30% in Colorado Say They Are Tea Party Members

06 Aug 2010 14:44 #41 by RenegadeCJ

AspenValley wrote: And I am convinced that rabidly partisan politics is part of the problem, not part of the solution. Creating a more rabid version of the Republicans isn't going to solve anything.

We need extremely rabid people in DC until we get our house in order. We must live within our means. If that means some rabid person must come in and just say NO...that is what we need.

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Aug 2010 15:30 #42 by FredHayek

AspenValley wrote: And I am convinced that rabidly partisan politics is part of the problem, not part of the solution. Creating a more rabid version of the Republicans isn't going to solve anything.

May not solve anything, but it might slow the spending. If the TEA people can convince the GOP that limiting debt is Job #1, we may get Washington showing some restraint.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

06 Aug 2010 15:37 #43 by AspenValley
It's one thing to be "rabid" about an issue, quite another to be "rabid" about a political party.

People can come together on issues, by its very nature partisan politics divides even those who might have agreed on various issues. And I think partisan politics has been very cynically manipulated by people who have a vested interest in seeing that nothing changes in Washington. They don't care about left or right, they care about their own power and that's it. They hang onto that power, in part, by manipulating everyone else into demonizing "the other side" so that everything gets riled up, but nothing actually gets done.

06 Aug 2010 16:33 #44 by JMC

AspenValley wrote: It's one thing to be "rabid" about an issue, quite another to be "rabid" about a political party.

People can come together on issues, by its very nature partisan politics divides even those who might have agreed on various issues. And I think partisan politics has been very cynically manipulated by people who have a vested interest in seeing that nothing changes in Washington. They don't care about left or right, they care about their own power and that's it. They hang onto that power, in part, by manipulating everyone else into demonizing "the other side" so that everything gets riled up, but nothing actually gets done.

It is all sporting event , makes me cynical and want to just remove myself from the process, just makes me sick that this passes for reasoned political dialogue these days.

06 Aug 2010 17:08 #45 by LOL

...but nothing actually gets done.

What is wrong with that? No new laws, no new spending, no new restrictions on freedom. Sounds alright to me. I might use that for my new "beer party slogan", thanks. :)

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

06 Aug 2010 17:57 #46 by JMC

Joe wrote:

...but nothing actually gets done.

What is wrong with that? No new laws, no new spending, no new restrictions on freedom. Sounds alright to me. I might use thatm m for my new "bee party slogan", thanks. :)

It's a vacuum Joe, it will be filled, powerful business,powerful government,neither gives a sh** about you(just like a sports team)a All we can do is to try and strike a balance that hurts us the least.It is not so simplistic or black and white.

08 Aug 2010 08:04 #47 by Nmysys
JMC:

Maybe we can talk you into attending one of our meetings of the New 285 Corridor Tea Party Group so you can see for yourself the true nature of the people who are coming out to see for themselves if the cynicism that is so prevalent can be channeled properly to effect some real (difficult word to have to use) change! Unless we get involved, IMHO, we really have no right to complain. Real people with real concerns are really coming out to see for themselves, and it has been extremely encouraging to us all.

We are planning on having our next meeting in the Conifer area, and will hopefully alternate between the two counties monthly, in order to offer a more convenient venue. We invite everyone, no matter where in the political spectrum they reside, in order to allow real intelligent debate. Please feel welcome to attend at least once.

08 Aug 2010 11:53 #48 by JMC

Nmysys wrote: JMC:

Maybe we can talk you into attending one of our meetings of the New 285 Corridor Tea Party Group so you can see for yourself the true nature of the people who are coming out to see for themselves if the cynicism that is so prevalent can be channeled properly to effect some real (difficult word to have to use) change! Unless we get involved, IMHO, we really have no right to complain. Real people with real concerns are really coming out to see for themselves, and it has been extremely encouraging to us all.

We are planning on having our next meeting in the Conifer area, and will hopefully alternate between the two counties monthly, in order to offer a more convenient venue. We invite everyone, no matter where in the political spectrum they reside, in order to allow real intelligent debate. Please feel welcome to attend at least once.

I am a tough nut but would be more than willing to attend. I will stay tuned and keep an open mind.
Thanks for the invite

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds