30% in Colorado Say They Are Tea Party Members

06 Aug 2010 13:45 #31 by Cadillacokeefe
:yeahthat: :Exactly:

Well said.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Aug 2010 13:53 #32 by AspenValley

RenegadeCJ wrote: [You may be perfectly happy to burden all the future generations with the problems the past and current generation has gotten ourselves into. I choose not to, and won't go down without a fight. The tea party is doing just that. The country may still be finished, but we have to at least try to change it. I'm not such a cynic that I believe we are done.

You are right, I am extremely cynical about a group that we already know is tainted from the top with the same people who got us into this mess. But the opposite of joining the Tea Parties isn't "doing nothing". Just because I am skeptical of a movement that is backed by powerful special interests and hyped by media whores like Glenn Beck doesn't mean I don't think nothing can be done to get power back in the hands of the voters. I just suspect that the way to do that isn't to join a group that is already the pet pony of the people who stole that power in the first place.

06 Aug 2010 13:59 #33 by Nmysys

AspenValley wrote:

RenegadeCJ wrote: [You may be perfectly happy to burden all the future generations with the problems the past and current generation has gotten ourselves into. I choose not to, and won't go down without a fight. The tea party is doing just that. The country may still be finished, but we have to at least try to change it. I'm not such a cynic that I believe we are done.

You are right, I am extremely cynical about a group that we already know is tainted from the top with the same people who got us into this mess. But the opposite of joining the Tea Parties isn't "doing nothing". Just because I am skeptical of a movement that is backed by powerful special interests and hyped by media whores like Glenn Beck doesn't mean I don't think nothing can be done to get power back in the hands of the voters. I just suspect that the way to do that isn't to join a group that is already the pet pony of the people who stole that power in the first place.

It looks like no matter what we reply, you will come back basically with the same argument. You are entitled to your opinion but I still would like to invite you to see that we, your neighbors, are interested in getting all people involved in the process, and letting them all make up their own minds. Hopefully there are a lot of open minds left in this country.

06 Aug 2010 14:09 #34 by AspenValley
It's true I haven't attended any Tea Parties in this area but I did attend one such meeting in Parker and another in Denver. Definitely NOT my cup of tea, if you'll excuse the bad pun. A lot of recycled libertarian drivel. And considering that I lean quite a bit in the libertarian direction, if that turned me off you can be sure it WAS drivel. The rest seemed to be just rage that the Democrats won the last election.

06 Aug 2010 14:15 #35 by RenegadeCJ

AspenValley wrote: It's true I haven't attended any Tea Parties in this area but I did attend one such meeting in Parker and another in Denver. Definitely NOT my cup of tea, if you'll excuse the bad pun. A lot of recycled libertarian drivel. And considering that I lean quite a bit in the libertarian direction, if that turned me off you can be sure it WAS drivel. The rest seemed to be just rage that the Democrats won the last election.

I haven't attended the local meeting, but did attend on in Denver, and it was far from drivel. It was a group of people...only 2 admitted reps, 1 dem, and 12 indy's. They all were deeply concerned about govt not living within it's means.

The democrats SHOULD have won the last election, and the one before that. As I said, the reps had become full of themselves, and were all about big govt, and spending, and not budgeting too. Change was needed to wake them up. Now it is the dems turn. They are spending our children into bankruptcy, and they need to wake up too.

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

06 Aug 2010 14:27 #36 by archer
If you think that replacing the democrats with republicans will magically get us fiscal conservatives in Congress, that they will be any better than those they replace.....well I have a nice piece of ocean front property here in AZ I'd love to sell you.

06 Aug 2010 14:33 #37 by RenegadeCJ

archer wrote: If you think that replacing the democrats with republicans will magically get us fiscal conservatives in Congress, that they will be any better than those they replace.....well I have a nice piece of ocean front property here in AZ I'd love to sell you.

Never said it would, but no party should ever control all 3 branches of govt. Too much power for such a weak minded group.

Now, if Chris Christie were president, that would be another story!

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

06 Aug 2010 14:35 #38 by JMC

archer wrote: If you think that replacing the democrats with republicans will magically get us fiscal conservatives in Congress, that they will be any better than those they replace.....well I have a nice piece of ocean front property here in AZ I'd love to sell you.

I am convinced that both parties are awful, the tea party is a reaction to the Republicans being worthless scum that sold their constituency down the river. The Ralph Nader effect that Dems. felt a
few years ago.

06 Aug 2010 14:39 #39 by AspenValley
And I am convinced that rabidly partisan politics is part of the problem, not part of the solution. Creating a more rabid version of the Republicans isn't going to solve anything.

06 Aug 2010 14:43 #40 by RenegadeCJ

JMC wrote:

I am convinced that both parties are awful, the tea party is a reaction to the Republicans being worthless scum that sold their constituency down the river. The Ralph Nader effect that Dems. felt a
few years ago.

I agree with you JMC. The republicans completely lost touch with the conservative movement. This does happen to both parties...

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds