DHS Staying Quiet on Munitions Purchases

21 Mar 2013 13:02 #1 by Jekyll
http://www.infowars.com/big-sis-refuses ... purchases/

Quote:
Speaking at CPAC with Infowars and We Are Change reporter, Luke Rudkowski, Congressman Timothy Huelscamp revealed this week that the Department of Homeland Security has refused to answer questions from “multiple” members of Congress regarding its recent purchase of huge amounts of weapons and ammunition.

“They have no answer for that question. They refuse to answer to answer that,” Huelscamp said.

“I’ve got a list of various questions of agencies about multiple things. Far from being the most transparent administration in the world, they are the most closed and opaque,” the Congressman added.

“They refuse to let us know what is going on, so I don’t really have an answer for that. Multiple members of Congress are asking those questions,” he added.

“It comes down to during the budget process, during the appropriations process, are we willing to hold DHS’s feet to the fire?”

“We’re going to find out… I say we don’t fund them ’til we get an answer. Those type of things really challenge Americans. They are worried about this administration,” Huelscamp urged.

With the exception of some typos (I can't read ANY article on ANY site these days without them and it drives me NUTS!) you get the picture. As a people, we really don't have any authority whatsoever anymore. The government will do what it thinks is best, and will refuse to answer questions at it's discretion, no matter how serious the accusations. Reading the comments section after the articles is interesting sometimes too. More often than not, I see about 90% of people saying "nae" against our current government.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Mar 2013 13:05 #2 by Jekyll
Then we rely on lower men on the totem pole to get things done for us, and then they have lower men below them, and then below them, etc etc. It's as bad in the States as it is at the Federal level.

21 Mar 2013 13:12 #3 by Jekyll
I should clarify. They HAVE indeed answered the question, but with a false pretense. You don't use hollow points for training. They are highly expensive. You use FMJ's. Any avid shooter knows this, so the question is being pressed. Let alone fully automatic weapons and over two thousand armored assault vehicles. My appologies.

21 Mar 2013 13:18 #4 by FredHayek
...the most transparent administration ever...

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

21 Mar 2013 13:23 #5 by Jekyll

FredHayek wrote: ...the most transparent administration ever...

You can't be transparent when you have ulterior motives.... :Whistle

21 Mar 2013 14:01 #6 by FredHayek
With the current ammo shortages, maybe HP was all they could find? And they don't care about cost, it is stimulus spending.

Something to consider: it is illegal for US troops to use hollow point ammo in warfare, but it is legal to use against US citizens by federal agents.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

21 Mar 2013 15:01 #7 by WarrenK

The government will do what it thinks is best, and will refuse to answer questions at it's discretion, no matter how serious the accusations. . . . More often than not, I see about 90% of people saying "nae" against our current government.

If you attended any of the recent local town meetings or state public comment sessions on the gun bills, you were presented with this exact scenario. They went ahead with their agenda in the face of all those present and opposed to the measures. Of course the mega bucks coming to them from NY, Chicago and Washington had no influence on them at all [sic] - the stripping away our freedoms are being bought and paid for by those who only want power and control.

I saw a video of a reporting trying to ask NY Governor Coumo if his multiple body guards only had 7 bullets in their guns - got real ugly real quick. Let them eat cake.

As Water Reflects A Face, So The Heart Reflects The Person
Proverbs 27:19

22 Mar 2013 13:41 #8 by Jekyll
Agreed Warren. I appreciate how you brought up the magazine capacity, although it was referenced to NY, here in Colorado our magazine limit has some strings attached. The bill has a provision that bans any magazine that can also be readily converted to hold more than fifteen rounds. Every automatic pistol magazine in production has a removable floor plate so that it can take a larger one to hold more rounds. ILLEGAL, rendering your gun a paper weight. Also in the bill is a provision called "constant possession." This means if you and I are out at the range, and you hand me your gun to try it out, you've just committed a Class 2 Misdemeanor. Nice yea? A lot of my friends that are avid gun enthusiasts turned around and said "but anything before the law takes effect is grandfathered in (magazines)." Yes, that is correct, however, if you get caught using it, carrying it, etc, it will be confiscated. You can take that to the bank.
Anyway, whereas before I thought all the hype was just a bunch of conspiracy, it turns out that slowly but surely, they are banning firearms. Whatever, we'll just have to wait and see the outcomes.....
As far as DHS, they in fact are the ones that are exhibiting some of the highest levels of paranoia, no? What in Tartarus do they think is gonna go down? Interesting.

23 Mar 2013 09:32 #9 by Something the Dog Said
You guys are such idiots. The DHS fully answered this question with a detailed letter to Sen Coburn last year

http://www.coburn.senate.gov/public//in ... 45c21519c2

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

23 Mar 2013 13:29 #10 by Jekyll

Something the Dog Said wrote: You guys are such idiots. The DHS fully answered this question with a detailed letter to Sen Coburn last year

http://www.coburn.senate.gov/public//in ... 45c21519c2

Jekyll wrote: I should clarify. They HAVE indeed answered the question, but with a false pretense. You don't use hollow points for training. They are highly expensive. You use FMJ's. Any avid shooter knows this, so the question is being pressed. Let alone fully automatic weapons and over two thousand armored assault vehicles. My appologies.

How about looking in the mirror, or better yet, that ridiculous avatar. Yer deffinitely one of those that doesn't give any merit to writing on the wall, and insists on believing and stating as fact every single piece of published information, regardless of where it comes from. Wow, yer just teeming with intelligence.

Edit:
Let alone that information in the link is outdated, doesn't tell what type of ammo it was/is (FMJ's, I'd bet the house on it) let alone all the assault weapons that are select fire, and all the assault vehicles just purchased a few weeks ago. If you're gonna be daft, keep that sh** to yourself.

Edit again:
Heck, while we're at it, we'll just ignore the convenient fact the the Admin can now fully legally use drones to kill Americans right here at home if they are deemed "terrorists." Should turn you on Dog, that means all the "crazies" that have been stockpiling weapons and ammo over the last year can now fall into that category. Go lick yer crotch or something.

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds