeal this – and that makes us responsible, and that is why we must look at the pictures of the 20 dead children laying with what's left of their bodies on the classroom floor in Newtown, Connecticut.

How many times must this lie be heard before it ceases to be uttered? Anyone who is of the belief that the 3/5 clause was an indication that the framers believed Negros to be 3/5 human needs to spend a little bit of time educating themselves to relieve them of their ignorance. 'Nuff said on that point.

As to the rest, emotions make for a very poor foundation upon which to erect laws, which is exactly what that idiot Moore and others are seeking to do. Liberty and freedom are not free, in fact they are very, very dangerous things. When an individual is free, they posses in equal measures the ability to do what is wrong along with the ability to do what is right. Those who would look at the photos of those dead and disfigured children and come to the conclusion that the problem is too much freedom are the very ones of whom the majority of us should be the most suspect. They are more of a danger to us and our Union than the person who killed those children ever could be.

18 Mar 2013 18:12 #30 by Wicked
Did they believe Negros were actually 3/5 a person, no. Did they believe that they were less than human, wanted to make sure that they didn't get a single toe-hold that could let them wedge their way into legally being recognize as individuals, and didn't deserve the same rights and privileges, oh yeah - that was their way of compensating the "people" who owned them, and keeping the slaves in their proper place. Don't try to sugar coat it any other way - our Founding Fathers owned slaves too and they didn't do a single thing to change the status quo.

Posted on Remembering Ana Márquez-Greene https://www.facebook.com/RememberingAna

Sweet baby girl,

Three months with Jesus. I know you are having fun... but, I cannot imagine living the rest of my life without you.

There is no escaping the pain. Your brother is in unbelievable pain. He gouges your name into everything he can find...and he remembers you every minute of every day.

These are some of the reasons I am still alive: a) the unshakeable knowledge that if I ended my own life it would not bring me to where you are, b) your brother needs me and c) I have a job to do.

My hands miss combing your thick brown hair. My eyes miss delighting in your growth. My lips miss kissing your chubby cheeks. My ears miss hearing the laughter of siblings in our house. My nose misses the smell of the folds of your neck. My cheeks miss your sloppy kisses. The breasts that nursed you faithfully for your first year of life...ache. And I miss your notes under my pillow. My womb was robbed. A warrior has risen.

Here is my battle cry:

Guess what, America? You have my daughter's blood on your hands. And I will not be bullied into being quiet.

2 Timothy 1:7 – “For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.”

32 people will die today from a gun tragedy. That's 32 humans.

Before Newtown, our leaders KNEW that we were burying - on average - one child every two weeks in Chicago alone. One CHILD every two weeks! And yet they did nothing. Before my dead first grader even had a funeral, Wayne LaPierre was already espousing hatred on the airwaves. I can't help but wonder if he's ever actually had to look at the body of child riddled with bullets. Yet I cannot bring myself to hate him. He is a lost soul and does not represent a good number of compassionate gun owners. I wonder what he's doing Easter week end? Mr. LaPierre, you're welcome to come to Sandy Hook and explain to my son why we have one less place setting. You can even sleep over and stay in Ana's empty bed.

I've spent the past few weeks quietly listening and watching and here's what I see:

Many mental health advocates saying "Hey don't look at us. This is a gun issue".

Many gun advocates saying "Hey don't look at us. This is a mental health issue".

Many in the video game industry saying "Hey don't look at us. We have nothing to do with this. It's a gun and mental health issue."

Guess what, America? You have my daughter's blood on your hands. And, there is only one option now: UNITE for common sense solutions to address our culture of violence.

Many days are hopeless and dark for me. I pray for peace and restoration.

My friends and lovers of all things Ana stood for: peace will not come without cost. My family and many others have paid the ultimate price.

Please encourage your leaders to advocate for common sense legislation that addresses comprehensive changes to our mental health, video game and gun laws.

Tell them we don't believe we should have to pick between protecting our rights and our children. Tell them we want new, innovative approaches to these problems. Tell them you know there is enough middle ground. Take the time to write and call your representatives.

The teddy bears are nice. Your letter and calls would be even better.

Mothers, fathers, grandparents, care-givers, Americans: make your voices heard, and spread this message. On behalf of Ana and the 32 people who will die today...

We love you. Thank you for your prayers, love and support, donations, kind words, and acts of kindness done in Ana's name.

All reminders that - in the midst of all of this - Love IS winning...

Sincerely,

Ana's mom

[youtube:2q08diz2]
[/youtube:2q08diz2]

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/21/nyreg ... .html?_r=0

We should've been pissed off about this a long time before now. The status quo is unacceptable.

We'll hold this line until Hell freezes over --Then we'll hold it on ice skates.-Anonymous picket sign

Couldn’t, wouldn’t, mustn’t, shouldn’t – these are the laments of the spineless. –Bette Davis

Feminist. We Just Call Out Bulls**t Where We See It.

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds