DHS Staying Quiet on Munitions Purchases

23 Mar 2013 14:44 #11 by otisptoadwater
What will be banned next? Baseball bats, shovels, sharp sticks, and rocks?

:sarcasm: Relax, the Gubment is here to provide for the people and to protect them from themselves. American citizens cannot be trusted to do what is best for themselves, we need the Gubment to do that for us. :sarcasm:

[youtube:138tfiow]
[/youtube:138tfiow]

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Mar 2013 16:48 #12 by Jekyll
As an example of people in the know, here's a guy:

Quoting Jim Roof: http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/washin ... n-purchase
"90% of all firearms training can be, and should be, done with full metal jacket rounds. FMJ ammo is about half the cost of hollow points. Nobody needs to shoot hollow points at the range EXCEPT to ensure that a particular flavor will cycle reliably through a given gun.

Guy like me who owns legal firearms will usually have about ten times the amount of FMJ's as HP's and will reserve the HP rounds for personal defense once enough has been tried to prove reliability.

1.6 billion FMJ rounds for 100K who need training works out to 16,000 rounds per person. That's still a very high count if you ask me. Given that most are HP's... that's a big ole red flag."

No flippin' sh**, but it's all "conspiracy" right? Riiiiight.

23 Mar 2013 16:56 #13 by otisptoadwater

Jekyll wrote: No flippin' sh**, but it's all "conspiracy" right? Riiiiight.

I guess when folks start seeing stuff like this rolling up their street they'll change their minds (and it will be too late):

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

23 Mar 2013 17:01 #14 by Jekyll
Agreed Otis, and a full fledged MRAP will be even more intimidating. Another link Sir(s):
http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorial ... htm?p=full

Quote:
"After IEDs began to take a toll on U.S. military forces in Iraq, the Pentagon ordered a large supply of MRAPs.

"They've taken hits, many, many hits that would have killed soldiers and marines in uparmored Humvees," Adm. Michael Mullen, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said in a recent interview.

A DHS officer, Robert Whitaker, stationed in El Paso, Texas, recently proudly described the agency's new armored toy as "Mine-resistant ... we use to deliver our team to high-risk warrant services ... (with) gun ports so we can actually shoot from within the vehicle; you may think it's pretty loud but actually it's not too bad ... we have gun ports there in the back and two on the sides as well. They are designed for .50-caliber weapons."

This is needed to serve warrants? Perhaps it might have been useful at Waco.

So the question is what does DHS need 1.6 billion bullets, 7,000 Ar-15s and 2,700 armored vehicles for?

What are they anticipating or planning for, and why are few in the media and Congress asking about it, particularly in the light of daily apocalyptic bleats from the administration about sequestration cuts?

We have asked if this has anything to do with then-candidate Obama's proposal for a national security force as powerful as the U.S. Army.

In a July 2, 2008, speech in Colorado Springs, Colo., candidate Obama said: "We cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we've set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded."

As Judge Andrew Napolitano, a Fox News contributor, recently opined in the Washington Times, "The historical reality of the Second Amendment's protection of the right to keep and bear arms is not that it protects the right to shoot deer. It protects the right to shoot tyrants, and it protects the right to shoot at them effectively, with the same instruments they would use upon us."

No, we are not scanning the sky for black helicopters.

But we are concerned about an administration pushing for ever stricter gun control and de facto gun registration in the form of allegedly universal background checks to which criminals and gangbangers won't comply is arming itself to the teeth.

If weapons of war don't belong on the street, Mr. President, explain these purchases."

Well, all of our neighbors that have armed themselves to the teeth won't stand a bloody chance. Some of those neighbors have been your friends since day one.

23 Mar 2013 17:33 #15 by LadyJazzer
You guys are going to need a LOT more foil....and black helicopters....

23 Mar 2013 17:43 #16 by FredHayek

LadyJazzer wrote: You guys are going to need a LOT more foil....and black helicopters....

Jews said that in the 1930's too. Kulak's said that in the 1920's too.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

23 Mar 2013 20:01 #17 by Jekyll

LadyJazzer wrote: You guys are going to need a LOT more foil....and black helicopters....

Somewhat on topic (aww hell, not really): The main use of foil fer me would be "tin-foil" dinners. Not sure if you've made those growing up. Throw all yer meat, potatoes, veggies and butter in there, wrap it up and put it on the camp fire grill for awhile. Good stuff.

Black helicopters brings up something interesting that I just read about last night. The Chinese have developed one HELLUVA badass helicopter, with, wait for it, a U.S based company that outright stated that they violated law by giving the Chinese software to help in the development of the aircraft. Nice yea? Also nice is Putin and Xi getting tight with relations isn't it?

23 Mar 2013 20:07 - 23 Jan 2017 13:42 #18 by otisptoadwater
Foil meals and other easy stuff? Have a look over here, I cook but I'm a fan of simple food, large portions, and no/minimal cleanup:

mymountaintown.com/forum/23-the-kitchen-...r-one-bachelor-style

As to your other point, you can probably assume what my position is...

23 Mar 2013 20:13 - 23 Jan 2017 13:42 #19 by Jekyll

otisptoadwater wrote: Foil meals and other easy stuff? Have a look over here, I cook but I'm a fan of simple food, large portions, and no/minimal cleanup:

mymountaintown.com/forum/23-the-kitchen-...r-one-bachelor-style

As to your other point, you can probably assume what my position is...

:like: I loooove cooking with foil and yes, I know your position on the other point Sir, and I agree.

24 Mar 2013 15:21 #20 by deltamrey
FYI....the US military do not use hollowpoints.....the use of solid points permits an enemy to be incapaciated....that is the goal - not slaughter. This is disturbing to say the least.

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds