30% in Colorado Say They Are Tea Party Members

03 Aug 2010 10:37 #1 by The Viking
Colorado has a far higher number people who associate themselves with the Tea Party than the national average. Colorado has one of the highest levels of Tea Party state membership in the country. Good for Colorado.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_ ... ty_members

Thirty percent (30%) of voters in Colorado declare themselves members of the Tea Party movement. That’s well over the national average and one of the highest levels of state membership in the country.

Nationally, 16% of voters say they are members of that movement.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Aug 2010 10:52 #2 by Nmysys
Viking:

You need to join us in the Hew 285 Corridor Tea Party Group as well?

We are having a meeting Friday Evening at 6:30 at the Crow Hill Fire Station #2 atop Crow Hill just before you drop down into Bailey.

03 Aug 2010 12:01 #3 by FredHayek
I am not a TEA Party member but I can see their appeal. Maybe all of Ritter's and the Colorado legislature fees/taxes have driven independents to the right?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

03 Aug 2010 12:49 #4 by Something the Dog Said
According to a recent Gallup poll, Tea Party members are mostly Republican (79%) and only about 6% are independent. The Tea Party may be the only thing that saves the Democrats this year. Fracturing the Republican ticket between the Tea Party, party machine Republicans and moderate Republicans as well as scaring off many moderate Independents from the far conservative candidates are saving several Democratic seats this year

http://www.gallup.com/poll/141098/Tea-P ... -Base.aspx

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

03 Aug 2010 14:38 #5 by FredHayek
Or the TEA party has motivated many Republicans to vote who sat out the McCain election, and many Dems who usually vote are going to stay home for this round.

The biggest TEA party error I see is nominating a unelectable Angle to run against Reid in Nevada, but there are still primaries to be decided.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

03 Aug 2010 14:52 #6 by outdoor338
I think ragel and waters have helped take out the voters that were borderline, who were not sure to vote for. People are waking up and saying, enough! Tea party has growing numbers in its ranks every week, if we keep up with job losses and the economy goes south. I think the tea party is what is going to help this country recover..JMHO

04 Aug 2010 19:18 #7 by AspenValley
If 30% say they are Tea Party members than 29% of people in this state are liars. Because no way no how do those numbers add up. You don't "belong" to the Tea Party movement or any other by watching Fox News. A "movement" implies movement, as in going to meetings, manning phone banks, DOING something. If even 1% of the population of this state has done ANY of those things on behalf of the Tea Party, I would be very, very surprised.

04 Aug 2010 19:21 #8 by The Viking
They say they are members of the movement. Which, if anyone really bothered to listen to what they stand for, it would probably be closer to 60%. They stand for what most Americans have wanted and have been fighting for.

The only movements that most Democrats and many republicans stand for is a bowel movement that comes out of hteir mouth because they are so full of sh*&! And the main movement that the Democrats stand for is the movement towards your wallet.

05 Aug 2010 11:39 #9 by Cadillacokeefe

AspenValley wrote: If 30% say they are Tea Party members than 29% of people in this state are liars. Because no way no how do those numbers add up. You don't "belong" to the Tea Party movement or any other by watching Fox News. A "movement" implies movement, as in going to meetings, manning phone banks, DOING something. If even 1% of the population of this state has done ANY of those things on behalf of the Tea Party, I would be very, very surprised.

AV depending on your political persuasion :wink: you may be either very pleasantly or unpleasantly surprised by the number of active Tea Party members that are in the state and across the country. While I can't confirm that 30% figure, I think there are more of us out there than anyone may actually be aware of or suspect.
As a founding member of the 285 Corridor Tea Party group and an affiliate member of the 285 Corridor 9/12 Project, I can say that the groups that I am personally affiliated with don't collect dues or require enrollment to be a "member," nor do we get any funding from a particular political party or entity. There is no official "head count" taken at our meetings and the numbers of attendees at our meetings changes constantly, so I can't tell you that there are "X" number of people who are Tea Party "members" with certainty. But at every meeting there seem to be a few more people that we've never seen before and our numbers are increasing.
What I can tell you is that most (if not all) of us have no training in what we are doing, we just have a desire to return our country to it's founding principles & to vote people into office who will do this.
We are your neighbors, your co-workers, maybe even some of your family and friends. What unites us is that we are sick to death of where our country is going. We can no longer stay silent and just watch.
This time last year you would have had to put a bomb under most of our butts to get us off the couch to attend anything politically oriented. For me & a lot of others that bomb has now gone off & and as a result we are off the couch, out of our living rooms and awake to what is happening to our country. We are founding Tea Party groups and 9/12 groups, attending rallys and working for candidates. We are manning phone banks, and educating others. Some of us are even running for office. All things we never would have dreamed of doing as little as a year ago. We are saying hell no to the status quo and taking action.

30%? My guess is that it may even be higher than that and that the "membership" is growning exponentially. :thumbsup:

05 Aug 2010 12:12 #10 by AspenValley
Colorado has a population of over 5,000,000. 30% of that would 1,500,000. The 285 corridor itself has a population over 10,000. Are you telling me you think you have more than 3000 members?

No way no how, do I believe there are over a million tea party "members" in Colorado and thousands just in the 285 corridor, unless you make the definition of "member" so broad that it means anyone who wouldn't spit in your eye if you mentioned the words "Tea Party".

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds