New poll. Hickenlooper new Governor. Repub's vote split

03 Aug 2010 10:25 #1 by The Viking
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_ ... o_governor

Tom Tancredo’s entrance into the Colorado governor’s race cuts substantially into support for the two Republican hopefuls and gives Democrat John Hickenlooper a double-digit lead. But overall support for Hickenlooper remains where it’s been for months.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Aug 2010 10:29 - 03 Aug 2010 14:52 #2 by The Viking
One of them has to drop out. If Maes or McInnis win and don't drop out. Then what exactly is Tancredo accomplishing by jumping in the race? He is handing it to the Democrats and having the exact opposite effect that he wants and the exacte opposite result that the mojority of Coloradans want. 49-51% of Coloradans do not want Hickenlooper but the split vote hands it to him easily. Another 4 years of Democratic policies and higher taxes in this state due to one man jumping in the race.

I like Tancredo, but this is by far the wrong way to go about changing things. If they don't drop out after winning the primary, he needs so and throw his support behind whoever wins.

03 Aug 2010 10:32 #3 by The Viking
If we continue to have higher taxes and fees for the next 4 years and more and more spending here and less crackdown on illegal immigration in Colorado, then Hickenlooper will be to blame, but Tancredo will get a huge part of the blame too.

03 Aug 2010 10:41 #4 by RenegadeCJ
I think Tancredo jumped in to call the Reps on their candidate. Doesn't really matter anyway. If whomever wins the primary doesn't drop out, they would have been killed by Hick anyway. Hopefully, once they realize this, they will drop out, and a new conservative can step up. I believe if this happened, Tancredo would drop out of the race.

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

03 Aug 2010 10:43 #5 by CinnamonGirl
:confused: I am just wondering how many election threads we can get in the courthouse and ring. LOL

03 Aug 2010 10:48 - 03 Aug 2010 10:55 #6 by The Viking

RenegadeCJ wrote: I think Tancredo jumped in to call the Reps on their candidate. Doesn't really matter anyway. If whomever wins the primary doesn't drop out, they would have been killed by Hick anyway. Hopefully, once they realize this, they will drop out, and a new conservative can step up. I believe if this happened, Tancredo would drop out of the race.

Both candidates were essentually tied with Hickenlooper in all polls with over 10% undecided. No one was getting kicked in this race. Maes will win the Primary. And I think the Debates would have shown the voters that they were much more in line with Maes, as he is relatively unknown and still tied with Hickenlooper. After the debates, I think he would have beaten Hickenlooper by 3-5% at least and we could have turned this state around. People are tired of all Democratic control in our state. But with Tancredo taking 24% from both Republicans, we will certainly have a Democratic Governor for the next 4 years.

And who would you suggest that could step in at such a late date, only 2 1/2 months before the election, and beat Hickenlooper, if they decide to drop out? Our best bet at this point was Maes without Tancredo in the race. Any other scenario and we get higher taxes and fees for 4 more years.

03 Aug 2010 10:50 #7 by The Viking

CinnamonGirl wrote: :confused: I am just wondering how many election threads we can get in the courthouse and ring. LOL

This poll just came out and shows that we are going to have a Democrat for a governor for the next 4 years. It is just sad that the majority don't want Hickenlooper but we have 2 candidates that divide the vote and hand it to him. Then we will all complain for 4 more years as to why we didn't vote in a Republican whether he is perfect or not. This is a perfect example of where a third party really subverts the will of the people.

03 Aug 2010 11:07 #8 by RenegadeCJ

The Viking wrote: Both candidates were essentually tied with Hickenlooper in all polls with over 10% undecided. No one was getting kicked in this race. Maes will win the Primary. And I think the Debates would have shown the voters that they were much more in line with Maes, as he is relatively unknown and still tied with Hickenlooper. After the debates, I think he would have beaten Hickenlooper by 3-5% at least and we could have turned this state around. People are tired of all Democratic control in our state. But with Tancredo taking 24% from both Republicans, we will certainly have a Democratic Governor for the next 4 years.

And who would you suggest that could step in at such a late date, only 2 1/2 months before the election, and beat Hickenlooper, if they decide to drop out? Our best bet at this point was Maes without Tancredo in the race. Any other scenario and we get higher taxes and fees for 4 more years.

My personal belief is the union machine is waiting to see which rep wins the primary, then all the guns come out. Massive amount of $$ is available, and with these 2 damaged candidates, it won't take much to move it to Hick. I personally think someone like Josh Penry could step in and still win, and I think Tancredo would step out if he did.

I haven't seen the polls, just talk to other conservatives. None of us are happy about the candidates running. Hick would actually not be a bad governor if the unions were not carrying him around in their pockets. Because he is completely beholden to them, he will be horrible for our state.

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

03 Aug 2010 11:44 #9 by Photo-fish

CinnamonGirl wrote: :confused: I am just wondering how many election threads we can get in the courthouse and ring. LOL

Just think of how quiet it will be on these boards after the elections when everyone is satisfied with the results and there are no more problems. :Whistle

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

03 Aug 2010 14:20 #10 by Grady
I maintain that the best course of action for the conservatives is to dump Maes/McInnis and get behind Tancredo. McInnis is tainted with his plagiarism charges and his old campaign financing problems. And Maes can’t or won’t give a straight answer on his personal finances, business finances, the real reason he left the police department, or his real stance on illegal immigration.

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds