New poll. Hickenlooper new Governor. Repub's vote split

03 Aug 2010 14:49 #11 by The Viking

Grady wrote: I maintain that the best course of action for the conservatives is to dump Maes/McInnis and get behind Tancredo. McInnis is tainted with his plagiarism charges and his old campaign financing problems. And Maes can’t or won’t give a straight answer on his personal finances, business finances, the real reason he left the police department, or his real stance on illegal immigration.

But they won't drop out and too many think Tancredo is a loose cannon. So there is no way that he can take all the votes away from Maes or McInnis. If Tancredo really wanted this he should have stuck it out in the primary and won that way. Not a 3rd party to hand it to Hickenlooper.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Aug 2010 15:47 #12 by PrintSmith
So what if conservatives back the person most likely to drop out after the primary?

I, personally, am more concerned with keeping the Hickster out of the office than I am in supporting the Republican Party. Tancredo may be a bit of a loose cannon at times, but I think all of us can honestly say that there are no skeletons in his closet yet to be uncovered.

We might need to take a lesson from the High Federalists in the 1800 election. They were so disillusioned with the choice of Adams that many were ready to accept Jefferson just to keep Adams out of a second term. We might not love the idea of Tancredo in the office, but we know that McInnis can't win and would likely be asked by the power elite within the party to step aside if he is victorious in the primary. That makes it better for the conservative cause to vote for McInnis in the primary and then desert him in November for Tancredo if he doesn't drop out in favor of a better candidate.

04 Aug 2010 10:49 #13 by Residenttroll returns
Tancredo is going to beat the Republican candidates. Hopefully, he can muster up enough support to beat Hickenpooper.

04 Aug 2010 10:57 #14 by Nobody that matters
Maes is currently busy giving both Tancredo and Hick ammo to use after the primaries...

Really... The U.N.?

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

04 Aug 2010 11:00 #15 by Residenttroll returns
I can't wait to hear the dirt on Hickinthepooper ..... he started his business with government money.

04 Aug 2010 11:07 #16 by Something the Dog Said

residenttroll wrote: I can't wait to hear the dirt on Hickinthepooper ..... he started his business with government money.

And where did McInnis and Tancredo get their money to start their businesses, oh that's right, they've never started a business, created a job, managed a payroll.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

04 Aug 2010 11:11 #17 by Residenttroll returns

Something the Dog Said wrote:

residenttroll wrote: I can't wait to hear the dirt on Hickinthepooper ..... he started his business with government money.

And where did McInnis and Tancredo get their money to start their businesses, oh that's right, they've never started a business, created a job, managed a payroll.

Really, I guess they didn't the opportunity to employ illegals either.

:Koolaid: is like crack.

04 Aug 2010 11:18 #18 by Something the Dog Said

residenttroll wrote:

Really, I guess they didn't the opportunity to employ illegals either.

:Koolaid: is like crack.

Actually, the Tanc was busted a few years ago for using illegals to remodel his house.

Interesting that you prefer career politicians and lawyer/lobbyists over a candidate who actually worked in the energy industry, and built businesses that created thousands of jobs.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

04 Aug 2010 11:19 #19 by Residenttroll returns

04 Aug 2010 11:21 #20 by The Viking

Did you copy and paste this from an Obama post and just change the names? Obama did even less than them and you guys voted him in to run the entire country. That dog won't hunt.

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds