Oklahoma Senators Repeatedly Opposed Disaster Relief Funds

21 May 2013 08:09 #11 by Reverend Revelant

archer wrote: I really don't care much how you think I look, like I said I made my post on this tragedy in the appropriate thread. Correct me if I'm wrong, and I can see that you will be delighted to do so in the most disgusting way possible, the OP was about the 2 Oklahoma Senators.

But I'm not the only one looking at you. No opinion from you on Lady Jazzer's post. Says it all. Thanks.

Waiting for Armageddon since 33 AD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 May 2013 08:10 #12 by Whatevergreen

The Liberals GOP Twin wrote: I'm waiting to see when Science Chic will move this ENTIRE thread to the ring where this foul crap belongs. It will say much about many people and 285 Bound in particular.

What are you the forum police?
You played right into her hands by responding and then you keep responding rather then let the thread slip into silent oblivion, where it belongs. :smackshead:

21 May 2013 08:14 #13 by Something the Dog Said

The Liberals GOP Twin wrote:

archer wrote: I really don't care much how you think I look, like I said I made my post on this tragedy in the appropriate thread. Correct me if I'm wrong, and I can see that you will be delighted to do so in the most disgusting way possible, the OP was about the 2 Oklahoma Senators.

But I'm not the only one looking at you. No opinion from you on Lady Jazzer's post. Says it all. Thanks.

This from the individual who frequently compares American citizens to the perpetrators of the Holocaust.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

21 May 2013 08:23 #14 by Nobody that matters

Something the Dog Said wrote: This from the individual who frequently compares American citizens to the perpetrators of the Holocaust.

Baaaaaaaarack! You did it worse!!!

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRRKw1xgJBOLzw2PdVMbowAHKaoeD0ryGGHDqvqVTZdwhUicuUBeA

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

21 May 2013 08:24 #15 by LadyJazzer
My post was about the "Oklahoma Senators Repeatedly Opposed Disaster Relief Funds"... Anything else in this thread is from the usual deflection-crew and distortion experts.

21 May 2013 08:26 #16 by Reverend Revelant

Something the Dog Said wrote:

This from the individual who frequently compares American citizens to the perpetrators of the Holocaust.

I really don't give two-shites about your deflections. The fact remains that Lady Jazzer's statement at the beginning of this thread is vile and foul and doesn't even deserve defense. And you have missed a golden opportunity to put yourself on the noble and honorable side of this issue. Figures.

21 May 2013 08:28 #17 by Nobody that matters

LadyJazzer wrote: My post was about the "Oklahoma Senators Repeatedly Opposed Disaster Relief Funds"... Anything else in this thread is from the usual deflection-crew and distortion experts.

The Oklahoma senators didn't oppose Disaster relief funds, they opposed the lack of cuts in other places to make up for the spending of the relief funds. Spin and distortion on your part, but nobody expects any different from you anymore.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

21 May 2013 08:30 #18 by Reverend Revelant

Nobody that matters wrote:

LadyJazzer wrote: My post was about the "Oklahoma Senators Repeatedly Opposed Disaster Relief Funds"... Anything else in this thread is from the usual deflection-crew and distortion experts.

The Oklahoma senators didn't oppose Disaster relief funds, they opposed the lack of cuts in other places to make up for the spending of the relief funds. Spin and distortion on your part, but nobody expects any different from you anymore.

Don't even get spun by her deflections... this is the key phrase... "Boy, payback is a b*tch, ain't it?...."

21 May 2013 08:49 #19 by ScienceChic

FredHayek wrote: The people of Oklahoma will dig out, they have been fighters and survivors for centuries despite your hatred for them.

No, her post was against the hypocritical senators, not the people of Oklahoma.

LadyJazzer wrote: Hardly...But I can always count on you to "take the bait"....

How classy was it to vote against disaster aid for two other major disasters? How many souls were buried in the storm's aftermath in other states because they wouldn't part with the money? How classy is it to vote to cut $20 BILLION in food stamps for the needy and hungry...And now one of the Virginia wackos is trying to criminalize miscarriages...

Classy...

It wasn't bait. Nor was it sarcasm, comedy, satire, parody or cutting political commentary.. It was absolute rat-sh*t level bile from your sick mind. Just like the progressives rode in on the coattails of the deaths of numerous children in Newtown... once again the left, and you as our "prime" representative of that left... are stomping on the graves of those children in Moore Ok... before they are even in their graves.

P.S. Science Chic... I would move this WHOLE THREAD into the ring if 285 Bound has ANY honor or respect for those children (and others) who died in Moore. I'll see what you do?

Melodramatic much? :biggrin: This isn't about dead children, it's about hypocritical senators. And if I had thin skin, I'd be offended by your comment that any one person is a "prime" example of a group I identify with - no individual is a representative of any group - everyone has a wide range of overlapping, differing beliefs. If this thread gets moved, it's because of your personal comments about people, not the original post.

I've said it before, I'll say it again, and this is a general comment to everyone, not TLGT specifically: Deal with the subject matter at hand, don't make judgements about the person posting them because very few of us know each other that well, and it's way too easy to take comments out of context when reading them online without body language and tone to help convey true meaning. If you disagree that the senators are hypocritical, fine, then feel free to state why. If you don't like that poster and their comments, ignore them. You all know how each other are after years of posting back and forth - why is anything a surprise how someone posts and how in god's name is it worth getting worked up over???

P.S. That site that I've seen some people complain is biased and not credible at all, The Grist, had this to say:
Can we blame climate change for the tornado that took out Moore, Okla.?
Sometimes natural disasters are just that: natural.
By Susie Cagle
20 May 2013

But the science on tornadoes and climate change isn’t clear enough to OMFG about it just yet. As Grist’s John Upton reported recently, the number of twisters has been roller-coastering up and down from year to year. “It certainly feels like one of those boom-bust weather cycles that we expect from climate change. But there doesn’t appear to be any evidence directly linking the recent tornado cycle to global warming.”

“Most climate scientists believe that clearer answers will be forthcoming with better climate modeling tools — and patience,” according to the Huffington Post.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

21 May 2013 09:01 #20 by Rick
This thread reminds me of Barney Frank attempting to make political points as the body parts in Boston were still being picked up. IMO, the only focus in the next few days should be on the people who've lost their family members and everything they own. Politics can wait.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds